Windows 10: red screen crash while playing xcom 2

Discus and support red screen crash while playing xcom 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been trying to play xcom 2 for the past week and every time during the first 10-30 minutes the game crashes along with the pc and I get a red... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shady, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Shady Win User

red screen crash while playing xcom 2

I have been trying to play xcom 2 for the past week and every time during the first 10-30 minutes the game crashes along with the pc and I get a red screen with no text. I have to manually turn off my computer and my pc creates a dump file. This has happened every time except twice when I was able to play the game for over 2 hours straight. My pc was playing games fine, it's just xcom 2 right now. I uploaded my dump files, they are all from when my pc crashed from playing xcom 2 and the first three were red screen crashes the last one was a bsod. I am going to lost everything I have done and checked so far.
    -I have turned off just about all of the extra graphical settings there are in the options menu, I even lowered the settings of the game even though my ps specs can handle the game on max settings.
    -I tried to validate game files through steam.
    -I tried to play in windowed mode and turned off antivirus
    -I ran memtest86 (the newest version) for several hours with zero errors and 7 passes.
    -I ran stress tests on my cpu and gpu, again no problems there, and if my power supply was able to support my gpu through furmark that means it should isn't faulty correct?
    -I ran driver verifier for several hours, no crash.
    -I am pretty sure all of my drivers are up to date, should I download driver booster or another software to check that?

Have you heard of these red screen crashes from other people and xcom 2 since it is a new game and it could just have problems? Also windows 10 might be to blame, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Do my dump files say what is causing the crashes?

:)

Shady, Feb 10, 2016
  2. AEDGraphx Win User
    AEDGraphx, Feb 10, 2016
  3. PC crashing during certain games

When playing certain games on my pc it will crash to flash blue screen then nothing computer still on but black screen.

It does it some times with The Witcher 3 and a new game called prominence poker crashes it every time, will work for a few minutes then crash.

I've looked in the events log and lots of event 41 kernel power, I have looked on internet trying to find some info without much clear success.

Other games run fine like Xcom 2 , Dark souls 3 and many more.

I'm running windows 10

i5-46905k cpu

16 gig ram

2x AMD R9 290 ( I have tried with crossfire mode on and off

any thoughts would be appreciated

Freakyfelon., Feb 10, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

red screen crash while playing xcom 2 [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. Shady Win User
    I ran memtest86 with several passes and zero errors, do the dump files say anything about memory causing the crash? A lot of people have reported that xcom 2 is causing memory leaks.

Shady, Feb 11, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    3 out of 4 are memory crashes (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE)
    The 4th is
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Note that there is a big difference with MemTest86 and MemTest86+.
    According to your description it was 7 passes, however I request 8 complete passes.

7. Shady Win User
    Note that there is a big difference with MemTest86 and MemTest86+.
    According to your description it was 7 passes, however I request 8 complete passes.[/quote] I ran memtest86+ (the link you provided) and got 10 passes with 0 errors.
    Since the dump files are saying memory is the what caused the crash would could this mean since my ram seems to be working?
    Could it be refering to the vram on the graphics card?
    Is there a way to monitor my ram usage when playing xcom 2 just in case the game is causing a memory leak?Attachment 64141

Shady, Feb 13, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

memory corruption could mean a few kinds of corruption
    • vram,
    • ram,
    • drivers

I believe that is possible with the sysinternals tools which are standalone programs (no installation required)
    I have however no experience with them, because I don't use them, but planning to trying them soon.
    Sysinternals Suite

9. Shady Win User
    updating the motherboard bios is what fixed the issue.

Shady, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. red screen crash while playing xcom 2 - Similar Threads - red screen crash

2. Blue screen Crash while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen Crash while playing games: So this is a recurring critical event im seeing - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  3. Blue screen Crash while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen Crash while playing games: So this is a recurring critical event im seeing - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  4. Blue screen Crash while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Crash Blue Screen while playing Legion TD 2 / Phasmophobia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crash Blue Screen while playing Legion TD 2 / Phasmophobia: Lately i have crashes in games that i do not understand at all why they are happening, i have tried to have all my drivers up to date, even the BIOS and it happens to me with random games... And its not even constat, it happens suddenly. If anyone can give me a hand to find...
  6. Crash Blue Screen while playing Legion TD 2 / Phasmophobia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash Blue Screen while playing Legion TD 2 / Phasmophobia: Lately i have crashes in games that i do not understand at all why they are happening, i have tried to have all my drivers up to date, even the BIOS and it happens to me with random games... And its not even constat, it happens suddenly. If anyone can give me a hand to find...
  7. Crash Blue Screen while playing Legion TD 2 / Phasmophobia

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Black screen crash while playing games

Black screen crash while playing games: Hello. My computer has had this problem recently while playing a game, my computer would black screen and make it so I would have to restart my computer. I've tried to fix this problem because I've had it before, but nothing I've tried has worked....
  9. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSoD while playing XCOM

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSoD while playing XCOM: I can't seem to catch a break. I have tried numerous solutions and it's getting to the point where I feel like my lack of understanding is leading me to potentially making a mistake that might cost me more than it helps in the long run. The nvlddmkm.sys file has a lot to do...
  10. BSOD whilst playing XCOM 2

BSOD whilst playing XCOM 2: Hello all, Started getting random BSOD during XCOM 2, been absolutely fine up until now. No other BSODs during other activities. From looking at BlueScreenViewer it points to both cng.sys and ntsokernel.exe. The actual BSOD is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xcom 2 crashes on play