Windows 10: refect (free) 7.1 fails to install

Discus and support refect (free) 7.1 fails to install in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello -- I just downloaded the free version of reflect 7.1 -- I when rand the install exe (start with v7 ... ) the install stared but then failed with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by fpefpe, Jan 2, 2018.

1. fpefpe Win User

refect (free) 7.1 fails to install

Hello -- I just downloaded the free version of reflect 7.1 -- I when rand the install exe (start with v7 ... ) the install stared but then failed with no reason -- The "log" box is checked -- but where is that log file written? -- The os that i am installing on is
    xp sp3 32bit -- any info would be appreciated

:)

fpefpe, Jan 2, 2018
  2. BJBMN Win User

Windows update error code 0x80075057 and 8007045D

Tried 5 times to install Windows 10 and get the above error codes each time when the installation fails. Currently running Windows 7.1. Thanks

BJBMN, Jan 2, 2018
  3. korngear Win User
    Updating Flash Player?

Good news. But I wanna know which original Flash version it refects?

Flash 8 or 9?

korngear, Jan 2, 2018
  4. fpefpe Win User

wow -- this is bad!! -- I was able to shutdown the os but when I when to restart it kept BSOF --- so I had to restart the "last good" option -- I have a msi install log now -- not sure what to look for

fpefpe, Jan 2, 2018
  5. RolandJS Win User
    I'll be listening in and learning alongside you! I had a very similar problem with a friend's laptop and MR7 free. Although I gave the laptop back to the owner, I still want to learn what happened.

RolandJS, Jan 2, 2018
  6. cereberus Win User
    Why are you using XP any more? It is so insecure, you are asking to be hacked!

You would be better of replacing it with a modern Linux installation or even trying Windows 10.

cereberus, Jan 3, 2018
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

if you don't want to install W10 - run Linux Mint -- very Windows like with the standard GUI and works straight out of the box on pretty well any sort of hardware so you shouldn't have too much difficulty with it -- and then you could always try installing XP as a VM if you need to run legacy apps -- I'm still running XP for some legacy stuff but as a Virtual machine and I keep it isolated from the Internet.

I suspect that Macrium 7.1 won't run on XP -- older versions *might* but you really should think about running XP only as a Virtual Machine if you have to use it.

Virtual Box and VMware player both install easily on most Linux distros and will run XP and other Windows Virtual machines without a problem so long as you have enough RAM available on the HOST machine. XP can run as a VM on as little as 512MB so even on a 2GB RAM Host machine it would still work --Linux itself is far more memory efficient than Windows in any case - even when using a Linux GUI.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 3, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

Big plus doing it this way is that you do not need Macrium Reflect - just export or cppy vhd to another drive (or use share option which zips up file saving a lot of space).

cereberus, Jan 3, 2018
  9. RolandJS Win User
    I think oldversion.com and/or oldapps.com may have free versions of MR that can intall and run on Windows XP.

RolandJS, Jan 3, 2018
  10. I had same problem albeit on Windows 10. The installer kept stopping with no error message, just a system sound. I unchecked the 'log' file and it then installed ok. Might want to try that?

Scottyboy99, Jan 6, 2018
  11. Word Man Win User
    @fpefpe - today's update of Macrium Reflect to 7.1.2817 claims to have resolved your failure to install on Win XP problem. Not sure if free version download is updated yet. Free download accessible here: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free appears to be 7.1.2817

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. refect (free) 7.1 fails to install - Similar Threads - refect free fails

2. Windows Update installation fails at 7%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update installation fails at 7%: Split from this thread. I'm having precisely the same issue, right down to the failure at 7% progress after restart. I've run wufix.bat, so I can, with some confidence, eliminate file corruption as a factor. My log files are linked...
  3. Windows Update installation fails at 7%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update installation fails at 7%: Split from this thread. I'm having precisely the same issue, right down to the failure at 7% progress after restart. I've run wufix.bat, so I can, with some confidence, eliminate file corruption as a factor. My log files are linked...
  4. Windows Update installation fails at 7% everytime.

Windows Update installation fails at 7% everytime.: Hello, I am having an issue with Windows Update, the update downloads and installs fine, but once I try restarting and installing the update it gets to 7% and fails everytime. I then get the message "We couldnt complete the updates. Undoing changes.". Windows Update gives me...
  5. How to install 1 of 2 win 7 installs on the same computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install 1 of 2 win 7 installs on the same computer: Hello all,I have an older computer with a SATA drive and an old PATA drive. Each drive has a Windows 7 system on it. When I boot up the machine, it defaults to loading the system on the PATA drive and not the one on the SATA drive because the PATA system is a newer...
  6. How to install 1 of 2 win 7 installs on the same computer

How to install 1 of 2 win 7 installs on the same computer: Hello all,I have an older computer with a SATA drive and an old PATA drive. Each drive has a Windows 7 system on it. When I boot up the machine, it defaults to loading the system on the PATA drive and not the one on the SATA drive because the PATA system is a newer...
  7. 3 windows 7 updates failing to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 windows 7 updates failing to install: About a month ago I got 3 updates, 2 deemed important and one optional. Issue is that every time I try installing those updates, they seem to fail. Whenever I shut down my device windows automatically installs the 2 important updates. And whenever I turn on my device it tries...
  8. 3 windows 7 updates failing to install

3 windows 7 updates failing to install: About a month ago I got 3 updates, 2 deemed important and one optional. Issue is that every time I try installing those updates, they seem to fail. Whenever I shut down my device windows automatically installs the 2 important updates. And whenever I turn on my device it tries...
  9. Installation failed with error code 7

Installation failed with error code 7: I was asked to look at a friends' computer when he couldn't install software. He was trying to install something called Papercraft Factory made by a company called Funky Hand that doesn't seem to exist anymore. The executable is just a setup.exe that contains Adobe Air and...
  10. Macrium Refect Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Refect Questions: OK I've run Macrium Refect before on my computer, with no problems. But now running from the boot dvd, its giving me 2 errors at different times. 1st error that it gives sometimes is, "Can't find boot drive" then it sends me to the HP recovery program. Just a program that...