Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.

Discus and support Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi everyone - I deal with complex issues, but this is ridiculous! W10 Pro... Have Auto Arrange Icons and Align Icons To Grid checked in View. I like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Hi everyone -

I deal with complex issues, but this is ridiculous! W10 Pro...

Have Auto Arrange Icons and Align Icons To Grid checked in View.
    I like my Recycle Bin in the lower left hand corner of the screen.

However, it moves up four places on the left every time I log off or restart. Kind of annoying. Any ideas?

Thanks! *Confused

P.S. A simple "refresh" of the desktop does not change it's position.

:)

Compumind, Jun 11, 2018
  2. ipellant Win User

Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Trixie Mop Win User
    Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.

Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop. - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin Icon

1. Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at blank screen with only Recycle Bin & Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at blank screen with only Recycle Bin & Taskbar: [ATTACH] Windows 10 1803 Update has its own bad luck. It has caused issues on a lot of Windows 10 PC to a measure which we haven’t seen before. One such issue is about keyboard layout, a blank screen with just [...] This post Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at blank screen with...
  2. Disk Cleanup Not Cleaning Ext. HDD Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup Not Cleaning Ext. HDD Recycle Bin: I ran disk cleanup and selected my external hdd and selected the recycle bin. After 10 minutes disk cleanup closed. But, the Recycle bin still has the files in it. I manually cleaned the recycle bin and it took 2 minutes. Am I missing something with Disk Cleanup?? James...
  3. Explorer Issues re: Content Counts & Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Issues re: Content Counts & Recycle Bin: Greetings, I've noticed two somethings in Windows 10 for ages. I'm wondering if it's normal and the way things are. I'm using the latest of everything but no betas. FOLDER CONTENTS COUNT WRONG Suppose I want to know how many items are in the Documents folder. Or how much...
  4. Changed recycle bin icons but empty / full doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed recycle bin icons but empty / full doesn't work: I liked the recycle bin icons used in Windows 8 better than Windows 10, so I changed them successfully to the Win 8 version. But, the new icons do not change to reflect full / empty even though both have been changed. The standard Win 10 recycle bin icons do work okay when I...
  5. Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar?: Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar? I read garbage like this and wonder "How much do people really know how to use Windows?" I have been placing my Recycle Bin on my taskbar since Windows 7. All you have to do is, right click the...
  6. How to change the stock icon for the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the stock icon for the Recycle Bin: Hi everybody. Just upgraded to the newest Windows-10, and it all replaced my favorite "Recycle Bin" with the usual Microsoft icon. I've also lost how to replace that icon with the one I want. Can someone help? Thanks jPaul 105424
  7. Recycle bin causes taskbar icons to refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin causes taskbar icons to refresh: Hi. Whenever I empty the recycle bin or move a file there while it's empty, the taskbar icons refreshes. If I move a file to the recycle bin while it's NOT empty or skip it entirely by shift-deleting a file, this does not happen. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fix...
Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop. solved