Windows 10: Refresh or Reset PC

Discus and support Refresh or Reset PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Refresh or Reset Windows 10 removes files in Drive C. or only the partition where the Windows 10 OS is installed? 17825 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by poysanity, Aug 19, 2015.

1. poysanity Win User

Refresh or Reset PC

Refresh or Reset Windows 10 removes files in Drive C. or only the partition where the Windows 10 OS is installed?

:)

poysanity, Aug 19, 2015
  2. JDardas Win User

Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fails in Windows 10

is there anyway to do it without losing all personal files?

JDardas, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fails in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Turn the PC off completely. Now, hold the F11 key BEFORE you turn it on. While holding it down, press the power button.

Preparing automatic repair infinite loop

Not Available

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Refresh or Reset PC

Brink, Aug 19, 2015
  5. poysanity Win User
    thanks for this I did reset my PC and the drive D files were not deleted.

poysanity, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 20, 2015
  7. poysanity Win User
    oh 1 more thing. what's the difference of resetting my pc and performing a clean install? which is better

poysanity, Aug 21, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Refresh or Reset PC

The both pretty much give you a clean install of Windows, but.... *Smile

A reset will only affect the partition that Windows is on. If this is an OEM PC that came with Windows 10 preinstalled, then a reset would perform a factory reset to how it was out of the box again. This includes all OEM bloatware installed with Windows.

A clean install is to basically wipe the drive Windows is installed on, and give you a clean install of Windows 10 without anything else installed.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Brink, Aug 21, 2015
  9. poysanity Win User
    im running windows 8.1 before upgraded to windows 10 and I reset my PC. so clean install is still better than the reset I did?

poysanity, Aug 21, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Good thing it wasn't an OEM PC that came with Windows 8.1 preinstalled, and still had the factory recovery partition. Otherwise, it may have reset to Windows 8.1.

Better depends on what your needs are. I personally prefer a clean install myself.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Refresh or Reset PC

1. Refresh or Reset PC - Similar Threads - Refresh Reset

2. Variable Refresh Rate Setting Reset after system reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Variable Refresh Rate Setting Reset after system reboot: i have a G-sync Compatible Monitor and when ever i go into the Graphics Settings the option is flipped off instead of on, HAGS remains enabled though....
  3. Variable Refresh Rate Setting Reset after system reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Variable Refresh Rate Setting Reset after system reboot: i have a G-sync Compatible Monitor and when ever i go into the Graphics Settings the option is flipped off instead of on, HAGS remains enabled though....
  4. Variable Refresh Rate Setting Reset after system reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. refresh rate resetting every time after booting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refresh rate resetting every time after booting.: I run on windows 11 home.I have a asus tuf a15 2023 with rtx4060 and amd radeon 7533. and my laptop screen supports 144hz refresh rate. but every time after booting my laptop i need to go to the settings and change the refresh rate to 144hz as it resets to 60hz every single...
  6. refresh rate resetting every time after booting.

refresh rate resetting every time after booting.: I run on windows 11 home.I have a asus tuf a15 2023 with rtx4060 and amd radeon 7533. and my laptop screen supports 144hz refresh rate. but every time after booting my laptop i need to go to the settings and change the refresh rate to 144hz as it resets to 60hz every single...
  7. No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset: I just reset/refreshed windows 11 and chose the option to keep my files. The dialog said that all my desktop applications would have to be reinstalled but that a list of them would be on my desktop when the refresh completed. Now the refresh has completed and the list of...
  8. No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset

No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset: I just reset/refreshed windows 11 and chose the option to keep my files. The dialog said that all my desktop applications would have to be reinstalled but that a list of them would be on my desktop when the refresh completed. Now the refresh has completed and the list of...
  9. Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...: Can someone help restore my microsoft store app for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-keeps-crashing-windows-11-i/3a1b8a20-cdc6-48bb-b738-f1a5a57c3b76
  10. Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...

Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...: Can someone help restore my microsoft store app for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-keeps-crashing-windows-11-i/3a1b8a20-cdc6-48bb-b738-f1a5a57c3b76