Windows 10: Recovery - Refresh 9879

Discus and support Recovery - Refresh 9879 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone been able to "Refresh" on build 9879? Part of testing this out is all the functionality. I changed some things in the system and was going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cpupro, Nov 15, 2014.

1. cpupro Win User

Recovery - Refresh 9879

Has anyone been able to "Refresh" on build 9879? Part of testing this out is all the functionality. I changed some things in the system and was going to do a "Refresh" to correct but to my surprise it goes through the process, reboots and then tells you there were problems, nothing is changed.

After this process it does send files off to MS and such. Just curious if it is my build or if others are having this problem.

:)

cpupro, Nov 15, 2014
  2. SRTT Win User

You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store

didnt work for me i got this
    Recovery - Refresh 9879 [​IMG]

3. Windows defender not updating definitions on windows 10

Same here. After the update to 9879 all is well again.

Thank you all.

ScottBentley_HTG, Nov 15, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Recovery - Refresh 9879

That's odd, usually a 'Refresh' involves inserting your installation media then Windows will essentially re-install the OS. Takes 10 times longer than doing a clean install yourself. Don't usually go that route.

Edwin, Nov 15, 2014
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Nov 16, 2014
  6. Ztruker Win User
    No good, refresh completed, rebooted and it failed.
    Tried to complete again the booted to Undoing changes ...

Doing refresh

Error on 1st boot after

Undoing chnages 3rd boot after

Ztruker, Nov 16, 2014
  7. wptski Win User
    I had problems with 9879 and tried the Refresh as well, it completed but didn't fix the problem.

wptski, Nov 20, 2014
  8. Recovery - Refresh 9879

Ditto, didn't work for either when I lost short cuts associated with Tiles - all other shortcuts worked though.

I used the option which basically keeps most of your original settings but wipes all installed applications and, yes, it took longer than a clean build.

WightWalker, Nov 20, 2014
  9. cpupro Win User
    Well, that certainly answers the question. If and when they put out the .iso's for this build I will just reload instead of refresh. It really isn't working from what you are showing me.

I will say that there is information being sent to MS every time this fails so maybe they will see what is going on.

cpupro, Nov 20, 2014
  10. gregrocker, Nov 21, 2014
  11. cpupro Win User
    That's what I will probably do once we have the "iso" files. I really don't want to start from the beginning again after installing Office and such.

Thanks for the suggestion.

cpupro, Nov 21, 2014
  12. gregrocker, Nov 21, 2014
  13. dencal Win User

Recovery - Refresh 9879

That's what I will probably do once we have the "iso" files. I really don't want to start from the beginning again after installing Office and such.

Thanks for the suggestion. ISO Now available for Windows 10 Build 9879.

ISO Now Available for Latest Windows 10 Build 9879 | Windows 10 content from Windows IT Pro

dencal, Nov 21, 2014
  14. cpupro Win User
    From what I am looking at that is still the "Enterprise 9879" build not the Standard Windows 10 build for the ISO's.

I think it will be sometime at the beginning of next week.

cpupro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Recovery - Refresh 9879

1. Recovery - Refresh 9879 - Similar Threads - Recovery Refresh 9879

2. "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I seem to be going from one subject to another! I am a little confused between "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10. I seem to think I did something like this about 2 years ago. At the time I was having various problems with certain apps. I...
  3. "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I seem to be going from one subject to another! I am a little confused between "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10. I seem to think I did something like this about 2 years ago. At the time I was having various problems with certain apps. I...
  4. "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minimum Refresh Recovery Time Delay query

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimum Refresh Recovery Time Delay query: Does it matter if my two (otherwise identical) ram sticks have different scores for: Minimum Refresh Recovery Time Delay (tRFCmin): ? one is 260.000 ns and other is 160 145049
  6. ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~: ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~ Recovery - Reset this PC vs Fresh Start ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/difference-reset-refresh-in-recovery/5b320ab5-0558-422f-9f29-068a0f7c25e9
  7. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  8. OneDrive in build 9879

OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  9. OneDrive crippled in Build 9879

OneDrive crippled in Build 9879: I root my User folders in the OneDrive folder which has worked fine for several years. After a day of running 9879 I restart to a warning the OneDrive cannot find the Desktop. I try to open OneDrive App and get this error: "Your System Administrator has blocked the User of...
  10. Boot Failure tp 9879

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Failure tp 9879: I just installed this upgrade. and found that at the end when it did a reboot that the screen ended with a flashing cursor in the upper left of the screen. I waited for some time and finally did a reboot and held the F12 key and then moved down to boot from the hard drive. It...