Windows 10: Recovery Partition question

Discus and support Recovery Partition question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have space for the recovery partition but it says the partition is empty. I was trying to make a recovery usb and it would say couldn't create one. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debgram, Nov 16, 2016.

1. debgram Win User

Recovery Partition question

I have space for the recovery partition but it says the partition is empty. I was trying to make a recovery usb and it would say couldn't create one. I went under computer management and the space is accolated but says it has 100% free space, so how come when I did the clean install of windows 10 it didn't put recovery files on it and how can I get those files back?

:)

debgram, Nov 16, 2016

2. Can a virus infect the invisiable system partition and recovery partition

Thanks ZigZag3143 for your reply.

An additional question.

If system partition and recovery partition are infected by virus, how can these partitions be scanned and be disinfected?

Zulfikar Zubair, Nov 16, 2016
  3. Windows Recovery Partitions

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Flex 3-1120. I have upgraded Windows a number of times and as such have a number of recovery partitions. I was worried about deleting any because I might remove a partition that was vital to the machine's own recovery.
    After some I research I found a post at the following link:

Windows 8.1 - Why are there multiple recovery partitions in the system?

The writer suggested that the Windows recovery partitions are allocated so that the most recent is to the direct right of the C: partition in Disk Management. This seems sound and also indicates that the partitions separating my allocatable memory for partitioning
    are in fact Windows recovery partitions. I am just wondering if it would be safe to delete Windows recovery partitions. If the remaining partitions are the ones used by Lenovo to reinstall Windows and drivers - I should be safe to delete them, correct? Then
    when I reinstall Windows from the system recovery partition, wouldn't re-create a new recovery partition for that installation?

I thought I'd add that the three recovery partitions in question are 893 MB, 892 MB, and 892 MB, also making me think they are all created by the same software - most likely Windows operating systems. Unfortunately they are embedded in a way that keeps memory
    from being partitioned, so they have to go.

MattSA

MatthewArmshaw, Nov 16, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

The Recovery partition is not empty, all files in this partition are hidden and disk management gives false info. You can install MiniTool Partition Wizard , run then right click on the partition to explore it.
    Post a screen shot of disk management so we can see how all partitions were organized.

topgundcp, Nov 16, 2016
  5. debgram Win User
    oh like this pic? How would I make a recovery usb? Mine through windows sdays it can't create it and from what I been searching a lot of people are having that problem

Recovery Partition question [​IMG]

debgram, Nov 16, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    Unless there is something more than Windows you can just download win10 DVD and use that to get data off depends on model of of in most cases to use it you press a key on boot to do a reset

Samuria, Nov 16, 2016
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Your disk partitions look fine. Open admin command and type: reagentc /info and make sure it is enabled
    then try Control Panel->Recovery

topgundcp, Nov 16, 2016
  8. debgram Win User

tried that didn't work

debgram, Nov 16, 2016
  9. topgundcp Win User
    What error message did you get ?

topgundcp, Nov 16, 2016
  10. debgram Win User

debgram, Nov 16, 2016
  11. Samuria Win User
    Back to my question make model of PC often the makers have a tool to create usb Asus HP and others do separate from Windows

Samuria, Nov 16, 2016
  12. debgram Win User
    It's custom bulit....omputer Type PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number Custom Bulit
    OS windows 10 home
    CPU Intel Core i5-6500
    Motherboard ASUS H170 pro gaming
    Memory 16gb
    Graphics Card AMD Radeon R7 370

debgram, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovery Partition question - Similar Threads - Recovery Partition question

2. Partition Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition Question: Hello, I have a 2TB HDD and when I partitioned it I ended up making one that should be a little bit larger. One of the other partitions has plenty of extra capacity but I tried Disk Management and Aomei Partition Master and neither allow me to make an existing Partition...
  3. Partition Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Partition Question: Hello, I have a 2TB HDD and when I partitioned it I ended up making one that should be a little bit larger. One of the other partitions has plenty of extra capacity but I tried Disk Management and Aomei Partition Master and neither allow me to make an existing Partition...
  4. Question about recovery partition on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about recovery partition on laptop: Hello I have an acer brand computer that came built with windows 10 and I formatted the drive c on which it was installed and chose boot and then started a clean installation of windows 11 and did not delete or touch the recovery partition in the partition window that is...
  5. Question about recovery partition on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about recovery partition on laptop: Hello I have an acer brand computer that came built with windows 10 and I formatted the drive c on which it was installed and chose boot and then started a clean installation of windows 11 and did not delete or touch the recovery partition in the partition window that is...
  6. Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions: Hello, I have a 2 month old HP laptop with 256GB NVMe SSD running Windows 10 Version 2004. I wanted to upgrade to a 500GB NVMe SSD. The laptop only has the one NVMe port and I don't have a NVMe to USB adapter or enclosure, so cloning wasn't an option. I got copy of Acronis...
  7. Question about windows recovery partition size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about windows recovery partition size: I have a 512 ssd and the size of WinRE_DRV is 1gb. Is this too much or normal? submitted by /u/NiceSignal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl7c0v/question_about_windows_recovery_partition_size/
  8. Question re: Recovery partitions, Macrium

Question re: Recovery partitions, Macrium: My project is to clone my HDD C: to a new, larger SSD. I think I have things pretty well figured out, but I am not comfortable with the situation in my current Recovery Partition. Below is a pic of my current partitioning scheme. [img] As far as I can figure out, the...
  9. Question about recovery partition

Question about recovery partition: OneKey Recovery no longer works on my laptop, presumably because of a clean install, so I'm planning to start using Macrium Reflect. There's a hidden partition called "PRB_DRV". How can I tell whether it's safe to delete this partition? 131144
  10. Questions regarding the Windows Recovery Environment partition (WinRe)

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions regarding the Windows Recovery Environment partition (WinRe): These questions may be plainly obvious to many. However before now I have never copied partitions to a new drive and am approaching all of this from a position of ignorance. I recently installed a 250gb mSata SSD into my laptop meant to boot the operating system while the...