Windows 10: Refresh Windows 10

Discus and support Refresh Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Rudra, If you haven't done anything yet, then you could look to see what it is in Control Panel -> Region icon. Date and Time Format - Change in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Vladimir, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Jan 24, 2016

2. I know but when I run setup I get error couldn't run setup please restart your PC and run windows 10 setup again

Rudra Paliwal, Jan 24, 2016
  3. guys is there a way around like some optimizer or something that repairs everything? Also i have malwarebytes premium and iobit Adv.Sys.Care ultimate 8 will they help me?

Rudra Paliwal, Jan 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Jan 25, 2016
  5. I told u about the error the setup is not running

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, I'm not sure what else to suggest other than to back up and do a clean install. *Sad

Brink, Jan 25, 2016
  7. Umm brink I use malwarebytes antimalware premium and iobit advanced system care ultimate 8.2 ate they good or there's something better.

Also all the windows apps like store n Xbox just close don't even show mainscreen . also I cant produce a gamer tag in Xbox i t says unable to sign you in. Please help me with these two after that I m not gonna for for this stuff again. Thanks in advance!

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Refresh Windows 10

Rudra,

With all the issues you are having and not being able to do a repair install, refresh, or reset, I don't know what else to suggest other than a clean install. *Sad

Brink, Jan 25, 2016
  9. IRQtheCat Win User
    A question about doing the Windows refresh. I have my user profiles relocated to my D: drive following the tutorial in this forum. I assume that the refresh process will not delete them, but after the reimage, will they still be configured that way? Or should I move them back to C: before doing the refresh, then relocate them. I've not found yet any posts on this subject.

IRQtheCat, Jan 25, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello IRQtheCat, *Smile

A refresh could break the links to the D drive for your "D:\(user-name)" folder and cause issues. To be safe, I would recommend to move them back to C, refresh, then move them back to D if you like.

Brink, Jan 25, 2017
  11. IRQtheCat Win User
    Thank you, that's what I thought I should do.

IRQtheCat, Jan 25, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Brink, Jan 25, 2017
  13. selltech Win User

Refresh Windows 10

After reading a lot about this I still have a few questions for you.
    I right now am trying to do a refresh on my windows 10 due to what I think was malware included in another program I downloaded.
    I went to restart, keep my files, etc... it started to do its thing. This morning I wake up and its stuck at 3% and (installing drivers 6% below)
    First, I have been looking all over and cant find an answer, can I abort this or will the world come to an end?
    Second, Should I delete everything due to the whole malware thing?
    Third, Will I need a a IOS USB? I was under the impression no, but now its stuck etc and now Im second guessing myself. Thanks guys!

selltech, Mar 30, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello selltech, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you still have hard drive activity, it should eventually finish with the refresh.

If you have backed up your files, then yeah it would be safer and faster to do a clean install of Windows 10 since you had malware involved.

Clean Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

You can use any USB flash drive at least 6 GB in size to create a Windows 10 installation USB using Option One below.

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 30, 2017
  15. selltech Win User
    Thanks Brink.
    It has been sitting here now for 6+ hours still in the same 3% (Installing features and drivers 6%), due to the malware i think its time to start over. We shall see.

Finally how do I end this doing nothing activity 3%, on my laptop? I really dont think that holding the power button would do anything. maybe just make things worse.

Sorry to sound like a total nub, but I have to be super careful due to the fact that I work off my laptop and I'm in a different country, so its not like I can just go to the local Best Buy.

selltech, Mar 30, 2017
Thema:

Refresh Windows 10

1. Refresh Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Refresh

2. Mouse cursor keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor keeps refreshing: I don't know why this is suddenly happening. My mouse won't stop refreshing with the blue circle next to it, and I can't right click on things properly. But another issue is that I can't really do anything to fix this because for some reason I cannot login to my administrator...
  3. Mouse cursor keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor keeps refreshing: I don't know why this is suddenly happening. My mouse won't stop refreshing with the blue circle next to it, and I can't right click on things properly. But another issue is that I can't really do anything to fix this because for some reason I cannot login to my administrator...
  4. Mouse cursor keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?: I was lagging a lot when playing games so I checked my refresh rate but it only had a max of 64 even though my monitor can handle a 144 hertz refresh rate. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it....
  6. Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?

Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?: I was lagging a lot when playing games so I checked my refresh rate but it only had a max of 64 even though my monitor can handle a 144 hertz refresh rate. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it....
  7. After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.: Hello,I just started to use Windows 11 after getting a new PC, now I'm having an issue I never had before, while working I was copying 6 files from a folder to another.Right after the copy/paste, only 4 out of 6 files appeared on the folder.So I went back to the 1st folder,...
  8. After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.

After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.: Hello,I just started to use Windows 11 after getting a new PC, now I'm having an issue I never had before, while working I was copying 6 files from a folder to another.Right after the copy/paste, only 4 out of 6 files appeared on the folder.So I went back to the 1st folder,...
  9. Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: I just bought a brand new LG Ultrawide 1440p monitor capable of up to 160Hz, and no matter how hard I try I cannot get a higher option than 60Hz. I've updated my Iris Xe and the LG drivers with no luck. I have a Surface Laptop 4 connected to a Thinkpad USB-C Gen 1 docking...
  10. Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: I just bought a brand new LG Ultrawide 1440p monitor capable of up to 160Hz, and no matter how hard I try I cannot get a higher option than 60Hz. I've updated my Iris Xe and the LG drivers with no luck. I have a Surface Laptop 4 connected to a Thinkpad USB-C Gen 1 docking...