Windows 10: Recurring "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" BSoD's only while watching YouTube

Discus and support Recurring "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" BSoD's only while watching YouTube in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Multiple times per day, my ASUS X555LAB laptop BSOD's while watching YouTube. The picture freezes, the audio freezes and gets caught in some sort of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kumada, Jul 12, 2017.

1. kumada Win User

Recurring "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" BSoD's only while watching YouTube

Multiple times per day, my ASUS X555LAB laptop BSOD's while watching YouTube. The picture freezes, the audio freezes and gets caught in some sort of a loop, and then the BSOD comes up with the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".

I asked on a different forum, and they told me it had to do with my Wireless LAN Driver. I've tried updating it as well as every other driver for my PC, but to no avail. I've done the best I can, and I can't seem to get rid of this issue. Does anyone know what I'm talking about/how to fix it? I am not very good with computers. Thanks.

:)

kumada, Jul 12, 2017

2. My computer restarts when I watch YouTube.

Hello.
    Yes, the first time I encountered this problem.
    The problem came up when I updated Windows 10.

I'm experiencing this problem only when I watch YouTube and another online movie.

It is not a blue screen, my problem is on orange screen.

KrzysztofKobialka, Jul 12, 2017
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Jul 12, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Jul 12, 2017
  5. BSODHunter, Jul 12, 2017
  6. kumada Win User
    kumada, Jul 12, 2017
  7. kumada Win User
    Thanks, I've been trying to do something similar to that, but this issue is with my Wireless Driver (not my ethernet) and I can't seem to find any drivers from before 2016. I'm not sure which drivers from what date I should be installing based on my system and my issue, but I'll try this early 2016 driver until I can find an older/better option.Thanks, I've been trying to do something similar to that, but this issue is with my Wireless Driver (not my ethernet) and I can't find anything before 2016. I'm not sure which drivers from what date I should be installing based on my system and my issue, but I'll try to fix

kumada, Jul 12, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

rtwlane

Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, fffff8031d070348}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys Probably caused by : rtwlane.sys ( rtwlane+30918 )[/quote] rtwlane.sys Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS Driver http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Level=4&Conn=3
    Code: The Network Diagnostics Framework failed to execute the following repair: Repair option: Resetting your wireless network adapterThis will disable and then enable the network adapter "Wi-Fi" on this computer. RepairGuid: {07D37F7B-FA5E-4443-BDA7-AB107B29AFB9}[/quote] Code: The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware failed to execute a TPM command.[/quote] Code: Startup Repair failed.[/quote] Code: Event[122]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2017-05-12T21:01:38.120 Event ID: 7045 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: AndrewLaptop Description: A service was installed in the system.Service Name: Realtek Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E Network AdapterService File Name: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rtwlane.sysService Type: kernel mode driverService Start Type: demand startService Account:[/quote]

Code: RTWlanE Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 2,756,608 0 2/26/2016 3:14:23 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rtwlane.sys 8,192[/quote]

All of the debugging of the mini.dmp files were consistent indicating the misbehaving driver: rtwlane.sys

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) See this link for updating driver RTWLANE.SYS with Asus notebook computers: BSOD, everytime i watch videos on youtube, DPC watchdog violation - Windows 10 Forums
    REALTEK RTWLANE.SYS
    Realtek

zbook, Jul 12, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    Hello Kumada,

The link @BSODHunter provided was to one of my posts in which I showed a method to fix the problem in another thread. As I explained in the post the screenshots were for a different network adaptor (an Ethernet one) but the principle of how to make the change and select the older driver is the same. You just need to do the same on your wireless network adaptor entry in device manager. The 2016 driver will probably work fine. Do let us know.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recurring "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" BSoD's only while watching YouTube - Similar Threads - Recurring DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSoD's

2. Recurring BSODs when attempting to watch Youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring BSODs when attempting to watch Youtube videos: Hello all, Over the last few days I have started to encounter a few BSODs, with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, although this is not the only error. On the first occasion I paid little attention to the error and any potential causes, assuming it to be a one-off, though it...
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube: I have been experiencing many BSODs while browsing Youtube videos. They are all of the DPC Watchdog Violation variety. I have searched through this site previously as I know there are many people experiencing the same problem but I felt it would be easier if I provided with...
  4. BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation: I keep getting a BSOD every time I try to watch Youtube videos. It is always a DPC Watchdog Violation. I recently updated to a new windows version after having issues after doing a reset. Windows 10 i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620 92670
  5. BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation: For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD while watching youtube videos. I've been updating some drivers to try and fix the problem but it's not working. As far as I know, there hasn't been a recent windows 10 update that caused this, it just started happening. 87995
  6. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: Hello. Had some BSOD while watching YouTube. And sometimes I go to sleep while watching videos and by the morning I notice the PC had reset. Cannot say if BSOD or an unexpected update, but most likely BSOD. Actually, my no-break's battery has run out of juice, so short...
  7. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  8. BSOD when watching YouTube (dpc_watchdog_violation)

BSOD when watching YouTube (dpc_watchdog_violation): Hi, today I had 3 BSOD on my Windows 10. It happens only when watching youtube videos. It never happened before. Here are the dumps 072017-16328-01.dmp - Google Drive 072017-14812-01.dmp - Google Drive 072017-14312-01.dmp - Google Drive 89392
  9. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst watching YouTube videos

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst watching YouTube videos: Morning y'all, This is a relatively newer laptop that I'm using mainly for work and convenience reasons rather than my normal rig and have been happy with it thus far, however I've noticed a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error only when attempting to view videos in YouTube....
  10. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...