Windows 10: Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update)

Discus and support Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After updated windows, I found that the recovery partition divided into 2 parts and 1 weird partition. How can I deal with this? Cause this looks not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nheolinkin, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update)

After updated windows, I found that the recovery partition divided into 2 parts and 1 weird partition.
    How can I deal with this? Cause this looks not normal at all.

Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update) [​IMG]

:)

nheolinkin, Aug 4, 2016
  2. bru20 Win User

Automatic Update broke Windows Defender

To me its pretty clear.

In my case, two scheduled tasks related to Windows Defender, updating definitions and running a quick scan, did not work properly after the Anniversary Update. Both tasks worked perfect prior to the update. For the definitions update task I was able to resolve
    the problem by editing the Actions details. For the scheduled scan task I have not found a fix.

Nothing changed on my computer in regards to bloatware or the recovery partition. The only change was the installation of the Anniversary Update.

bru20, Aug 4, 2016
  3. HP Laptop - Installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Hi Shane,

I realize that you have some questions related to Anniversary update. I will try to help you with this issue.

The recovery partition drive on the HDD will be updated. No changes to the recovery media that came with the laptop. No changes to the OEM applications that came preinstalled on the PC. No changes to the OEM license.

You will use the Windows Media Creation Tool to update to the anniversary update if you are unable to install this update normally or if you run into rough weather while trying to install this update.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update)

1. Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update) - Similar Threads - Recovery Partition changes

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. Anniversary update failed - After, no updates available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update failed - After, no updates available?: I just updated my 64-bit PC with the anniversary update, as confirmed by the changes to the notification at far right, and all programs showing on the start menu. But then, I tried the update on my 32-bit PC, which I started and let run while away from it. When I came...
  4. Anniversary update change default programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anniversary update change default programs?: Did the anniversary update change the way the default programs used to work? I can't seem to set the default programs to use portable applications now. And its alot harder to set file associations as well for portable apps. 71812
  5. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  6. Multi-Partition SD Cards inaccessible after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi-Partition SD Cards inaccessible after anniversary update: I have few SD Cards that were formatted to carry 2 partitions ( one fat32 partition and another ext4 linux partition) , this is a common practice to use a common tool for android mobiles to move applications to sd cards for additional space ( named link2sd ) . the primary...
  7. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  8. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  9. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install: One of the issues experienced by users after installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update concerns partitions, as many of those who upgraded their computers reported that a number of partitions disappeared from File Explorer. Furthermore, all partitions show up as RAW in...