Windows 10: Reduced Laptop Performance due to energy efficiency issues

Discus and support Reduced Laptop Performance due to energy efficiency issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a DV6 Hp Pavillion laptop, which was working perfectly up until a few days back. Even though it is a little old, because of my 8GB RAM , 2Gb ATI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by utsav92, Oct 4, 2016.

1. utsav92 Win User

Reduced Laptop Performance due to energy efficiency issues

I have a DV6 Hp Pavillion laptop, which was working perfectly up until a few days back. Even though it is a little old, because of my 8GB RAM , 2Gb ATI Radeon and i7 Sandy Bridge it was functioning efficiently until now.
    I replaced my battery and charger a year back. The laptop was was also replaced about 2 months ago.

In the last 1 week, I have noticed that my laptop is always heated and overheats even when I play any low graphic games .This I presumed was because of a battery/power issue which caused the laptop to lag/hang. Henceforth, I ran an energy diagnostic test on my system and came up with the follwing results (I will post them below this paragraph).

The diagnostic report shows that there seems to an issue with the ACPI _TSD Object Failed Validation. Can anyone please help with this and tell me how to rectify this issue?

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Computer Name DESKTOP-F0UVKPI Scan Time 2016-10-05T19:21:43Z Scan Duration 60 seconds System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Product Name HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC BIOS Date 07/20/2011 BIOS Version F.1A OS Build 14393 Platform Role PlatformRoleMobile Plugged In true Process Count 87 Thread Count 1788 Report GUID {ae83c494-f2b4-4ced-8675-d87455a2afd8} Analysis Results

Errors

System Availability Requests:System Required Request
    The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.
    Requesting Driver Instance HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C3388&REV_1001\4&36bd4ff5&0&0001 Requesting Driver Device High Definition Audio Device

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend
    This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
    Device Name USB Input Device Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194 Host Controller Location PCI bus 25, device 0, function 0 Device ID USB\VID_1BCF&PID_0005 Port Path 3

CPU UtilizationReduced Laptop Performance due to energy efficiency issues :processor utilization is high
    The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
    Average Utilization (%) 39.82

Platform Power Management Capabilities:ACPI _TSD Object Failed Validation
    There is a problem with the definition of the ACPI _TSD object on this computer. Installing the latest system firmware (BIOS) may resolve this issue.
    Group 0 Index 0

There is a problem with the definition of the ACPI _TSD object on this computer. Installing the latest system firmware (BIOS) may resolve this issue.
    Group 0 Index 1

Group 0 Index 2

Group 0 Index 3

Group 0 Index 4

Group 0 Index 5

Group 0 Index 6

Group 0 Index 7

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesReduced Laptop Performance due to energy efficiency issues :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
    PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

:)

utsav92, Oct 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 Power management

Windows 10 uses more CPU when idle than when in use. Please fix this.

Background processes, such as virus scanning, consume all available CPU when idle, as indicated by fans running at full speed when the computer is unattended, even on a laptop. This would seem to undo all efficiencies due to CPU throttling, power management
    etc. that were introduced since the "Energy Star" generation of PCs.

A new VW?

PhilipLishman, Oct 4, 2016
  3. 5610, FORMAT the MiniSD card?

5610 is using microSD card, not MiniSD

I don't think formatting it into FAT32 is an efficient way to solve the sound problem since i've already try to do the same way, and it'll somehow reduce the performance of the memory card not much but still noticeable when accessing,

this is probably due to the file format system used by 5610, u can see that it is in only FAT format but not FAT32 after formatting through the device.

feimeng---01, Oct 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, first check with HP if your laptop is approved for update to Win 10. Whilst PCs may appear to run a later OS, low level ACPI incompatibility may mean heat management is poor.
    Maybe here
    HP products tested with Windows 10 | HP® Customer Support

- it's not there.

For example, my old laptop which came with Vista ran Win 8 and 10 but ran hot in Safe Mode.

Is there a BIOS update available?

dalchina, Oct 6, 2016
  5. ARNaja Win User
    Looks like bios update (if available) will help you to resolve the problem. I agree with dalchina's opinion. Hope it helps

ARNaja, Oct 7, 2016
  6. Hi Utsav,

Please check if your Laptop Fans are running or not. This may happen due to the Driver incompatibility. I am Not an expert in this, but when I faced the same problem (Laptop Fan Stopped Working) I just reinstalled the Windows and it worked perfectly.

swarajnandedkar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reduced Laptop Performance due to energy efficiency issues - Similar Threads - Reduced Laptop Performance

2. Windows 11 keeps changing powermode to 'Best energy efficiency'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps changing powermode to 'Best energy efficiency': I have a new DELL laptop with Windows 11 and it's driving me crazy. I use heavy software and I notice a big difference when I switch the powermode to 'High performance'. However, I have switched like 20 times and it keeps changing back to energy saving, making things terribly...
  3. Windows 11 keeps changing powermode to 'Best energy efficiency'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps changing powermode to 'Best energy efficiency': I have a new DELL laptop with Windows 11 and it's driving me crazy. I use heavy software and I notice a big difference when I switch the powermode to 'High performance'. However, I have switched like 20 times and it keeps changing back to energy saving, making things terribly...
  4. Windows update and energy efficiency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update and energy efficiency: Okay here we go, greetings.I don't know where to start, I can't express how displeased I'm with windows services in general. Do you understand what energy efficiency mean, Microsoft?! Is this some kind of marketing strategy?! Let me tell you what a mobile computer a.k.a....
  5. Windows update and energy efficiency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update and energy efficiency: Okay here we go, greetings.I don't know where to start, I can't express how displeased I'm with windows services in general. Do you understand what energy efficiency mean, Microsoft?! Is this some kind of marketing strategy?! Let me tell you what a mobile computer a.k.a....
  6. I carried out an energy efficiency report on my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I carried out an energy efficiency report on my system: Hello Sir/Madam,I have carried out a performance check using command prompt and got the following results. 5 Errors 14 Warnings 31 Informational Please, I kindly ask your good help in resolving these problems affecting the performance of my computer. For example the CAPS...
  7. how to disable energy efficient ethernet through powershell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to disable energy efficient ethernet through powershell: my ethernet keeps turning off then back on randomly and my wifi is fine and i have tested the cables and everything and they work fine.I saw somewhere that you can turn off energy efficient which could fix it. But in my network adapters there isnt a power management tab and...
  8. Microsoft Edge performance and efficiency

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge performance and efficiency: For many people who have almost exclusively used Modern and Desktop IE, do you guys notice that Microsoft Edge consumes far more RAM and much higher idle CPU usage than Modern/Desktop IE? One way to test this is to open cnn.com on both browsers one at a time and observe...
  9. Gallery: AMD's new high-performance, energy-efficient 'Carrizo' APU

in Windows 10 News
    Gallery: AMD's new high-performance, energy-efficient 'Carrizo' APU: AMD “Carrizo” "Carrizo" will be an x86 APU built using 28-nanometer architecture and will, according to AMD, be optimized for both power and area efficiency. It is expected to make an appearance inside notebooks and all-in-one PCs towards mid-year, but AMD has unveiled some...
  10. Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem: How to: Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem How to Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for a Modem [img] Information During periods of low data activity, Energy Efficient Ethernet (802.3az EEE) allows for less power consumption by 50% or more...