Windows 10: Recovery CDs for Windows 7 when PC has been upgraded to Windows 10...

Discus and support Recovery CDs for Windows 7 when PC has been upgraded to Windows 10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I recover my PC when Windows 10 won't allow my Windows 7 recovery disks to work? I get a message stating that my computer is on a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BruRan, Aug 7, 2018.

1. BruRan Win User

Recovery CDs for Windows 7 when PC has been upgraded to Windows 10...

How can I recover my PC when Windows 10 won't allow my Windows 7 recovery disks to work?
    I get a message stating that my computer is on a different version than Windows 7

:)

BruRan, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovery CDs for Windows 7 when PC has been upgraded to Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Recovery CDs has

2. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home: I have a laptop currently operating windows 10 home. It was originally on windows 7. Is there a way to find my product key label rubbed off, before I try restoring/fresh start?...
  3. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home: I have a laptop currently operating windows 10 home. It was originally on windows 7. Is there a way to find my product key label rubbed off, before I try restoring/fresh start?...
  4. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC currently has Windows 11. Had 7 when I bought it, upgraded to 10, then upgraded to 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC currently has Windows 11. Had 7 when I bought it, upgraded to 10, then upgraded to 11...: I've had this gaming laptop since 2016ish. It came with Windows 7 on it. Since then, I got to upgrade to 10 for free, and then a few months ago upgraded to 11 for free. I understand that most Win7 machines had hardware that couldn't handle 11, but this is a gaming laptop,...
  6. PC currently has Windows 11. Had 7 when I bought it, upgraded to 10, then upgraded to 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC currently has Windows 11. Had 7 when I bought it, upgraded to 10, then upgraded to 11...: I've had this gaming laptop since 2016ish. It came with Windows 7 on it. Since then, I got to upgrade to 10 for free, and then a few months ago upgraded to 11 for free. I understand that most Win7 machines had hardware that couldn't handle 11, but this is a gaming laptop,...
  7. Window has failed to recovery, originally windows 7 upgraded to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window has failed to recovery, originally windows 7 upgraded to windows 10: Hello, My pc has failed to recover and can't seem to find the recovery in the system. This was originally a windows 7 installation that was upgraded to windows 10 once it was offered. I note that there is a suggestion to download on to a usb a copy of windows 10 to reinstall....
  8. Error when Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear Microsoft Windows team, "Error: 0x80070570 - 0x2000D The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" I have a problem when I tried to upgrade my old laptop which is currently running on Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10...
  9. Windows install on a PC that has just been upgraded

Windows install on a PC that has just been upgraded: So I am going to be getting an SSD soon as my HDD is having issues, I have used a copy of windows 10 pro on this PC, I'm not changing to a different system just installing a new drive. Since I have a licensed and activated copy of windows on my computer already can I somehow...
  10. How to tell if a PC has been 'upgraded' from 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10

How to tell if a PC has been 'upgraded' from 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10: Have a new laptop that has Win 10 Home pre-installed...no recover disk was supplied. Is there a way to see if this laptop is a clean/fresh factory install of Windows 10 Home....or was upgraded at the factory from a Win 7 and/or Win 8.1 ? It was sold as a Windows 10 Home...