Windows 10: Redundant search results

Discus and support Redundant search results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed how some of the search results just lead to the settings app opening with the name of the search result in its search bar, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by You, Nov 10, 2015.

1. YOU
    You Win User

Redundant search results

Has anyone else noticed how some of the search results just lead to the settings app opening with the name of the search result in its search bar, but nothing in the results of the app? To get an idea of what I'm talking about, search up "Show me tips about windows", "turn auto brightness on or off" or "turn on device discovery".

:)

2. win 10 photo duplicates

Not sure what you mean by "4 different media"

Drives? Folders?

If all four locations are already in your Picture Library, searching the library for 'kindRedundant search results :picture' will give you a flat view of all pictures where duplicates , when the search results are sorted by name (use list or details view), will be listed
    together and redundant items can be deleted.

You could also create a new library with just the locations desired if that would help narrow the results.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Nov 10, 2015
  3. John Vil Win User
    Search the results of a search?

Hello Joshua,

We appreciate the information you have provided us. Since you mentioned that the indexing troubleshooter did not resolve the issue, what we suggest next is to run the
    System File Checker tool. This is a utility in Windows that allows you
    to scan for corruptions in your system files that may cause this issue.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 10, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Redundant search results

I would think you're going to get similar results with any kind of search,, not only with Windows.

BunnyJ, Nov 10, 2015
  5. izzzey Win User
    I totally agree with BunnyJ . Is important to collect any reference value. I use Lookeen free to do that job

izzzey, Nov 11, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    What do mean by reference value? It literally does this:
    Redundant search results [​IMG]

Thema:

Redundant search results

1. Redundant search results - Similar Threads - Redundant search results

2. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  3. Vanishing Search Results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vanishing Search Results: I have an old hard drive on a usb connection.As anyone knows, if you do a desktop/PC folder or a hard drive search, that little progress bar flies to the right at near supersonic speed, then takes an hour or more going that last 1/8th of an inch just to the right of the "X."...
  4. Vanishing Search Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vanishing Search Results: I have an old hard drive on a usb connection.As anyone knows, if you do a desktop/PC folder or a hard drive search, that little progress bar flies to the right at near supersonic speed, then takes an hour or more going that last 1/8th of an inch just to the right of the "X."...
  5. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  6. Wrong Search Results

in Cortana
    Wrong Search Results: Hello Somedays ago I opened a pdf file from the internet in ms edge.today i saw that in windows search the pdf was showing up.there were option like manage disconnect network drive open[when i click the it,it open the windows file explorer ,this pc srcreen] open file...
  7. Bing search results

in Cortana
    Bing search results: Fairly simple. All searches, especially for generic businesses or shopping related searches always return american results. Location is set to australia. I am signed in. Windows location is set to my city and country. Changing search engines isnt an option as i do most of my...
  8. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  9. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886

Users found this page by searching for:

1. redundant search results