Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.

Discus and support Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone - I deal with complex issues, but this is ridiculous! W10 Pro... Have Auto Arrange Icons and Align Icons To Grid checked in View. I like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Hi everyone -

I deal with complex issues, but this is ridiculous! W10 Pro...

Have Auto Arrange Icons and Align Icons To Grid checked in View.
    I like my Recycle Bin in the lower left hand corner of the screen.

However, it moves up four places on the left every time I log off or restart. Kind of annoying. Any ideas?

Thanks! *Confused

P.S. A simple "refresh" of the desktop does not change it's position.

:)

Compumind, Jun 11, 2018
  2. ipellant Win User

Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Trixie Mop Win User
    Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop. - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin Icon

2. Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again: Hi, Recently one of my friends called me and said that his desktop computer went black screen, then shut off and won't turn back on again. He gave me a camera view of the back of it and the power source light was still on, but again, he couldn't turn the physical PC on...
  3. Hp pavilion won't access windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp pavilion won't access windows 10: Hello i need help my hp Pavilion which cost me a lot of money and i just got it a little over a month ago is telling me that it cant access windows 10 and i have no idea how to fix it and everything ive tried hasnt worked is there any way to contact an employee that can walk...
  4. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  5. Window 10 (activate window) After the activation of the icon appears on the display.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 (activate window) After the activation of the icon appears on the display.: Activate window 10 Is it not a problem to show all this while windows are?active This problem is with me or you are with all people. I update 3-4 times a month. but this problem persists continuously, only if there is the latest update [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 update won't restart

Windows 10 update won't restart: Windows 10 update now will not boot, recovery does not allow keyboard layout selection, USB keyboard now disabled Exact same results - 2 identical desktops...
  7. Unable to connect to Remote Desktop in Windows 10

Unable to connect to Remote Desktop in Windows 10: Tried to log in using the Remote Desktop and it says it is configuring the remote session and then just disappears. . I've never seen this behavior before and I was stumped . however I was able to login with the same credentials on a different machine. Could this be due to...
  8. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...
  9. Adb drivers just won't work..

Adb drivers just won't work..: so i installed adb drivers normally but adb drivers just won't work.. i wanted to unlock my boot loader of redmi note 5 pro but it doesn't detect my phone.. mi apps like "mi flash" "mi unlock" " mi pc suite" just won't recognize my phone.. i tried some commands from cmd but...
  10. Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10

Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10: How do I restore my Bluetooth Icon? Recently had an update that "could not be completed" and ever since then, my Bluetooth icon seemed to have disappeared. I went into Devices & Printers and the settings for Bluetooth are not displayed. What do I need to do the get...