Windows 10: Recovery media

Discus and support Recovery media in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can a recovery media created from one working laptop will be able to restore another same model laptop to its factory fresh or not? 112592 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ryan1991, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Ryan1991 Win User

Recovery media

Can a recovery media created from one working laptop will be able to restore another same model laptop to its factory fresh or not?

:)

Ryan1991, Jun 20, 2018

2. BSOD Recovery Media Fails

Hi,

This issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
      • bootrec /fixmbr
      • bootrec /fixboot
      • bootrec /scanos
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 20, 2018
  4. Recovery media

difference between windows installiation media and windows recovery drive

As the name suggests,

• WIM or installation media is used to install Windows on to the computer.whereas
    • Recovery drive is created to repair your computer in case if it wont start or throw any startup error.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

Recovery media

1. Recovery media - Similar Threads - Recovery media

2. Recovery Media Creator has stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Media Creator has stopped working: I called Dell. They told me that Microsoft will be able to resolve the issue. The computer is mine. I paid for it. Therefore, I also paid for Windows 10. I don't understand why it seems impossible to log out of the work or school account that prevents me from speaking to an...
  3. Recovery Media Creator has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Media Creator has stopped working: I called Dell. They told me that Microsoft will be able to resolve the issue. The computer is mine. I paid for it. Therefore, I also paid for Windows 10. I don't understand why it seems impossible to log out of the work or school account that prevents me from speaking to an...
  4. Recovery Media Creator has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?: When I wanted to reset my PC I picked local reinstall and now it asks for a recovery media. How can I change it to cloud download as this window doesn't appear anymore? Thanks...
  6. how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?

how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?: When I wanted to reset my PC I picked local reinstall and now it asks for a recovery media. How can I change it to cloud download as this window doesn't appear anymore? Thanks...
  7. i need help, im trying to reset my pc but it wont letme its asking for recovery media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help, im trying to reset my pc but it wont letme its asking for recovery media: error in power shell when running : Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  8. i need help, im trying to reset my pc but it wont letme its asking for recovery media

i need help, im trying to reset my pc but it wont letme its asking for recovery media: error in power shell when running : Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. i need help, im trying to reset my pc but it wont letme its asking for recovery media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. W11 Recovery Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Recovery Media: Dear MS Community,Dear Elise,Your detailed explanation in September were useful. Thank You!I eventually started my new computer with preinstalled W 11 first Time... and ALL HAS BEEN ALL RIGHT; since my wifi router was allready ON, thé PC started quickly, with only some...