Windows 10: Refresh Windows 10

Discus and support Refresh Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Actually, you could create a bootable USB directly from the Media Creation Tool if wanted. That's correct. You would hold down the case power button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Vladimir, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Refresh Windows 10

Actually, you could create a bootable USB directly from the Media Creation Tool if wanted.

That's correct. You would hold down the case power button until it powers off. If you restart, the update will either fail or pick up where it left off.

Brink, Mar 30, 2017
  2. ixodid Win User

The table at the top of the tutorial reads for both 'Keep my files' and 'Remove Everything': "Removes changes you made to settings."

Then immediately below the table is:

"This tutorial will show you how to refresh Windows 10 on your PC to reinstall Windows and keep your personal files and settings..."

I'm confused by the apparent contradiction - does refresh keep or remove settings?

ixodid, Jan 21, 2018
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello ixodid, *Smile

You have the option to "Keep my files" or "Remove everything" when refreshing Windows 10.

The steps in the tutorial are for "Keep my files", and why you see that below the table.

Brink, Jan 21, 2018
  4. ixodid Win User

Refresh Windows 10

Hi, Yes, I understand the part about keeping or removing files.

I was asking about the settings. The table says (for all three options) settings are removed. Below the table, it seems to say settings are (or can be) retained.

The reason I ask is because if settings are going to be lost no matter whether I choose refresh or reset, it seems to make sense to go ahead and do a reset (since I have all of my files backed up).

Thank you for your help and I appreciate your tutorials! They have helped me several times.

ixodid, Jan 21, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    "Keep my file" is basically just keeping your accounts and the files in your user "C:\Users\<user name>" profile folder.

If you sign in with a Microsoft account and have sync settings turned on, then your sync settings will sync back afterwards.

If you like, you could try doing a repair install to fix your issue without losing anything though.

*Arrow Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Refresh Windows 10

1. Refresh Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Refresh

2. Mouse cursor keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor keeps refreshing: I don't know why this is suddenly happening. My mouse won't stop refreshing with the blue circle next to it, and I can't right click on things properly. But another issue is that I can't really do anything to fix this because for some reason I cannot login to my administrator...
  3. Mouse cursor keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor keeps refreshing: I don't know why this is suddenly happening. My mouse won't stop refreshing with the blue circle next to it, and I can't right click on things properly. But another issue is that I can't really do anything to fix this because for some reason I cannot login to my administrator...
  4. Mouse cursor keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?: I was lagging a lot when playing games so I checked my refresh rate but it only had a max of 64 even though my monitor can handle a 144 hertz refresh rate. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it....
  6. Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?

Why is my monitor's refresh rate only 64 at max?: I was lagging a lot when playing games so I checked my refresh rate but it only had a max of 64 even though my monitor can handle a 144 hertz refresh rate. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it....
  7. After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.: Hello,I just started to use Windows 11 after getting a new PC, now I'm having an issue I never had before, while working I was copying 6 files from a folder to another.Right after the copy/paste, only 4 out of 6 files appeared on the folder.So I went back to the 1st folder,...
  8. After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.

After pasting files, some don't show up unless I refresh.: Hello,I just started to use Windows 11 after getting a new PC, now I'm having an issue I never had before, while working I was copying 6 files from a folder to another.Right after the copy/paste, only 4 out of 6 files appeared on the folder.So I went back to the 1st folder,...
  9. Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: I just bought a brand new LG Ultrawide 1440p monitor capable of up to 160Hz, and no matter how hard I try I cannot get a higher option than 60Hz. I've updated my Iris Xe and the LG drivers with no luck. I have a Surface Laptop 4 connected to a Thinkpad USB-C Gen 1 docking...
  10. Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: I just bought a brand new LG Ultrawide 1440p monitor capable of up to 160Hz, and no matter how hard I try I cannot get a higher option than 60Hz. I've updated my Iris Xe and the LG drivers with no luck. I have a Surface Laptop 4 connected to a Thinkpad USB-C Gen 1 docking...