Windows 10: Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin

Discus and support Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My recycle bin is corrupted and I followed all solutions online and non of them worked. The annoying message I get every time is "The Recycle Bin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FaisalAlenezi, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin

Hi,

My recycle bin is corrupted and I followed all solutions online and non of them worked. The annoying message I get every time is "The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the recycle bin for this drive?"

I know that this tells me the problem is in C:\ drive and I should run CMD as administrator and write down this command:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

However, I simply get "access denied" for the three files that are causing the problem. I tried to unhide system protected files and locate these files and found them but I cannot delete them. It tells me I need permission to delete them.

How can I fix this problem.

And please, I'm not very good in computer. Detailed instructions are preferred.

:)

FaisalAlenezi, Aug 7, 2018
  2. AJWtechit Win User

Recycle Bin - Deleting an item returning 'Folder Access Denied'

Hi,

I am trying to delete a file from one of my user's PC's and I keep getting the below message returned:

Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin [​IMG]

I have referenced this thread already -> Recycle Bin Corrupted - Cannot Delete File or Folder

Method 1 returns no results - when I actually navigate to c:\$recycle.bin it shows as empty, and there are no other drives I cannot locate the file in (show hidden files is selected)
    Method 2 - I cannot see the hidden $recycle.bin folder in the C drive with hidden files ticked on.

What I have tried:
    - I have tried running the recycle bin as an administrator
    - Tried running cmd as admin to clear the recycle bin
    - Tried running CCleaner to clear the recycle bin
    - Tried restoring the file in question (won't restore)

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thankyou!

AJWtechit, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Recycle bin corrupted

Im trying to reset my recycle bin because its corrupted in the c drive but when i follow the steps to restart it using the command prompt (even in administrator) it says access denied. Please help.

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HannahGriffith, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin

Recycle Bin Corruption after Virus Removal

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking time to post in our Microsoft Community.

If your Recycle Bin is corrupted, you can face various problems when using it.
    The Recycle Bin may not show the files that you may have been deleted from your File Explorer, or you may be unable to delete the files in the Recycle Bin – or even empty the Recycle Bin completely. At times you may even receive an Access Denied or a
    Corrupt Recycle Bin error message.

Follow the below steps to start troubleshooting this:

• Press Windows key + X, in the program list select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the Command Prompt, type the following line, and then press ENTER:
      rd /s c:\$recycle.bin
    • When prompted to confirm the deletion, type Y, and press
      Enter
      to confirm.
    • Close the command prompt window and restart the computer.

Note: The message "The directory is not empty" may display in the command window. Ignore this message as it is related to the creation of a new directory. The files are removed.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

JericDale Ort, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin

1. Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin Corrupted

2. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  3. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  4. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recycle bin corrupted

Recycle bin corrupted: Hello,I got an error message that my recycle bin on my D drive is corrupted.i tried to use cmd to delete the recycle bin folder but it says "the system cannot find the path specified." I also tried sfc /scannow but it didnt find anything....
  6. Recycle bin is corrupted

Recycle bin is corrupted: When I turn on my laptop it goes to a blue screen with the date and time. When I push “enter” it gives me the message:“Recycle bin is corrupted. Do you want to empty…? But I can’t click “yes” or “no” nothing happens. After 15 seconds or so it goes back to the blue screen. I...
  7. Recycle bin corrupted

Recycle bin corrupted: Hello I recently upgraded to an SSD and in the process of doing so I accidentally disabled my old hard drive in the BIOS. I was able to figure out the permissions and stuff to allow me access again but I got a few error messages saying that certain folders/files couldn't be...
  8. corrupted recycle bin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupted recycle bin: response to rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin is access denied. How do I delete recycle bin to fix corrupt problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-recycle/4388b107-bb28-413d-8578-6defd768932b
  9. Corrupted D drive recycle bin and access denied to $Recycle.bin

Corrupted D drive recycle bin and access denied to $Recycle.bin: hello so after i cleaned up files from my C drive and (i think i removed programs via control panel off the D drive), but anyways, this error pops up and then makes a steam error pop up reading something along the lines of steam unable to write to the D Drive (where my...
  10. Recycle bin is corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin is corrupted: I tried the method of rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin in cmd prompt but this is what happens: C:\WINDOWS\system32>rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.binC:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~1\$R932BU1\3DMGAM~1.CRA\2016年全 部热门单机游戏及汉化下载.url - Access is denied....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recycle bin is corrupted and cmd propmt says priviles denied