Windows 10: Recovery partition

Discus and support Recovery partition in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I just tried to reseize my Recovery partition from 500mb to 750 so I could fit the update KB5028997 and after I was done it turns out my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lenny 0171, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Recovery partition

Hello, I just tried to reseize my Recovery partition from 500mb to 750 so I could fit the update KB5028997 and after I was done it turns out my Recovery partition is 93.91 GB is this normal should it now be around 500-750? could I get some assistance with this

:)

Lenny 0171, Jun 23, 2024

2. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

My suggestion would be to:

1) Disable WinRE

2) Delete partitions 4 and 5.

3) Extend the C drive to utilize the unallocated space (minus 750 MB)

4) Create a Recovery partition in that 750 MB unallocated space.

Step 1:

To disable WinRE, run:

• reagentc /disable

Next, check if winre.wim has been moved to the c:\windows\system32\Recovery folder. To do so, run:

• dir c:\windows\system32\Recovery /a

Please post the outputs.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jun 23, 2024
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Recovery partition

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Recovery partition :)

RyoTakagi, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Recovery partition

1. Recovery partition - Similar Threads - Recovery partition

2. Facing Blue Screen recovery issue after changing partition .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facing Blue Screen recovery issue after changing partition .: Hey guys.. I hope you're doing well...Lately, I have been facing a problem on my dell laptop which is running in windows 10 os. I have a 250 GB hard disk divided to 2 partitions. I had mucha space in d drive but my c drive was full which is assigned as defualt drive. So i...
  3. Facing Blue Screen recovery issue after changing partition .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing Blue Screen recovery issue after changing partition .: Hey guys.. I hope you're doing well...Lately, I have been facing a problem on my dell laptop which is running in windows 10 os. I have a 250 GB hard disk divided to 2 partitions. I had mucha space in d drive but my c drive was full which is assigned as defualt drive. So i...
  4. Facing Blue Screen recovery issue after changing partition .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A partition got converted to ext4 on its own . Data and partition recovery needed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A partition got converted to ext4 on its own . Data and partition recovery needed.: I am using windows 11 dual boot with ubuntu 22.04. I have 2 ssds. one is 512gb and another is 128 gb. After a recent update of windows, a partition from 512gb ssd, where windows 11 is loaded just got vanished. Using 3rd party minitool, I found that drive was converted to...
  6. A partition got converted to ext4 on its own . Data and partition recovery needed.

A partition got converted to ext4 on its own . Data and partition recovery needed.: I am using windows 11 dual boot with ubuntu 22.04. I have 2 ssds. one is 512gb and another is 128 gb. After a recent update of windows, a partition from 512gb ssd, where windows 11 is loaded just got vanished. Using 3rd party minitool, I found that drive was converted to...
  7. Why do i have multiple healthy recovery partitions ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i have multiple healthy recovery partitions ?: i checked disk management tool and found multiple healthy recovery partitions. Is this common or can i delete them and how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-multiple-healthy-recovery-partitions/fab0170e-df62-45fb-8cd8-5f6f8de38793
  8. Why do i have multiple healthy recovery partitions ?

Why do i have multiple healthy recovery partitions ?: i checked disk management tool and found multiple healthy recovery partitions. Is this common or can i delete them and how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-multiple-healthy-recovery-partitions/fab0170e-df62-45fb-8cd8-5f6f8de38793
  9. I have messed up my Windows Recovery Partition or have I ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have messed up my Windows Recovery Partition or have I ?: Hi,Please I am a noob here, so if possible please be patient, and chat to someone who knows limited information about computers.My curiosity led me to this problem.I am trying to solve this issue: KB503441, basically, you need toshrink the Windows Recovery Partition in order...
  10. I have messed up my Windows Recovery Partition or have I ?

I have messed up my Windows Recovery Partition or have I ?: Hi,Please I am a noob here, so if possible please be patient, and chat to someone who knows limited information about computers.My curiosity led me to this problem.I am trying to solve this issue: KB503441, basically, you need toshrink the Windows Recovery Partition in order...