Windows 10: Red typo lines when no typos

Discus and support Red typo lines when no typos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am experiencing the red typo lines when there are no typos. This happens on occasion when I'm typing emails and posting or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NYCDweller, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Red typo lines when no typos

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing the red typo lines when there are no typos. This happens on occasion when I'm typing emails and posting or responding to forums. It seems to occur when there is an actually typo and I correct the error. After that the entire post/email from that point on will have the red typo lines.

For example it is happening now... I'll try to post a pic for a better understanding.

Has anyone experience this as well and most importantly does anyone know of a solutions to this?

My unit is new and I have yet to DL Office 365 so I don't have Word. Not sure if that will matter.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

:)

NYCDweller, Mar 30, 2016
  2. uarnold Win User

Nokia 2330 classic: display becomes always black after a few seconds

Hello,

thanks for the anwser. Yes the screens comes back when pressing the red button. However I did not find any possibility in the settings. And sorry, I just saw the typo in the subject line: It is a 2730 classic.

Any further ideas?

Thanks and regards

Ulrich

uarnold, Mar 30, 2016
  3. C7-00 Symbian anna updating query

sorry for the typo. 1st line, i want to upgrade, not upload...

subhadeep_c7, Mar 30, 2016
  4. Red typo lines when no typos

Thanks for the quick response. I should have mentioned this in the original post.

The language and setting is correct since it is set for US English.

The red typo markers don't happen all the time. Percentage wise I would have to say 50/50 which is more than enough to raise concerns.

NYCDweller, Mar 30, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    The next time it happens can you do a screen capture and post the image here?

Ztruker, Mar 31, 2016
  6. I just got off with MS support (live chat). They were able to see the red typo lines that I was referring to. It is determined that this may be a Microsoft Edge glitch. Hopefully, that is the case.

I did not experience the red typo lines when I was trying to trouble shoot with Internet Explorer. However, this only happens 50% of the time so it is hard to say. I'll post an image once I problem occurs again.

NYCDweller, Mar 31, 2016
  7. I use Edge and the only time I have had a red line under the text or sentence is when I have done a typo

hTconeM9user, Mar 31, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Red typo lines when no typos

If it does not happen to IE but to Edge, then it is highly likely a MS Edge glitch.
    1% is unacceptable, never mind 50 %.

Hopefully, that MS Support will relay the alleged glitch back to the programmers.

davidhk, Mar 31, 2016
  9. I looked into this so I can narrow down the trouble shoot. Seems like the issue I have is not an isolated incident -

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-55db99e657ff

Seems like a known issue for Microsoft...

NYCDweller, Apr 1, 2016
  10. The tech support said they will relay the message. Whether that happened or if the tech went to lunch is unknown : )

I pasted a link in my reply above. It seems like it does happen to IE as well. I never had this happen for the many years I've used IE.

Let's hope a fix is around the corner. Just happy to know it's a browser issue and not Windows 10 OS

NYCDweller, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Red typo lines when no typos

1. Red typo lines when no typos - Similar Threads - Red typo lines

2. Typo in encryption certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typo in encryption certificate: Hi all,When I entered the certificate dates when encrypting a folder I typed the wrong year in the to date. I have certmgr open right now and the Cert Details General tab show it is valid from 1/7/2022 to 12/14/2021, so it was expired from the get go. I'm trying to decrypt...
  3. Typo in encryption certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typo in encryption certificate: Hi all,When I entered the certificate dates when encrypting a folder I typed the wrong year in the to date. I have certmgr open right now and the Cert Details General tab show it is valid from 1/7/2022 to 12/14/2021, so it was expired from the get go. I'm trying to decrypt...
  4. Typo in encryption certificate

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Typo on set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typo on set up: I typed an incorrect email address, one that is not ours, into the set up of a new gaming PC for my son. Now it wants to verify, but it is impossible because we do not have access to that email address.Please help. I cannot find any other option on start-up but this email...
  6. Typo on set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typo on set up: I typed an incorrect email address, one that is not ours, into the set up of a new gaming PC for my son. Now it wants to verify, but it is impossible because we do not have access to that email address.Please help. I cannot find any other option on start-up but this email...
  7. Automatically correct typos

Automatically correct typos: Is there a way to automatically correct typos, such as teh, THAnks, etc.. without having to manually go back through them? Just input that if I type "teh" to autocorrect to "the", for example. Thanks...
  8. Account typo

Account typo: When I first built my pc and was setting up a Microsoft account I made a typo in my email address. Now that I cant verify it, it will not let me change my correct email to the primary email....
  9. email typo

email typo: When registering my Microsoft user account for windows 10, I made a typo in my email address and can't validate the address. How can I fix the typo in the address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-typo/095678c7-6455-45af-a979-2cb5d6436bfe
  10. typo in email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    typo in email: During Initial setup of Windows 10, I apparently have a typo in my email address for administrator. I typed @gmial instead of gmail. How do I fix it? It keeps saying it is sending a verification code but I can't get it because the email doesn't exist....