Windows 10: Reformating after windows 10 upgrade.

Discus and support Reformating after windows 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So ive just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and activated my license. My laptop has a recover partition and im just wondering if i reformat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikesw92, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mikesw92 Win User

Reformating after windows 10 upgrade.

So ive just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and activated my license.

My laptop has a recover partition and im just wondering if i reformat will it install windows 8.1 or windows 10?

As im trying to do a fresh install.

:)

mikesw92, Jul 29, 2015

2. N95-1 FW V21.0.016 query...pls help!!!

I have experience the same problem too.

After the V21.0.016 upgrade, there was error accessing the standard Micro SD-Card (1GB). So tried reformating the SD card with the new firmware loadeded.

So far it behaving alright.#Cross Finger#.

Nokia should indicate reformating micro SD-card as part of the firmware upgrading process.

sadesh---01, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Portuguese Pre-Reform rules availability Windows 10

How can I configure/ select the option to have the Portuguese Pre-Reform rules availability on my Windows 10 Home?

The pre-reform portuguese language rules is the same portuguese language has you have in all past windows versions.

Is there any possibility to chose if we want the windows in Portuguese pre-reform or Post-reform?

Thank you.

Regards

Cliff Pereira, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Windowz10 Win User

I would NOT do the fresh install yet.

There are people reporting problems getting activated after doing the fresh install- after having first done the upgrade.

Not sure whether it's an actual glitch or just the activation servers getting lagged, but a number of people on a number of sites are reporting that the clean install after successful update install caused activation errors.

Windowz10, Jul 29, 2015
  5. mikesw92 Win User
    Thanks for that, i will wait untill all the problems are fixed. Would it install windows 10 from the recovery partition tho?

mikesw92, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Yeah it's totally a blanking mess. It activated nicely when upgrading, but doing the fresh install after doesn't work at all. It says the key is blacklisted and I need to buy a new one. If it turns out we can't fresh install unless we buy it the best option is to fresh install 7 or 8 and then upgrade to keep all files because there will be nothing to keep.

RECONBunny, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Windowz10 Win User
    Very unlikely. The recovery partition should always remain your original OS. To be updated, the Windows installer would have to know the encoding of that partition and that tends to be computer manufacturer specific. Also, if they did touch that partition and something went wrong, you'd be left with a lump of plastic and metal...

Windowz10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reformating after windows 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Reformating upgrade

2. REFORMATING LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REFORMATING LAPTOP: Is it best to reformat the laptop if I dont know howe to get rid of my account hello pin this is not signed in with M soft account . when up dates are done it reboots and ask for pin thanks its on pro 11...
  3. REFORMATING LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REFORMATING LAPTOP: Is it best to reformat the laptop if I dont know howe to get rid of my account hello pin this is not signed in with M soft account . when up dates are done it reboots and ask for pin thanks its on pro 11...
  4. When I change my resolution My computer crashes and have to recover or reformate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I change my resolution My computer crashes and have to recover or reformate: When change my resolution in a game or i system my computer screen goes blank.So when i start up a game and change the resolution settings or if i change the resolution or change my frame rate in my system settings my screen will go black. the only way to get out of it is to...
  5. When I change my resolution My computer crashes and have to recover or reformate

When I change my resolution My computer crashes and have to recover or reformate: When change my resolution in a game or i system my computer screen goes blank.So when i start up a game and change the resolution settings or if i change the resolution or change my frame rate in my system settings my screen will go black. the only way to get out of it is to...
  6. Blue screen errors after reformating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen errors after reformating: I have been having issues with my pc lately,it turns off and gets blue screens, audio fails,i t freezes, and the wifi doesn't work at all even with an external adaptor, everything. so i went to get it checked out and cleaned, they reformated it and cleaned it telling me that...
  7. Blue screen errors after reformating

Blue screen errors after reformating: I have been having issues with my pc lately,it turns off and gets blue screens, audio fails,i t freezes, and the wifi doesn't work at all even with an external adaptor, everything. so i went to get it checked out and cleaned, they reformated it and cleaned it telling me that...
  8. Blue screen errors after reformating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. SOLVED Reformating a Dynamic drive containing boot files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED Reformating a Dynamic drive containing boot files: Trying to reformat a Dynamic volume containing windows boot files into a Primary empty volume. Old HDD containing windows 8.1 that I wanted to repurpose into a storage disk. Sleep deprived I somehow managed to turn it from Primary to Dynamic and have been struggling to...
  10. I Believe Windows 10 Upgrade Changed the MBR or Reformated my Seagate Go Flex External Hard...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Believe Windows 10 Upgrade Changed the MBR or Reformated my Seagate Go Flex External Hard...: I have a Seagate Go Flex external hard drive connected on a network via Ethernet. It was working fine with multiple computers until I upgraded to Windows 10. Now the Seagate drive will not boot up correctly as indicated by the blinking Amber light. I think Windows 10 did...