Windows 10: Refs File system on Windows 10 - anyway to do it

Discus and support Refs File system on Windows 10 - anyway to do it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks there was an old way to unlock REFS file system on W8.1 -- tried that on W10 but always get "invalid Vol name" when trying to format the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, May 10, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Refs File system on Windows 10 - anyway to do it

Hi folks
    there was an old way to unlock REFS file system on W8.1 -- tried that on W10 but always get "invalid Vol name" when trying to format the drive -- I know Ms have removed the feature - but there's often ways round.

Any way to STILL make this work on W10 (latest update 1803 W10 X64 Pro) particularly also with storage spaces.

ReFS Creation Support Ending for Windows 10 Pro and Home Editions -- Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine Online

(Is it still in any of the Insider editions).

Seems that Ms have removed this to get people to buy W10 Workstation when it's available -- i.e spend more money !!!

Grhhhhh!!!!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 10, 2018
Thema:

Refs File system on Windows 10 - anyway to do it

1. Refs File system on Windows 10 - anyway to do it - Similar Threads - Refs File system

2. Is there anyway to repair system files without internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to repair system files without internet?: I found out that my PC Windows 10 has corrupted files, I don't know how but I do need it fixed.The corrupted files stop me from even wiping/resetting the entire PC, so I'm out of ideas.I've tried sfc scannow, but it doesn't help, I can't use the DISM command without internet...
  3. What are the benefits of using the Resilient File System ReFS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the benefits of using the Resilient File System ReFS?: Hi,I am currently on Windows 11 Pro... Would it be worth it if I changed to ReFS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-benefits-of-using-the-resilient-file/37e38d69-cc12-40ff-952b-6338c1daf8ab
  4. What are the benefits of using the Resilient File System ReFS?

What are the benefits of using the Resilient File System ReFS?: Hi,I am currently on Windows 11 Pro... Would it be worth it if I changed to ReFS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-benefits-of-using-the-resilient-file/37e38d69-cc12-40ff-952b-6338c1daf8ab
  5. Is there anyway to fix a PC with corrupted system files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there anyway to fix a PC with corrupted system files?: Recently, I accidentally shutted down my computer while it was updating and now it got so much problems settings not working, 90% of the time it won't turn on, black border, laggy and is there anyway to fix this pc? Virtually or physically, data wiped or kept, I'm fine with...
  6. Is there anyway to fix a PC with corrupted system files?

Is there anyway to fix a PC with corrupted system files?: Recently, I accidentally shutted down my computer while it was updating and now it got so much problems settings not working, 90% of the time it won't turn on, black border, laggy and is there anyway to fix this pc? Virtually or physically, data wiped or kept, I'm fine with...
  7. ReFS File System on Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ReFS File System on Hard drive: Is the ReFS file system suitable for use on the hard drive? if it matches what makes them suitable and if not, please state the reason too. Thanks. I have windows 10 education that have ReFS file system on format option and that makes me confused. 130010
  8. ReFS File System on Hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ReFS File System on Hard disk: Is the ReFS file system suitable for use on the hard disk? if it matches what makes them suitable and if not, please state the reason too. Thanks. I have windows 10 education that have ReFS file system on format option and that makes me confused....
  9. Resilient File System (ReFS)

in Windows 10 Support
    Resilient File System (ReFS): Source: Technet Windows Server Library Resilient File System Overview Published: February 29, 2012 Updated: November 1, 2013 Applies To: Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 This topic describes Resilient File System (ReFS), a new file system...
  10. Enable or Disable ReFS File System in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable ReFS File System in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable ReFS File System in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable to Format with ReFS File System in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Resilient File System (ReFS) is a new local file system supported by Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. It maximizes...