Windows 10: Recurring BSOD at Odd Intervals

Discus and support Recurring BSOD at Odd Intervals in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a couple of months now I've been getting a BSOD that seems to come and go but it has thwarted all of my attempts to figure out what's causing it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanJRuss, Jan 14, 2017.

1. DanJRuss Win User

Recurring BSOD at Odd Intervals

For a couple of months now I've been getting a BSOD that seems to come and go but it has thwarted all of my attempts to figure out what's causing it. As best as I can describe it: I get either System_Service_Exception or Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled with more of the former than the latter. It always comes from the same address, ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0. After going back and doing clean installs of my drivers (to the best of my ability) and running a memtest (I waited for a full eight passes before I stopped it) it still has been cropping up. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

:)

DanJRuss, Jan 14, 2017

2. Windows 10 BSOD at random intervals

Hi BalticUser,

I need more information so that I can identify the cause of the issue. Have you recently made any changes like updates, installed a software, etc... before this issue happened?
    I suggest that you perform a clean boot to disable non-Microsoft services and check if the issue persists. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click here.
    After troubleshooting, refer to How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting found in the same article.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 14, 2017
  3. Windows 10 BSOD at random intervals

Hello,

I keep getting "IRQL not less or equal" and "attempted to write readonly memory" BSODS.

System information and mini dump file can be found here: BSOD – Google Drive

System runs smoothly in safe mode, RAM verification did not return any errors.

Any help is appreciated.

BalticUser, Jan 14, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

You have been doing all the right things! The last BSOD suggests the graphics driver may be causing this but I think you are upto date with the NVidia drivers. It might be that you need to go back to an older driver. My preferred way of doing the graphics drivers is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

philc43, Jan 15, 2017
  5. DanJRuss Win User
    Thank you for the quick reply! I just finished doing a clean install after clearing it out with the Display Driver Uninstaller. Hopefully this does the trick.

DanJRuss, Jan 15, 2017
  6. DanJRuss Win User
    Update: Just experienced a BSOD. Even after doing a clean install of an older driver I still got a System_Service_Exception. It, as it has been doing, starts a cycle of BSODs that only stops if I manually power down the computer and then power it up after a short delay. If needed I can certainly furnish the log but as of right now the mystery continues.

DanJRuss, Jan 17, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    Please fill out your system specs with as much detail as possible so we can explore other possible causes.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recurring BSOD at Odd Intervals - Similar Threads - Recurring BSOD Odd

2. Recurring BSOD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring BSOD's: I have an alienware M17 and i have been facing recurring BSOD's. I have tried reinstalling windows multiple times, dell customer support told me it's not a hardware issue and they were not able to help me. every time i reinstall windows the problem is fixed for a few days,...
  3. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. recurring BSOD

recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  5. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  7. Recurring BSOD

Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  8. Recurring BSOD

9. Recurring BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring BSODs: Not sure if posting in the right subreddit - please advise best place to ask this if not. Now, I've recently changed the motherboard and OS drive of my system, and that meant doing a fresh install of Windows. After the install, I've been getting various BSODs. Examples...
  10. Recurring BSOD

Recurring BSOD: Hello :) I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC as i wanted to start fresh. Everything seem'd fine at first but playing games & have sites open seem to cause BSOD or make my computer freeze entirely. I have not had this problem before and have since turned off fast...