Windows 10: Refresh All Apps

Discus and support Refresh All Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not all my applications are found in the Windows 10 All Apps list by the Start button. How can I refresh it, or add new apps and programs to it? 34809 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cfuglein, Dec 22, 2015.

1. cfuglein Win User

Refresh All Apps

Not all my applications are found in the Windows 10 All Apps list by the Start button. How can I refresh it, or add new apps and programs to it?

:)

cfuglein, Dec 22, 2015

2. Start Menu will not Refresh All Apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community and welcome to windows 10 family. We will help you resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Provide the following information to assist you further:

1. Did you login to Microsoft account and check?

2. Do you get any error message when you tried to open the shortcuts?

Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If the issue still persist try creating a new user account
    and check. Check the link below:

Create new user account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope this helps. Do get back to us with the above information to assist you further, We are happy to help.

Swathi1709, Dec 22, 2015
  3. ArtemBank Win User
    Start Menu will not Refresh All Apps

1. Yes.

2. No - It doesn't open anything if the shortcut no longer exists.

I tried the SFC thing, but it didn't end up fixing anything.

I created a new user account and on THAT account, the start menu shows up perfectly fine, but on my main microsoft account, it's still not refreshed.

ArtemBank, Dec 22, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Refresh All Apps

hello, just a quick question ,if the apps dont show in all apps, how do you access/open your apps

caperjack, Dec 22, 2015
  5. John035 Win User
    You can resize the start menu by clicking and dragging the edges , you can drag you programs/apps you use and drop them in one of the boxes.

John035, Dec 22, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Right click on Start, open 'Run', type shell:appsfolder then press Enter.
    All your applications should be in there, if they're not, there's something else wrong.

Edwin, Dec 22, 2015
  7. cfuglein Win User
    I search for them in windows explorer and put the frequent ones on my toolbar

cfuglein, Jan 25, 2016
  8. cfuglein Win User

Refresh All Apps

This sort of worked. I think there are still some executables missing. If they are in a Program Files folder, should they be in the appsfolder?

cfuglein, Jan 25, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    Not necessarily. If you have a portable app that you launch just by clicking the .exe it will not show up there.

If however you add a shortcut for it to Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs in %appdata% or %programdata% directory then it will also appear in shell:appsfolder.

Does this match what you are seeing or do you have an example of one that is missing?

10. cfuglein Win User
    I guess I'll have to add some of the shortcuts. One of the downsides of Windows 10, I guess. I would have expected ALL programs to show up on the Start menu. I have shortcuts for most everything somewhere on my desktop or the taskbar. I'm trying to consolidate all the programs I have on my hard drive in one place.

cfuglein, Jan 28, 2016
  11. caperjack Win User
    likely reason why all the programs don't show in start menu [and I think they do if you go to all apps]is that insiders who ran win10 preview for a year or so before its release ,wanted control of what got/they put in the start menu.

but I could be wrong.......again

caperjack, Jan 28, 2016
  12. Steve C Win User
    If you install Classic Shell, it should show all of the new style apps under the Apps menu from which you can pin, create a shortcut or uninstall the apps.

Steve C, Jan 29, 2016
  13. cfuglein Win User

Refresh All Apps

Interesting, I'll check it out.

cfuglein, Jan 30, 2016
  14. cfuglein Win User
    I have Windows 10 and want to make it work, as it does have some features I like. But thanks.

cfuglein, Feb 9, 2016
  15. cfuglein Win User
    Well Hallelujah, this actually worked. I put the shortcut where you said, and it showed up on the Start Menu

Thanks.

cfuglein, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Refresh All Apps

1. Refresh All Apps - Similar Threads - Refresh Apps

2. Hello, I bought a Nokia E7-00 Nokia Belle Refresh. How can I update it to use apps like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I bought a Nokia E7-00 Nokia Belle Refresh. How can I update it to use apps like...: Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-bought-a-nokia-e7-00-nokia-belle-refresh/9573b327-0f8f-425d-a02f-89a6188838a3
  3. Hello, I bought a Nokia E7-00 Nokia Belle Refresh. How can I update it to use apps like...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, I bought a Nokia E7-00 Nokia Belle Refresh. How can I update it to use apps like...: Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-bought-a-nokia-e7-00-nokia-belle-refresh/9573b327-0f8f-425d-a02f-89a6188838a3
  4. File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps

File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps: I have noticed a pretty weird issue in Windows 11 currently 22H2 Build 22621.2500:When I open Windows File Explorer it will cause some sort of "refresh" in the graphics subsystem. It's easy to reproduce:Open Computer Management right click windows button, computer...
  5. File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps: I have noticed a pretty weird issue in Windows 11 currently 22H2 Build 22621.2500:When I open Windows File Explorer it will cause some sort of "refresh" in the graphics subsystem. It's easy to reproduce:Open Computer Management right click windows button, computer...
  6. Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...: Can someone help restore my microsoft store app for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-keeps-crashing-windows-11-i/3a1b8a20-cdc6-48bb-b738-f1a5a57c3b76
  7. Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...

Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...: Can someone help restore my microsoft store app for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-keeps-crashing-windows-11-i/3a1b8a20-cdc6-48bb-b738-f1a5a57c3b76
  8. Microsoft Store keeps refreshing the page when trying to download/buy apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store keeps refreshing the page when trying to download/buy apps: I have been unable to find anyone else so far having this problem. I tried trouble shoots of other problems, like resetting the Store Cache, but it doesn't even let me do that. I run wsreset.exe as admin, the store window opens and then nothing happens, no matter how long I...
  9. Microsoft Store keeps refreshing the page when trying to download/buy apps

Microsoft Store keeps refreshing the page when trying to download/buy apps: I have been unable to find anyone else so far having this problem. I tried trouble shoots of other problems, like resetting the Store Cache, but it doesn't even let me do that. I run wsreset.exe as admin, the store window opens and then nothing happens, no matter how long I...
  10. After I Refreshed my PC xbox app was uninstalled but the games that i had installed in...

After I Refreshed my PC xbox app was uninstalled but the games that i had installed in...: So i refreshed my windows So it kept all my files but uninstalled the apps I had installed multiple games on Different drives the game take like 200GB combinedNow I cannot find the files of the games at all to delete them Please help...