Windows 10: Recurrent BSOD

Discus and support Recurrent BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I had recurrent BSOD after installing the new Office Update a week ago, which resulted in my resetting my laptop and reinstalling windows 10. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cashew, May 14, 2016.

1. Cashew Win User

Recurrent BSOD

Hi,
    I had recurrent BSOD after installing the new Office Update a week ago, which resulted in my resetting my laptop and reinstalling windows 10. This worked for a bit I have now started experiencing BSOD less frequently than before on startup up from sleep and once when plugging in an HDMI cable. Please advise.

:)

Cashew, May 14, 2016

2. Recurrent BSOD

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 14, 2016
  3. HellerManus, May 14, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Recurrent BSOD

There are no dumps from C:\Windows\minidump. Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

Are you running any programs that cleanup your hard drive, like CCleaner? If so they may be deleting the dumps. Stop using them for awhile until we can get some dumps to look at.

Looking at your drivers, there are a lot of very old ones.

2009/14/07 01:00:20 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dot4usb.sys HP laserjet
    2010/05/10 00:30:57 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ElcMouLFlt.sys ELECOM USB Mouse Driver
    2010/30/11 05:42:46 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ElcMouUFlt.sys ELECOM USB Mouse Driver
    2011/11/04 19:48:16 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\iaStorV.sys Intel® Matrix Storage Manager Sata RAID Controller driver
    2012/03/12 06:19:30 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\t_mouse.sys iBall Advanced Mouse driver ????
    2012/06/08 18:01:00 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Dot4.sys HP Laserjet
    2012/11/12 21:21:44 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\amdsbs.sys AMD Technology AHCI Compatible Controller Driver
    2012/27/11 00:02:51 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\stexstor.sys Promise SuperTrak EX Series SAS/SATA Raid controller
    2013/03/06 23:02:39 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\megasr.sys LSI MegaRAID Software RAID Driver
    2013/04/02 19:47:18 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bxvbda.sys Broadcom NetXtreme II GigE
    2013/15/03 23:39:38 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\lsi_sss.sys LSI SSS PCIe/Flash Driver (StorPort)
    2013/21/01 19:00:28 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vstxraid.sys VIA StorX RAID Controller Driver
    2013/26/03 21:36:54 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\HpSAMD.sys HP Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Media Driver

I suggest going to the manufacturers web site and downloading the latest Chipset, SATA, and mouse drivers for a start. Looks like you have a HP Pavilion 15-r030na 15.6" Laptop. Lots of drivers available:

Attachment 80051

Check Device Manager and see if there are any entries with yellow marks by them.

Ztruker, May 15, 2016
  5. Cashew Win User
    Hi,
    I had already gone through my device manager and updated all the drivers from there, although non of the ones you've listed appear there. I'm in the process of downloading the drivers from the HP website however.
    I do run CCleaner I will avoid running it for a bit and run the tool again after the drivers have been installed.
    Thanks.

Cashew, May 15, 2016
  6. Cashew Win User
    Attachment 80173
    have now attached zip file

Cashew, May 15, 2016
  7. lifetec Win User
    The zipfile still does not contain dumpfiles and as Ztrucker already mentioned

Please check if your system is configured for collecting dumpfiles. (6. To have Windows Create a Small memory dump (Minidump) File on BSOD
    Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD - Windows 7 Help Forums
    If you are using CCcleaner or similar Apps please uncheck deleting dumpfiles option.

If you gonna use CC cleaner at least during troubleshooting uncheck the deleting dumpfiles option to prevent possible future dumpfiles from deleting.

The last bluescreen from 15 may was blaming IastorA.sys. this is the intel storage driver.

lifetec, May 15, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Recurrent BSOD

You can continue to use CCleaner, just uncheck Memory dumps and Log files under System.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Recurrent BSOD

1. Recurrent BSOD - Similar Threads - Recurrent BSOD

2. Recurrent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurrent BSOD: Hello,Since a few months, I got repetitive BSOD occuring daily in a irregular rhythm. Sometimes, I only get it once, other times thrice in a single hour. Most of the times they're BSOD, but I also often just have my pc restart by itself leaving no trace.I have tried many...
  3. Recurrent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurrent BSOD: Hello,Since a few months, I got repetitive BSOD occuring daily in a irregular rhythm. Sometimes, I only get it once, other times thrice in a single hour. Most of the times they're BSOD, but I also often just have my pc restart by itself leaving no trace.I have tried many...
  4. Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC

Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC: Hi! It's my first time posting on this forums so please bear with me. I'm at my wits end with my PC. It just keeps doing random BSOD or just hanging up when I'm doing stuff or playing, heck even on idle. I have been experiencing this problem since the beginning. Most of my...
  5. Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC: Hi! It's my first time posting on this forums so please bear with me. I'm at my wits end with my PC. It just keeps doing random BSOD or just hanging up when I'm doing stuff or playing, heck even on idle. I have been experiencing this problem since the beginning. Most of my...
  6. please Help with a recurrent bsod dump file attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please Help with a recurrent bsod dump file attached: HI there I can t figure out what could cause continues BSOD on my new PC looks like is a Hardware failureif anybody could help out would be amazingHere is the dump filehttps://mega.nz/folder/qgMmgBRQ#xsFxf2s6iI-W1ppOF3YtJgSource Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎5/‎8/‎2023...
  7. please Help with a recurrent bsod dump file attached

please Help with a recurrent bsod dump file attached: HI there I can t figure out what could cause continues BSOD on my new PC looks like is a Hardware failureif anybody could help out would be amazingHere is the dump filehttps://mega.nz/folder/qgMmgBRQ#xsFxf2s6iI-W1ppOF3YtJgSource Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎5/‎8/‎2023...
  8. Recurrent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurrent BSOD: Please could someone help me identify the cause of occasional but inconvenient BSODs? In response to a previous request, I ran a memtest86+ for 9 passes with no errors. I have run Verifier for 48h using these instructions...
  9. Recurrent BSOD

Recurrent BSOD: Please could someone help me identify the cause of occasional but inconvenient BSODs? In response to a previous request, I ran a memtest86+ for 9 passes with no errors. I have run Verifier for 48h using these instructions...
  10. Recurrent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging