Windows 10: Recurring Update Problems - HDMI Audio & Start Menu

Discus and support Recurring Update Problems - HDMI Audio & Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; These issues have happened with each update and seem pretty significant that I'm worried it isn't being addressed. I'm not sure if it is AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BLToaster, Jun 5, 2015.

1. BLToaster Win User

Recurring Update Problems - HDMI Audio & Start Menu

These issues have happened with each update and seem pretty significant that I'm worried it isn't being addressed.

I'm not sure if it is AMD exclusive or not but whenever I update my Win10 build (this time to 10130) the audio to my monitor speakers (via HDMI connection) is always lost. In order to restore it I have to completely uninstall my graphics card (AMD R9 280X) driver, Catalyst Omega, and re-install it. Perhaps it's just because AMD hasn't released an official Win10 compatible build but I believe it was said the Win8/8.1 drivers are compatible.

The other problem is with the Start menu tiles and apps. My tile format is lost pretty much completely after each update. Also, my tiles are randomly shifted from their proper place whenever I wake up the PC from hibernation. It seems they have worked on the problem of apps & programs not launching when clicked on but it still does not seem extremely responsive.

If anyone has any insight to these problems I'd love to hear it.

:)

BLToaster, Jun 5, 2015

2. Audio, Cortana, and Star Menu not working (windows 10)

I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. It is saying that

Digital Audio(HDMI)

High Definition Audio Device

Not Plugged in

It was working fine before I updated.

While it worked fine just after being upgraded, Cortana and Start Menu are not responding anymore.

AnamFatima, Jun 5, 2015
  3. No sound from hdmi output windows 10

If you Intel and Windows 10 says: "HDMI Audio Device "Not Plugged In"" (I have no problem on AMD with Windows 10 drivers updates), I have the
    solution found in 2 days hunting on internets with no sleep and it work for me, the problem is "Intel(R) Display Audio drivers" has to be updates and I found this from:

Driver for Intel(R) Display Audio

Original file:
    devid-driver-206076.7z
    (1.43 Mb)

This the link:

http://devid.info/p614589/Intel(R)+Display+Audio

goto "Speaker icon" (right bottom) on taskbar and right click "Playback Devices" point to "HDMI Audio Device "Not Plugged In"
    (this from Microsoft drivers updates and no hdmi sound) right click "Properties menu" and click "Properties button" and click "Driver tab" click "Update Driver" point to folder your extracted files above.

....sound appear in "my changhong smart tv" I plugged on HDMI-2 slot....

"HDMI Audio Device "Not Plugged In"" now automatically changed by "Intel(R) Display Audio HDMI 2 "Ready"

I hope this help, thank you for all contribs.

(I am "Microsoft Forever Fans Club" since IBM DOS (R) replaced by MS DOS (R) on PC XT 8088 Technology)

dendysaleh, Jun 5, 2015
Thema:

Recurring Update Problems - HDMI Audio & Start Menu

1. Recurring Update Problems - HDMI Audio & Start Menu - Similar Threads - Recurring Update Problems

2. Problem with HDMI audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with HDMI audio: So when I closed the lid the video shows on the TV that is connected by HDMI, but, Windows stops detecting the TV as an audio device and transferís the audio to the laptop speakers....
  3. Problem with HDMI audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with HDMI audio: So when I closed the lid the video shows on the TV that is connected by HDMI, but, Windows stops detecting the TV as an audio device and transferís the audio to the laptop speakers....
  4. Problem with Start menue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Start menue.: Probably after an update, when I want to shut down I get a Critical Error message that the Start Menu does not work. I have to push the Power button to shut down.It says it will be fixed the next time I sign on, but it does not. 3 days now it is still not working.I welcome...
  5. Recurring loss of HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recurring loss of HDMI: I am dealing with a ASUS p2540ua laptop with intel graphics 620. 2-3 times a year HDMI video out breaks. Last time the computer was working fine Tuesday. Update came through wed. unable to display videos for meeting Thursday. I failed to record what "critical" update...
  6. Classic Start Menu Update Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Start Menu Update Problem: Recent V 10 Update completed 8/1/19 successfully, but on logon first time, message appeared that the Classic Start Menu needed update and needs Administrator Authorization. My logon is stated as the Administrator and where do I go to authorize the credentials to allow the...
  7. Audio problem over HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problem over HDMI: Hi to everyone! I have this problem in last few month from a day when i install Win10 pro x64 (1511). I did not have this problem when i had Win7. When i want to watch on TV Panasonic ST50 i have problem with audio. Somehow Win10 always mess up drivers for audio after...
  8. Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Problems: [img] Hi there. Recently I've had this problem with the start menu not being able to display any of the folders on the left hand side in Windows 10 Pro. In the settings application, the above image is what shows when I try to enable it. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced, ....
  9. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem: Yesterday when i try to arrange icons in start menu i saw the problem ,i can not move any of icon in start menu, the icon disappear and i am not able to do anything until i restart windows explorer,but when i try rearrange again this bug occur again...Is there any solution?...
  10. Start menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problems: [img] Anyone know how to fix this start menu? 76067