Windows 10: recovery disk options

Discus and support recovery disk options in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, neighbour has given us an HP Notebook to mend, which belongs to his young daughter. I am not a Windows 10 person. The error message - with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pawz10, Oct 1, 2016.

1. pawz10 Win User

recovery disk options

Hello, neighbour has given us an HP Notebook to mend, which belongs to his young daughter. I am not a Windows 10 person. The error message - with various bug numbers - is
    Unable to boot, error code: 0xc0000001, you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. if you don't have any installation media contact your system administrator or pc manufacturer.

I assumed I would be able to access an advance screen where I could tell it to 'refresh' or have other repair options, but pressing shift and various F keys did not get me where I hoped to go. I can get to BIOS and do a diagnostic of the hardware, so I think it is a repairable boot corruption thing, however, there is no installation media disk with it so am wondering where I go from here. What I was hoping for was a repair disk. What I have seen on the web so far are ISO's to put the system on clean - if I understand correctly what I was looking at. Can you advise please?

:)

pawz10, Oct 1, 2016
  2. D. Dehn Win User

How to create Recovery disc in windows 10

Followed the instruction to create recovery disk as indicated. No item found regarding creating a recovery disk. Only option appears to be creating recovery files on a USB drive. Can you give more explicit instructions to make disks?

D. Dehn, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 freeze at user confirmation.

I WAS ABLE TO FIX IT!

What I did was I made a system recovery disk using another computer I had in the house. All you need is a blank dvd (about 6 bucks at walmart for a pack of them), and another computer.

Insert the disk into the other computer and click the start button. Type in 'system recovery disk' and click the option to make a system recovery disk. It will burn a system recovery onto the disk.

Once thats done, pop the disk into the computer with the issues and hold down the Alt 8 key as its restarting, BEFORE the windows logo pops up. Then select the option to boot from the disk space and it will launch a system recovery. Then you can select to
    troubleshoot startup problems and when youre done, restart and it should work.

JacksonHarper, Oct 1, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

recovery disk options

Hi pawz10,

Put the files from a mounted ISO on a USB, boot from the USB and you should see an option to repair the system. It should be below the option 'install'.

axe0, Oct 1, 2016
  5. pawz10 Win User
    I found a clean install tool, but that is not what I want is it? Media Creation tool...doing .iso. MCT could not find my flash drive even though it was recognised by my computer

pawz10, Oct 1, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    With the ISO you can clean install, install without loosing files and repair.

When you see the button 'install', look below for a word 'repair'

axe0, Oct 1, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome *Smile

Let me know if there are more questions *Smile

axe0, Oct 1, 2016
  8. pawz10 Win User

recovery disk options

It could not repair the issue so tomorrow I will do a clean install, the folk have assured me that there is nothing they mind losing on the drive. Please wish me happy results- I have repaired many computers in the past, from Win 98 on up to Windows Seven, but the anxiety is always present until I can hand it back in full working order. Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated.

pawz10, Oct 1, 2016
  9. pawz10 Win User
    thank you again axe0 job done, clean install, all working

pawz10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

recovery disk options

1. recovery disk options - Similar Threads - recovery disk options

2. recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery disk: how to mke a recovery disk w10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/77ee2740-74fe-40a8-a4c1-0082653d878c
  3. Recovery Disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery Disk: Hey I have this “old” laptop i need to sell. I did the system reset which took forever. But now there is this Recovery disk which i can’t open. What is it for? can/should i remove it before selling? https://imgur.com/a/7raeGuN submitted by /u/Juicy-Cucumber [link]...
  4. recovery disk

recovery disk: can I open a recovery disk to see whats on it, on a computer thats not broken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/3a1b4d32-7a35-4258-959e-00b32454ae49
  5. Disk recovery

Disk recovery: Hello, i've created windows10 installer on my hard drive, but it was't empty. https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/software-download/windows10 using second option how can i recover my lost data? all programs can not recover my previous parition In disc settings i don't have any...
  6. Recovery Disk Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Disk Options: I am interested in knowing what a recovery disk does. Windows 10 requires a 8GB USB stick to create a recovery disk. Is this disk just for rebooting the system or does it also contain the applications I have installed on my laptop?...
  7. recovery disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    recovery disk: how do I make a recovery disk on my flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/861e9c6e-5279-45e4-a05b-56e8562933d2"
  8. RECOVERY DISK

in Windows 10 Customization
    RECOVERY DISK: Hello, I need to reset my windows 10 password, but I cannot find the recovery disk. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/dd8f866f-60cf-4ecf-b35b-e0ec93d2f389
  9. recovery disk

recovery disk: ok i want to make a system recovery disk not a usb but cannot do . i already have windows 10 iso i went threw all option and will not aloud me to continue dell insprion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disk/9631c2a4-54d2-4387-9392-022a9e0a02b5
  10. Recvry Envrn options different from recovery disk Recvry Envrn options

in Windows 10 Support
    Recvry Envrn options different from recovery disk Recvry Envrn options: This is peculiar I have an HP laptop that came with windows 8.1 that got subsequently upgraded to windows 10 following which it has got further updated to the present 1803 (Home Single language) I have booted into recovery environment on my laptop but holding the shift key...