Windows 10: Redirecting location of libraries

Discus and support Redirecting location of libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed my SS, put OS on it. Now I need my HDD to contain the libraries: pictures, documents, videos etc... I need a tutorial on that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CapFlam128, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Redirecting location of libraries

I installed my SS, put OS on it.
    Now I need my HDD to contain the libraries: pictures, documents, videos etc...

I need a tutorial on that.

:)

CapFlam128, Jul 29, 2017

2. I want to move my libraries to another partition

Moving Documents, Pictures, etc. is done via the Location tab in the Folder's Properties dialog. Not sure if Libraries automatically follow this redirection or if you would need to update via Manage Library in the Ribbon or the Library's Properties dialog.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Jul 29, 2017
  3. Windows 10 OneDrive

Hello Everyone,

My new windows 10 pc has onedrive installed, and has redirected my pictures and documents library to the folder on onedrive. I wish to redirect the library location to a folder on another drive, but I get an "access denied" message every time I try to do
    so. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Aditya Sundaram, Jul 29, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member
  5. It worked. I did not at first created folders. So everything ended in the same root folder, it got messed up. I just restore the backup of last nite, and redid it with creating folders.*Smile

CapFlam128, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Redirecting location of libraries

1. Redirecting location of libraries - Similar Threads - Redirecting location libraries

2. that is "remove location from library"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    that is "remove location from library": that is "remove location from library" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/that-is-remove-location-from-library/aa84acea-269d-45c1-b0c1-5288ebcc96d1
  3. that is "remove location from library"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    that is "remove location from library": that is "remove location from library" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/that-is-remove-location-from-library/aa84acea-269d-45c1-b0c1-5288ebcc96d1
  4. Why does the Library Move Location feature not create a junction or anything that redirects?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does the Library Move Location feature not create a junction or anything that redirects?: You cannot rely on the integrity of your file system when using the Move Location feature in Windows for any of your Libraries, as any program that has hard coded a location will not be redirected to the new location. For example, moving the Documents Library to...
  5. No Download location available for JW Library

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Download location available for JW Library: In my Lenovo laptop Model E-45 after Windows update it shows "No Download Location Available." Please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-download-location-available-for-jw-library/731a8c09-eb51-4216-9986-e7b5effd5618
  6. redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location: so i changed my 3D objects quick access shortcut location to a new folder name Program setups. the quick access shortcut does bring me to the program setups folder, but its still named 3D objects. i can't rename the shortcut either. does anyone have an idea how i can fix...
  7. Adding network locations to Windows Libraries

Adding network locations to Windows Libraries: I have a client who wants me to set this up but I cannot find a way to make it work; He's replaced the machine where the data is stored, and has a new user profile; I mention that because he DID have libraries setup on the old user profile to the old machine that included...
  8. Default Library location

Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  9. Changing library location changes all other libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing library location changes all other libraries: My downloads, documents, videos, desktop library folders are labeled as Documents and when I change one of the locations they all change. 53948
  10. Setting default locations for libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default locations for libraries: Hi, I have 3 drives total, and have tried to set the default locations of all the libraries (documents, pictures etc) to a drive that is not the OS one. These are my drives: [img] I want the libraries on (G:) instead of (C:). [img] I went onto...