Windows 10: Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!

Discus and support Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] For the last week or so, I've had this volume bar showing up in the lower center of my monitor. It is sometimes there, sometimes not, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1FarmerMom, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!

Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of! [​IMG]

For the last week or so, I've had this volume bar showing up in the lower center of my monitor. It is sometimes there, sometimes not, and seems quite random. I am unable to move it, hide it or find the source. I was not able to get a picture of it via the computer, having to utilize my phone to capture the image. The volume on the bar never changes, no matter how or where I adjust volume on the PC.

It has become quite a nuisance as it blocks my view of anything in that area when it is present. *Mad

Any help getting rid of it is extremely appreciated. Thank you.

:)

1FarmerMom, Feb 13, 2018
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

How to get rid of black bar at the bottom of games

Please, select ‘Me Too’ in that thread…

Then you are subscribed to updates automatically. When anything changes, you get notified by E-mail. Furthermore, only one thread must be updated.

Abi99 (2), Feb 13, 2018
  3. How to get rid of black bar at the bottom of games

Hi Sreeram,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to suggest that you perform the methods stated below and check if the issue persist.

Method 1: Soft Reset

Refer to the article below by Andre Da Costa to perform Soft Reset.

How to soft- and hard reset your Windows Phone

Method 2: Run the Windows Phone Recovery Tool

Pleases refer to the link provided below to perform recovery.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

Disclaimer: Using the Software Recovery Tool will erase all content stored on your phone, including apps and games (along with app data and game progress), text messages, call history, music, photos and more. If
    possible, you should back up your phone first (Settings > Update and security> Backup). You will be able to restore a backup once the recovery is complete.

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 13, 2018
  4. Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!

Anything to do with external sound source? HDMI monitor?

lagunasrfr, Feb 13, 2018
  5. Edit:
    O M G *Redface
    Okay, so yeah, the monitor is HDMI, and finally found the volume control on the side (if there was a remote to this monitor, it was lost a long time ago).... I can change the volume, but cannot control when the silly bar is on the screen. *sarc

No, been using the same monitor for over 6 months, and this has only been happening for about a week. External sound source is the same as it has been for 2 years.

1FarmerMom, Feb 13, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    Is it windows or the monitor settings

Samuria, Feb 13, 2018
  7. Look in task manager for the process that controls it. Disable the process in STARTUP and PROCESSES

lagunasrfr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!

1. Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of! - Similar Threads - Redundant Volume Bar

2. Getting Rid of Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Rid of Xbox Game Bar: Hello!Not long ago i downloaded something called Xbox Game Bar which was supposed to help me screen record but instead made it laggier. I've tryed to get rid of it but the uninstall button in settings is grey and the terminate button isnt but it does nothing please help me...
  3. How to get rid of the volume bar at will?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of the volume bar at will?: I sometimes accidentally turn the volume up with my extra keys while gaming and it takes forever to fade away. Its normally slightly annoying but I steer the mouse on the UI to close it, but there isnt a close button, so the bar stays even longer to go away (because the mouse...
  4. Unable to get rid of keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to get rid of keyboard: [ATTACH]is it because it's set as the default? if so, how do i change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-get-rid-of-keyboard/67f94232-1f5e-4f9d-b135-1ae936aa279b
  5. Is there no way to get rid of this volume ODS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there no way to get rid of this volume ODS?: Any time I change volume I can notice gynsc stops working.. it's jarring to say the least. Is there a way to turn it off? submitted by /u/Klubhead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbkt21/is_there_no_way_to_get_rid_of_this_volume_ods/
  6. mirrored volume for file redundancy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mirrored volume for file redundancy: I am trying to set up a mirrored volume for file redundancy. Can you use the computers hard drive plus a hard drive or do you need 2 extra hard drives. I have tried unsuccessfully to set up a mirrored drive with 1 extra hard drive. I have followed instructions but cannot get...
  7. getting rid of title bar header

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    getting rid of title bar header: I want to print an updated version of my resume but when I print the heading always shows my name-updated resume how do I get rid of this so the page just shows my resume information?...
  8. how to get rid of these redundant icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of these redundant icons: Just now installed Update (KB3176936) for Windows 10 x64-Based Systems......Upon restart my Google Drive Desktop Icon has turned into a white rectangle ( I can go to the icon properties and assign a generic one from Windows ) but I want to try to fix it. What annoys me even...
  9. cannot get rid of search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot get rid of search bar: Hi, can someone please tell me how to get rid of this search bar at the top of my screen? it is driving me crazy and doesnt hide when i watch full screen!! [img] 46807
  10. Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons: How do I get rid of the vertical (redundant) sound bar icon from Windows 10 Home without editing the registry? [img] 20857