Windows 10: Recurring BSOD Caused by onboard NIC spanning 2 PCs

Discus and support Recurring BSOD Caused by onboard NIC spanning 2 PCs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I was having a lot of blue screens about a year ago with a PC I had built related to the network adapters (wired, onboard adapters). Whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cgroho, Jan 8, 2016.

1. cgroho Win User

Recurring BSOD Caused by onboard NIC spanning 2 PCs

Hello,

I was having a lot of blue screens about a year ago with a PC I had built related to the network adapters (wired, onboard adapters). Whenever I would launch a VPN or I would use VM software which would either use NAT or something similar to establish a network connection in my virtual machines, I would get a blue screen. At the same time on a separate PC I would get blue screens when doing the same thing. Without finding much help on the topic I resigned myself to a completely new build since it had been about 3-4 years since I had built the previous PC.

I built a new PC, and everything was fine for about 6 months. I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and whether I used VPN or VMs, everything was fine. Now I am starting to see the same behavior on my Windows 10 machine (the network adapter I amusing is a wired, onboard Atheros NIC). The other machine in question currently has linux installed and runs my Plex server, so I don't really do anything else with it. The only piece of hardware that is the same from the 2 builds is my power supply.

I have attached the required files for posting BSODs, and previously I had tried attaching my NIC to my internal router and even the main router from FIOS itself without much difference. I can use a VPN now sometimes for a while, it seems very random and honestly very hard to diagnose (which is why I am asking for help from some of the experts here).

I am trying to figure out what could be causing this, and losing a lot of my hair because of it (well, I claim that's why I'm losing my hair anyway). I do not want to buy a new PC and since I upgraded from a MSDN copy of Windows 7 to 10, a clean install will not work for me as I already shelled out for 2 copies of Windows 10 Pro in my house, I am not keen on forking over money for another).

Could this be related to power somehow?
    Should I ask Verizon for another router when no other network devices in my house (I have 2 other windows 10 PCs that don't run VPNs, but nonetheless have no problems)?

Any help is appreciated. I have searched high and low without finding a distinct cause as to why 2 completely separate machines would have the same problem. It's gotta be something that they had in common, right? (why I am asking about power and the router that sits between me and FIOS).

The problem started out like this on my prior machine, only happening infrequently and then became so bad I could not connect via a wired connection at all without a blue screen. The blue screens are 95% related to the network, but some other random ones have happened (which is to be expected I would imagine).

Thank you in advance for anyone able to shed some light on this.

:)

cgroho, Jan 8, 2016

2. Random Mac for Onboard NIC

Hi

Does random mac feature applied to a laptop onboard NIC besides WiFi connection?

Reason I asked is that I already have this feature disabled for WiFi connection and I'm using onboard NIC, however I noticed from my DHCP leases, the mac shown from the connection is always different, it is not showing the physical mac for the onboard NIC.

-Thanks

Garrettteo, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Cannot access my internet

it is an onboard NIC

CallmeNeil, Jan 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please visit ASRock and make sure you update Intel Management Engine Interface drivers.

What VMware version are you using?
    Some VMware drivers need updating for Windows 10 compatibility and 1 is flagged.
    Code: ffffd000`222b0960 fffff801`7d316101Unable to load image vmnetuserif.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vmnetuserif.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vmnetuserif.sys vmnetuserif+0x6101[/quote] Please update your NIC drivers
    Driver Reference Table - L1C62x64.sys
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1C62x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1C62x64.sys 10: kd> lmvm L1C62x64start end module name fffff800`66460000 fffff800`66482000 L1C62x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: L1C62x64.sys Image path: L1C62x64.sys Image name: L1C62x64.sys Timestamp: Tue Jul 16 08:56:44 2013 (51E4EEAC) CheckSum: 0002912C ImageSize: 00022000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please update Wingate
    Code: ffffd000`21e1bf20 fffff801`63ec2e01Unable to load image QbikHkVistaamd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for QbikHkVistaamd64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for QbikHkVistaamd64.sys QbikHkVistaamd64+0x2e01 10: kd> lmvm QbikHkVistaamd64 start end module name fffff800`64ba0000 fffff800`64c11000 QbikHkVistaamd64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: QbikHkVistaamd64.sys Image path: QbikHkVistaamd64.sys Image name: QbikHkVistaamd64.sys Timestamp: Thu Jun 06 01:24:42 2013 (51AFC8BA) CheckSum: 0004A925 ImageSize: 00071000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    All flagged drivers are persistent in the crashes of this year.

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Recurring BSOD Caused by onboard NIC spanning 2 PCs - Similar Threads - Recurring BSOD Caused

2. recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurring BSOD: I keep getting a BSOD when running Plex and streaming from my mounted google drive. here is the mini dump info.. is the googledrive for desktop app causing this issue?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe BSOD recurring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe BSOD recurring: From BlueScreenView:================================================== Dump File : 122522-50578-01.dmp Crash Time : 12/25/2022 8:14:46 PM Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000560 Parameter 2 : 00000000`000000ff...
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe BSOD recurring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe BSOD recurring: From BlueScreenView:================================================== Dump File : 122522-50578-01.dmp Crash Time : 12/25/2022 8:14:46 PM Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000560 Parameter 2 : 00000000`000000ff...
  5. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  6. Recurring BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring BSOD: Hello,I've recently been encountering a common BSOD that has been rather annoying. It occurs fairly regularly, usually once or twice a day.The error it gives is PFN_LIST_CORRUPTSome random information I've seemed to gather:When unplugging ang plugging in USB devices, it will...
  7. Recurring BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring BSODs: Not sure if posting in the right subreddit - please advise best place to ask this if not. Now, I've recently changed the motherboard and OS drive of my system, and that meant doing a fresh install of Windows. After the install, I've been getting various BSODs. Examples...
  8. Recurring BSOD error caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Recurring BSOD error caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hello, Just under a week ago I had a couple of bluescreens caused by ntoskrnl.exe - after some googling, I found out that the likely cause was outdated/bugged drivers, so I updated them, and was bluescreen-free until today, where I got the same bluescreen error again, even...
  9. Recurring BSOD

Recurring BSOD: Hello :) I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC as i wanted to start fresh. Everything seem'd fine at first but playing games & have sites open seem to cause BSOD or make my computer freeze entirely. I have not had this problem before and have since turned off fast...
  10. can server with 2 nic in 1swithch cause infinite loop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can server with 2 nic in 1swithch cause infinite loop: can a server with 2 nic run to 1 switch cause loop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/can-server-with-2-nic-in-1swithch-cause-infinite/ddb6db84-b811-46de-8b4f-725ca2db4d63

Users found this page by searching for:

1. QbikHkVistaamd64.sys