Windows 10: Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.

Discus and support Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone - I deal with complex issues, but this is ridiculous! W10 Pro... Have Auto Arrange Icons and Align Icons To Grid checked in View. I like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.

Hi everyone -

I deal with complex issues, but this is ridiculous! W10 Pro...

Have Auto Arrange Icons and Align Icons To Grid checked in View.
    I like my Recycle Bin in the lower left hand corner of the screen.

However, it moves up four places on the left every time I log off or restart. Kind of annoying. Any ideas?

Thanks! *Confused

P.S. A simple "refresh" of the desktop does not change it's position.

:)

Compumind, Jun 11, 2018
  2. ipellant Win User

Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.

1. Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop. - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin Icon

2. Desktop icons in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in recycle bin: Hi guys, Having a small problem where i go to start my laptop in the morning after using it the night before and for some reason alot of my desktop icons have been sent to my recycle bin? So every morning i have to restore them all... it`s a bit annoying. I have Sync turned...
  3. Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar?: Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar? I want a completely empty desktop but can find a way to move the recycle bin to the taskbar or remove it completely. is this possible? submitted by /u/Dyl2013 [link] [comments]...
  4. RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP: HOW DO I ADD RECYCLE BIN TO MY DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-not-on-desktop/1bc67ee1-8862-48e4-b71a-e4c1de4a4640
  5. Recycle Bin Icon

Recycle Bin Icon: Windows 10 doesn't show the Recycle Bin Icon. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon/94dea936-1ae4-428f-ab92-ae499eb5a093
  6. Recycle Bin on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin on desktop: I can't access this folder on my desktop icon to see what is in it, please can you help me? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-on-desktop/22ccbdea-d6b5-4416-b4ee-4fb418c0652e"
  7. Recycle Bin Icon

Recycle Bin Icon: I don't have a recycle bin icon on this laptop. How do I get one? I'd like to empty it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon/70730411-9560-4ffb-9bc6-60b85efdee2a
  8. Windows 10 desktop icons won't stay put

Windows 10 desktop icons won't stay put: How do I get my desktop icons to stay put in Windows 10. Yes, I have already tried the usual fixes for this issue so please don't suggest to "Refresh", etc. I am on my third surface book, my other two did not have this issue. Thanks for any help you can give....
  9. Desktop Icons won't stay put...

Desktop Icons won't stay put...: Good day, everyone. I'm having a very unique issue, at least, to me, with my Windows 10 machine. I have Win 10 Pro and my desktop will flash for a split second and all my icons will have moved to wherever they wish to be. I spend more time re-organizing my desktop than I do...
  10. Desktop Icons won't stay where I put them

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons won't stay where I put them: I like to position all my desktop icons in a custom order, but since I took my PC into the Geeks to remove a suspected virus, my desktop icons keep returning to default positions upon restart or refresh. I've experimented with unchecking grid and align options, and even...