Windows 10: Recovery

Discus and support Recovery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How di I make a recovery/start up disk for Windows 10 14218 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shoe, Aug 7, 2015.

1. shoe Win User

Recovery

How di I make a recovery/start up disk for Windows 10

:)

shoe, Aug 7, 2015

2. Recovery

After installing windows 10, on the Surface Pro 3. it was running fine, although a couple of programs wouldn't work, I decided to do a system recovery, And I couldn't do a recovery to the system, it wouldn't let me kept on telling me to install a disc
    or usb stick, surely, if I had a recovery partition, with windows 8.1, then it should recover with windows 10 without having to use a USB stick.

WilliamChristie2016, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Recovery

Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

If you are upgrading to Windows 10 Final version. Yes, upgrading from Windows 7 or a later version it will preserve your personal files, applications and settings.

I would like to inform you that most third party applications designed for Windows 7 or later should work with Windows 10. Of course, with significant changes expected in Windows 10, it is best you contact the developer of your software programs to find
    out about support for Windows 10.

You may refer to this FAQ and check if it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Recovery

Kyhi, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Recovery

1. Recovery - Similar Threads - Recovery

2. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  3. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  4. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  5. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  6. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  8. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  9. bitlocker key recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker key recovery: hello i can't access to my bitlocker key using the microsoft account. can i have help to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-recovery/b1043c1e-90f8-4f8c-bd5f-574945b6fc41
  10. bitlocker key recovery

bitlocker key recovery: hello i can't access to my bitlocker key using the microsoft account. can i have help to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-recovery/b1043c1e-90f8-4f8c-bd5f-574945b6fc41