Windows 10: Recovery run on Windows 10 but it's reverted back to Windows 7. Can I go back to 10 without...

Discus and support Recovery run on Windows 10 but it's reverted back to Windows 7. Can I go back to 10 without... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop that was maxing out at 100% disk usage even though very few processes were running. So, I decided to reset it using the recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobM0215, Jul 19, 2018.

1. RobM0215 Win User

Recovery run on Windows 10 but it's reverted back to Windows 7. Can I go back to 10 without...

Hi,

I have a laptop that was maxing out at 100% disk usage even though very few processes were running. So, I decided to reset it using the recovery option. Unfortunately, it's reverted back to Windows 7 (the original version purchased with the laptop before I upgraded during the free offer).

The main question is; Can I upgrade back to Windows 10 without having to pay? If so, a step-by-step process would be appreciated.

Secondary: The disk usage is still maxing out at 100% on Windows 7. Is there a definitive solution for this as I've seen so many different options?

Thanks. Any help would be genuinely appreciated.

:)

RobM0215, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Recovery run on Windows 10 but it's reverted back to Windows 7. Can I go back to 10 without...

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Recovery run on Windows 10 but it's reverted back to Windows 7. Can I go back to 10 without...

1. Recovery run on Windows 10 but it's reverted back to Windows 7. Can I go back to 10 without... - Similar Threads - Recovery run reverted

2. Revert back from 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert back from 10 to 7: When I had windows 7 some how I deleted a file and was unable to boot the computer so I had windows 10 installed. I would like to go back to 7 but not sure if I do will I still have that same file missing? I am not very computer savvy but could use some advice has to what I...
  3. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting back to windows 7: A mistake about 20 months ago upgraded windows 7 to windows 10. My laptop was not built for windows 10 and as a result makes everything run at a snails pace. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 7 please?...
  4. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting back to windows 7: A mistake about 20 months ago upgraded windows 7 to windows 10. My laptop was not built for windows 10 and as a result makes everything run at a snails pace. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 7 please?...
  5. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7: For some reason my computer reverted back to Windows 7 from Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 10 in May 2020, and my system had been working fine until now. The only changes I've made to my system was to the latest Windows 10 updated a few days ago which required a reboot...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Reverting Back to Windows 7??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Reverting Back to Windows 7??: Win 7 Pro upgraded to Win 10 Pro These were upgraded months ago. I upgraded a dozens of desktops from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. This was months ago. All upgraded with no issues except a errant printer or a mapped drive connection. This morning it was reported to me...
  8. Revert back to windows 7 from 10

Revert back to windows 7 from 10: How do I get windows 7 back on my computer. I installed windows 10 but do not like it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revert-back-to-windows-7-from-10/3493d33b-0f5e-40ab-a77e-fe7e1fd18068
  9. can i go back to windows 7?

can i go back to windows 7?: i do believe my laptop has 7 and 10 on it. it still has the control panel from 7 and windows 10 settings. please excuse my lack of proper typing and grammar but no time right now....
  10. Reverted Back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Reverted Back to Windows 7: Sadly I have reverted back to Windows 7 for the time being due to a number of issues i have faced with Windows 10. It is an amazing OS yes, but it is not stable yet in terms of performance. I shall upgrade back after Threshold 2 releases i.e in November or December. Some of...