Windows 10: Recycle Bin issues

Discus and support Recycle Bin issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On my Desktop I have a shortcut folder entitled "$Recycle.bin - Shortcut". When I double-click I am told the file is empty (no files listed), yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bruce1943, Apr 8, 2016.

1. bruce1943 Win User

Recycle Bin issues

On my Desktop I have a shortcut folder entitled "$Recycle.bin - Shortcut". When I double-click I am told the file is empty (no files listed), yet properties show many GB's in the file. I have undertaken a command prompt to rectify this - the folder was then emptied according to properties. Properties showed a kB in folder. I deleted a test file and properties showed an increase in kB's but there were no files listed. How can I rectify this?

:)

bruce1943, Apr 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 corrupted Recycle bin

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with recycle bin on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

1. What is the current status of the issue?

2. Are you able to resolve the issue related to recycle bin when you corrected the driver settings?

3. Were you facing issues clearing up the recycle bin?

Normally, when you right click on recycle bin and click on Empty Recycle Bin. Then recycle bin will be emptied and all the deleted items will be completely removed from the Computer.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 8, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    deleted file?

Hi SwithinSaji, can you explain this issue in a bit more detail . . .

If you delete a file, normally it goes to the recycle bin and when you empty the recycle bin, it is gone . . .

Alternatively, you can press shift while deleting a file and it will bypass the recycle bin

DaveM121, Apr 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Recycle Bin issues

Hi, Perhaps you have created a shortcut to one of the particular recycle bins on one of your disks or partitions, after deleting it. So delete the shortcut and follow the relevant part of this:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...1-73963e8e1bac

If that doesn't solve your problem:

If you read on in this there are some suggested repairs which may help:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/136517

And this may help:
    $Recycle.Bin - Windows 7 Help Forums

This may explain the name you are seeing:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-bb6bb4883672

However it may be that you have a really bad trojan if you believe this:
    How to Remove $Recycle.Bin Virus (Win 8, Win 7)

dalchina, Apr 8, 2016
  5. bruce1943 Win User
    I followed the 1st reply in your message, but this did not help. I continued searching elsewhere and came across where 'Recycled' should be. I was able to resurrect the Recycle Bin folder but it showed as being empty when it was not. In properties I came across the shaded checked Hide box/word. I managed to uncheck this and now I have everything back to normal. Thanks for your help. Bruce

bruce1943, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Recycle Bin issues

1. Recycle Bin issues - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin issues

2. Recycle Bin Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Issues: I'm not sure exactly when it started happening, but now my computer appears to be emptying my recycle bin whenever I shut down. I am beyond frustrated, because sometimes I find I need to see something I deleted a couple days prior. I have checked the settings and they all...
  3. Recycle bin Issue ?

Recycle bin Issue ?: Last month I looked at my recycle bin and it has over 7,000 files in it. Each time I went to empty the bin it would crash and leave all the files so I had to go through individually and delete the files. But now it seems that files keep popping back up in the recycle bin even...
  4. Recycle Bin and Update issues

Recycle Bin and Update issues: First, when I delete something it is not going into the recycle bin but being completely deleted. Sometimes I have a choice as to whether to delete it or send it to the bin and then there is no problem, other times these is no choice. This has only started happening recently...
  5. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  6. win10 recycle bin issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 recycle bin issue: I can't open the recycle bin properties because when I right-click, it just keeps doing the loading thing, then blank screen then my desktop icons refresh, desktop icons all there, for example, doesn't end up opening the properties dropdown when i right click on recycle bin.....
  7. Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  8. recycle bin

recycle bin: My recycle bin is gone I have tried going to personalization still no recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/d0b32fab-3259-4323-92e9-b49ecdd6f9f5
  9. Recycle bin

Recycle bin: My recycle bin has gone form the desktop. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/1ecc9392-6e4d-452d-90f8-be9108c77f6e
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635