Windows 10: Recovery Disk not working

Discus and support Recovery Disk not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I tried to make a recovery disk I get a message saying that there are files missing. How do I fix this 22205 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jimaz, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Jimaz Win User

Recovery Disk not working

When I tried to make a recovery disk I get a message saying that there are files missing. How do I fix this

:)

Jimaz, Sep 10, 2015
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Windows 10 Recovery Disk not working

Hi Koby,

Your disk may have been damaged or corrupted, but you can re-install Windows 10 by creating an installation media using a USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file. To do so, kindly visit this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Koby.7 Win User
    Windows 10 Recovery Disk not working

So a few days ago I downloaded some software that ended up giving me a little bit of malware. I did the usual thing of using anti virus such as malware bytes but the malware started to get worse and worse and I've now been having more and more issues with
    my computer. This has lead me to wanting to factory reset my pc. I have no issue with doing it as I don't have any important files on my computer and it won't take me long to reinstall my programs after I reset. When I go to the recovery page and pressed reset
    this pc, it told me I needed to insert the recovery disk and restart my pc. I did exactly what it asked me, inserted the recovery disk and restarted. I went back to that same page, clicked on reset and it gave me the same message. It's as if the disk wasn't
    even in the machine or I didn't restart it. I've now restarted it 3-4 times and it's still giving me the same message. I've even tried taking the disk out and putting it back in. Please help me solve this asap.

Koby.7, Sep 10, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Please open the Admin command prompt and run: reagentc /info
    Take a screen shot and post it.In addition, also post a screen shot of disk management

They should look like as shown below:

Recovery Disk not working [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 10, 2015
  5. Jimaz Win User
    My nephew cloned the OS to a second hdd I have when I was out of town. Now I have problems.

Jimaz, Sep 10, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Can you also run: reagentc /info from admin command prompt and post a screen shot

topgundcp, Sep 10, 2015
  7. Jimaz Win User

Jimaz, Sep 11, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

From the screen shot, you can see that Windows cannot locate the Windows RE Location so the status is disabled.
    I saw that you have 2 different versions of OS. One on disk 0 and the other on disk 1. On disk 0, you probably did an upgrade to 10 from 7 so Windows create an extra Recovery partition next to F: Drive. If your nephew did a clone from disk 0 to disk 1. The recovery partition is off by one since he did not clone the 100MB to disk 1.

You need to find out if WinRe.wim is actually being relocated to partition 2 of disk 1. You can also try from admin command prompt to run:

• diskpart
    • select disk 1
    • select partition 2
    • assign letter=R
    • exit
    • reagentc.exe /setreimage /path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /target C:\windows
    • Try create a recovery disk to see if it works

NOTE: If you take a look at my screen shot. You'd see the WinRe.wim is located in disk 0 partition 1 and the status is enabled.

topgundcp, Sep 11, 2015
  9. Jimaz Win User
    Thank you very much. That solved the problem. I want to format my second drive, but it won't let me

Jimaz, Sep 11, 2015
  10. topgundcp Win User
    Again from your screen shot.You are currently running Windows on 2nd disk. You can't format it.

topgundcp, Sep 11, 2015
  11. Jimaz Win User
    I can boot into Drive C. However when I looked into reagentc /info It shows windows re disabled Here's the screenshots

Jimaz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovery Disk not working - Similar Threads - Recovery Disk working

2. recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery disk: how to mke a recovery disk w10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/77ee2740-74fe-40a8-a4c1-0082653d878c
  3. Recovery Disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery Disk: Hey I have this “old” laptop i need to sell. I did the system reset which took forever. But now there is this Recovery disk which i can’t open. What is it for? can/should i remove it before selling? https://imgur.com/a/7raeGuN submitted by /u/Juicy-Cucumber [link]...
  4. recovery disk

recovery disk: can I open a recovery disk to see whats on it, on a computer thats not broken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/3a1b4d32-7a35-4258-959e-00b32454ae49
  5. Disk recovery

Disk recovery: Hello, i've created windows10 installer on my hard drive, but it was't empty. https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/software-download/windows10 using second option how can i recover my lost data? all programs can not recover my previous parition In disc settings i don't have any...
  6. recovery disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    recovery disk: how do I make a recovery disk on my flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/861e9c6e-5279-45e4-a05b-56e8562933d2"
  7. RECOVERY DISK

in Windows 10 Customization
    RECOVERY DISK: Hello, I need to reset my windows 10 password, but I cannot find the recovery disk. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/dd8f866f-60cf-4ecf-b35b-e0ec93d2f389
  8. Recovery disk don't work

Recovery disk don't work: Hi, Was planning to move partitions around, so I took time to make a recovery disk on usb. And since Murphy was around, Windows wouldn't boot. So I put the usb drive in, won't boot. If someone can explain why (Windows 10 was healty at time, included system files, SFC had...
  9. recovery disk

recovery disk: ok i want to make a system recovery disk not a usb but cannot do . i already have windows 10 iso i went threw all option and will not aloud me to continue dell insprion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/9631c2a4-54d2-4387-9392-022a9e0a02b5
  10. Windows corrupted, recovery disk not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows corrupted, recovery disk not working: I'm trying to dual boot my new Inspiron laptop with Ubuntu, but I kept getting errors during installation. I was told to change a few system settings and try again. However, after I did that, Windows was unable to boot. I made a recovery USB beforehand, but it's not...