Refund for accidental purchase

Discus and support Refund for accidental purchase in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi: We bought a laptop. I'm not used to it. I accidentally bought an app for a mobile device instead of PC. I am hoping for a refund. I was trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShellyAnderson1, Jul 12, 2018 at 6:32 AM.

1. ShellyAnderson1 Win User

Hi:

We bought a laptop. I'm not used to it. I accidentally bought an app for a mobile device instead of PC. I am hoping for a refund. I was trying to purchase an offline app, Roget's Thesaurus, and instead bought the one for a mobile device. After that, I thought I was buying the right app for PC and accidentally bought the book instead..an online thesaurus. I need a good offline thesaurus for writing when I'm not near WiFi. Not a good night... Can a person get a refund or exchange in cases like this? Thank you..

:)

ShellyAnderson1, Jul 12, 2018 at 6:32 AM
  2. Jay_answers Win User

Refund for unauthorized in-app purchase!!

That's a lot of money. Here is what you have to do.

• Go to gethelp.live.com
    • Select BILLING
    • Select CONTACT US
    • Here there will be a chat link. Start chatting and ask them for refund.
    • Have your credit card statement, billing emails and anything else related to this accidental app purchase handy before you start the chat.

3. DigiGolfer Win User
    Refund Button Not Available

I accidentally purchased a game through the xbox app on my computer and would like a refund for it. I tried going to my billing history and noticed there is no refund button there. Are there additional steps I might be missing to request the refund or
    is there anyone from support I can talk to?

4. Loraine Mon Win User

Refund for a game I purchased

Hi,

We can assist you in troubleshooting the issue so you can play the game on your computer. To further isolate your concern, kindly provide the following information:

• What game are you trying to play?
    • Are there any error messages when you tried to play the game?
    • What is exactly happening to the game when you tried to launch it.

For issues with purchases and refund requests, we suggest that you contact Xbox Chat Support or request a call from them on this

link
    so they can review your purchase details.

Should you have any other queries, don't hesitate to contact us anytime.

Thema:

1. Refund for accidental purchase - Similar Threads - Refund accidental purchase

2. Accidentally uninstalled Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally uninstalled Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator: Recently I had problems with my Bluetooth headset. I started to uninstall alot of Bluetooth related stuff and reinstalled them besides " Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator". After uninstalling it, my headphones wouldn't seem to show up in the "Add A Device" window. It works...
  3. Accidentally uninstalled installation package AMD64.msi, how can I re-install it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally uninstalled installation package AMD64.msi, how can I re-install it?: Accidentally uninstalled installation package AMD64.msi, how can I re-install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/accidentally-uninstalled-installation-package/3bd2e52b-ecbd-43e8-92d3-340775b659de
  4. change admin, and refund of winzip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change admin, and refund of winzip: I would like to change admin, and the winzip is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/change-admin-and-refund-of-winzip/f97c659b-4e08-4e01-91ba-c5052930a007
  5. refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refund: can i place. get a refund. on call of duty. ww2 ***Moved from Surface/SurfaceBook/Install, update and repair*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/refund/29168a8c-eb05-4ff9-9030-5d161a68b356
  6. Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.wim

Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.wim: Hi I am running Windows 10 pro v1803 I erased the winre.wim located in the system32/recovery Is it possible for someone to send me a copy? Is This used just to boot into the recovery environment?? Thank you! 111845
  7. Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.rim

Windows 10 pro v1803... accidentally erased winre.rim: Hi I am running Windows 10 pro v1803 I erased the winre.wim locates in the system32/recovery Is it possible for someone to send me a copy? Is This used just to boot into the recovery environment?? Thank you! 111845
  8. Avangate - Another Co. that does NOT REFUND (Scam)

Avangate - Another Co. that does NOT REFUND (Scam): I purchased $59 worth of Piriform software (CCleaner Lifetime, plus four other programs) from AVANGATE.COM I decided I did not need the extra programs and I can get CCleaner (Lifetime) a lot cheaper (w/coupon code) somewhere else. The programs were never installed or...
  9. App Support/Refund

App Support/Refund: Hi very upset, bought app in windows 10 store which did not work, so wanted refund. No link in store for refund, so did a web search, went on live chat, bounced me to another web chat. They advised me to phone USA, which would cost more than I paid for app, eventually got UK...
  10. Microsoft Offer Refunds on Digital Purchases at Windows and Xbox Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Offer Refunds on Digital Purchases at Windows and Xbox Store: Microsoft this week quietly introduced an important new feature called self-service refunds for its Windows Store and Xbox Store. Soon, those who purchase apps or games digitally will be able to get a full refund if they move quickly enough. The feature is currently...