Windows 10: recovery part added to system sdd?

Discus and support recovery part added to system sdd? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings One day I noticed that my poor system ssd of 112GB has two parts. The new part is Recovery of 850MB including the folder WindowsRE that has 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zivshosh, Jun 22, 2018.

1. zivshosh Win User

recovery part added to system sdd?

Greetings
    One day I noticed that my poor system ssd of 112GB has two parts. The new part is Recovery of 850MB
    including the folder WindowsRE that has 3 files inside: boot.sdi 3MB. Winre.wim 390MB, ReAgent.xml 1K.
    Does anyone know what caused it?
    is it part of some windows updates (I am in Windows 10 Pro ver.1803 b17134.112)?
    Do I really need it? (I can run it over by recovering part of a clone I made by few backup programs)
    Thank you

:)

zivshosh, Jun 22, 2018

2. SDD and a HDD windows 10

I have Windows 10 installed on a 525gb SDD. I have a 1tb HDD that I'm using for my data. I've been reading a lot of conflicting tweaks to use on the SDD. Help!

1. Should I eliminate the swap on the SDD? I do a have a windows managed swap file on the HDD.

2. Should I turn off indexing on the SDD?

3. Should I turn off system restore on the SDD?

Most of the articles I've been reading have been a couple of years old. I know that the current SDDs are better but do these same tweaks apply now?

Any info and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

saturn7110x, Jun 22, 2018
  3. Cannot create a recovery disk on my "Upgraded" W10 systems

Hi Jorg,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a recovery disk on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Also refer to the below Microsoft article: Refresh is part of reset in Windows 10

And: Repair & recovery

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 22, 2018
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

1. recovery part added to system sdd? - Similar Threads - recovery part added

2. Tagging as part of the operating system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tagging as part of the operating system.: Dear,Does Microsoft have plans for tagging to become part of their operating system in the near future?Apple has chosen this path already in 2013 OS X Mavericks and all the IOS products. It has given users unbound dimensions to organise their information.What's holding back...
  3. Tagging as part of the operating system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging as part of the operating system.: Dear,Does Microsoft have plans for tagging to become part of their operating system in the near future?Apple has chosen this path already in 2013 OS X Mavericks and all the IOS products. It has given users unbound dimensions to organise their information.What's holding back...
  4. SDD Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SDD Issue: I had a Ransomeware virus attatched to my pc and it turned off my secure DNS from google chrome. Wonder how i would turn it on i went on a youtube video and i didn't have the Folder with the Registry in the registry editor. I know how randomswore can attack and edit the...
  5. SDD Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SDD Issue: I had a Ransomeware virus attatched to my pc and it turned off my secure DNS from google chrome. Wonder how i would turn it on i went on a youtube video and i didn't have the Folder with the Registry in the registry editor. I know how randomswore can attack and edit the...
  6. Is System 32 part of my computer or part of the OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is System 32 part of my computer or part of the OS?: So im new to idea of having a desktop and i tried installing Windows 10 for it since it doesn't have an OS yet, so its worrisome that when i booted my flash drive it loaded an error saying system 32 is missing, so is system 32 part of my computer or is it part of the OS? And...
  7. Partly deleted System 32

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partly deleted System 32: Yesterday someone tryed to "prank" me and deleted parts of my System 32 folder. Now my Windows 10 doesn't boot properly. Apparently I can't boot from a USB stick and I don't have a system image to restore it. Now my question is: can I copy the missing files from another PC...
  8. SSD new recovery part added

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD new recovery part added: Greetings One day I noticed that my poor system ssd of 112GB has two parts. The new part is Recovery of 850MB including the folder WindowsRE that has 3 files inside: boot.sdi 3MB. Winre.wim 390MB, ReAgent.xml 1K. Does anyone know what caused it? is it part of some windows...
  9. "Act as part of the operating system"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Act as part of the operating system": Act as part of the operating system: Security Configuration Editor; Security Services What is this user right, it seems quite juicy and useful. If I apply it to myself will I be able to "impersonate" TrustedInstaller? That article is rather vauge on what this actually does...
  10. Added HDD, cant find OS system recovery BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Added HDD, cant find OS system recovery BSOD: So i added an WD 2TB HDD to my computer, and removed an old ATI Sapphire HD 5450 GPU. When i booted up, my computer was unable to find an OS, and it said to remove any HDD that does not have an OS, and so i did. Then i t said reboot and choose device, but when o rebooted, it...