Windows 10: Recovery partitions on SSD

Discus and support Recovery partitions on SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Try to install Windows 10 fresh then come back and tell me that I am wrong. You are referring to an article that was published in 2009. Things have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by norman, Jan 10, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Recovery partitions on SSD

Please accept my humble apologies - you are indeed correct.

From memory, it actually used to be 16GB for small drives and 128GB for large drives. I wonder what is different about Windows 10 that enabled the change?

In case of an upgrade, of course, it still uses the old MSR 128MB partition. Obviously so small, not worth worrying about.

cereberus, Jan 11, 2016
  2. Nipax Win User
    Nipax, Jan 11, 2016
  3. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Jan 11, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

No apologies needed. We all learn from each other.
    @OP
    Did you look at the link I posted previously ? It is quite simple and get the partition scheme correctly.

topgundcp, Jan 11, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    You two ( @topgundcp and @cereberus) are absolutely 'kin' hilarious.

EDIT: I'm not allowed to rep either of you apparently. I must have made a mistake in the past...

6. cereberus Win User
    Of course I meant MB not,GB!

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovery partitions on SSD - Similar Threads - Recovery partitions SSD

2. 450 mb ssd recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    450 mb ssd recovery partition: i installed another version of win 10 with a usb so all the windows filed were installed on my hdd and before that the booting files only were put on a 450 md ssd recovery partition so the booting was way too fast so how to get them back there ?...
  3. No Recovery Partition on cloned NVMe SSD

No Recovery Partition on cloned NVMe SSD: I have used Aomei Backupper to clone a Windows 10 Pro SATA3 SSD to a new NVMe M2 SSD. It went well and I now have a new boot drive but the cloning process did not copy over the Recovery Partition from the original SSD. Is that a problem? Thanks 179622
  4. Remove Old SSD System Reserved and Recovery Partitions to New SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Old SSD System Reserved and Recovery Partitions to New SSD: Hello,I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 onto a new m.2 SSD and I noticed that my System Reserved and Recovery partitions were still present and active on my old boot SSD Disk 1. I wasn't able to delete them through Disk Management or through an elevated powershell,...
  5. recovery disk not finding new SSD main partition

recovery disk not finding new SSD main partition: I'm installing a new SDD into an older laptop. I've made a recovery disk on USB drive. When I install SDD and reboot on recovery disk, and reinstall I get the error that the system disk is too small. The SSD has been partition into disk 0 223 GB and disk 1 14GB but with 0GB...
  6. Partition corrupted, Partition Recovery, Evo 850 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition corrupted, Partition Recovery, Evo 850 SSD: Hello, my boot drive c: seems to be broken. Problems starts with a bluescreen. After the bluescreen, Windows 10 is not starting anymore. All windows repair tools are not working, also "set back to recovery point" is not finding any recovery point. I tried chkdsk then, it...
  7. SSD + HDD as Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD + HDD as Recovery Partition: Win 10 v 1909. I have never run into this before. An SSD with a 1tb HDD as recovery partition. Can someone tell me how this is done because I want to make 1tb hdd separate. New Lenovo 510A Thanks [img] 156079
  8. Recovery Partition

Recovery Partition: Please read through to the bottom. I have 2 questions there. This is in relation to comments on threads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unused-11gb-recovery-partition/24a7cbbe-960a-490f-b916-e07eba32281e and...
  9. Optimizing the Recovery Partition on a SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimizing the Recovery Partition on a SSD: I have a feeling this has been asked before and the answer is “Just leave it, it doesn’t matter” I notice the recovery partition on my SSD is always reporting as “Never run” and “Needs optimizing” If you chose to optimize it does nothing. [img] Any advice on this...
  10. SSD upgrade, cloning W10, and recovery partition

SSD upgrade, cloning W10, and recovery partition: I just bought a new SSD, San Disk ultra II 960GB. I want to install it in my Samsung Ativbook. The computer originally came with windows 8 but I did the free upgrade to 10. Ever since I upgraded, the computer is running much slower and takes a lot longer to boot. As a result,...