Windows 10: Refresh Windows 10

Discus and support Refresh Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You may need to clean install Windows 10 instead then. *Sad https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Vladimir, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Jan 23, 2016

2. Will I loose all my data ? If yes is there any way to save it?

Rudra Paliwal, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You will with a clean install.

If you like, you could try refreshing Windows 10 by booting from your installation media using OPTION ONE on the first page here instead.

Brink, Jan 24, 2016
  4. Refresh Windows 10

I am not prompted for installation media.

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You'll need to boot from your installation media instead.

Brink, Jan 24, 2016
  6. Same error while refreshing couldn't reset....

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 24, 2016
  8. Refresh Windows 10

I have backup of installed apps. I used easus to do backup home.

9. BTW my PC is running fine but I have performance issues so for that I m resetting.if there is any alternative pls tell me.also can I recover data coz I m unable using stellar easus recuva doctor PC and many more.

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would need to reinstall all apps and drivers after a clean install, but the main thing are the files in your personal folders you want to back up.

Since your computer is running fine, are you able to manually copy them to another location other than the Windows disk?

Have you already tried doing a repair install instead? You won't lose anything with it.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Brink, Jan 24, 2016
  11. Yes I can copy. By repair install if you mean startup repair then yes but no use. Also SFC scan going corrupt files but was unable to repair them.

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Nope. Repair install is different. Click on the link to see more about it. *Smile

Brink, Jan 24, 2016
  13. Refresh Windows 10

I don't remember the time and currency format and keyboard.!!

14. If you run setup, does it asks for the same?
    Please remember for repair install setup must be run from existing windows itself.

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 24, 2016
  15. Yes it does but I don't remember

Thema:

Refresh Windows 10

1. Refresh Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Refresh

2. Mouse cursor keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor keeps refreshing: I don't know why this is suddenly happening. My mouse won't stop refreshing with the blue circle next to it, and I can't right click on things properly. But another issue is that I can't really do anything to fix this because for some reason I cannot login to my administrator...
  3. Mouse cursor keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor keeps refreshing: I don't know why this is suddenly happening. My mouse won't stop refreshing with the blue circle next to it, and I can't right click on things properly. But another issue is that I can't really do anything to fix this because for some reason I cannot login to my administrator...
  4. Mouse cursor keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?: I was lagging a lot when playing games so I checked my refresh rate but it only had a max of 64 even though my monitor can handle a 144 hertz refresh rate. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it....
  6. Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?

Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?: I was lagging a lot when playing games so I checked my refresh rate but it only had a max of 64 even though my monitor can handle a 144 hertz refresh rate. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it....
  7. After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.: Hello,I just started to use Windows 11 after getting a new PC, now I'm having an issue I never had before, while working I was copying 6 files from a folder to another.Right after the copy/paste, only 4 out of 6 files appeared on the folder.So I went back to the 1st folder,...
  8. After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.

After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.: Hello,I just started to use Windows 11 after getting a new PC, now I'm having an issue I never had before, while working I was copying 6 files from a folder to another.Right after the copy/paste, only 4 out of 6 files appeared on the folder.So I went back to the 1st folder,...
  9. Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: I just bought a brand new LG Ultrawide 1440p monitor capable of up to 160Hz, and no matter how hard I try I cannot get a higher option than 60Hz. I've updated my Iris Xe and the LG drivers with no luck. I have a Surface Laptop 4 connected to a Thinkpad USB-C Gen 1 docking...
  10. Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: I just bought a brand new LG Ultrawide 1440p monitor capable of up to 160Hz, and no matter how hard I try I cannot get a higher option than 60Hz. I've updated my Iris Xe and the LG drivers with no luck. I have a Surface Laptop 4 connected to a Thinkpad USB-C Gen 1 docking...