Windows 10: Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions

Discus and support Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, Currently saving for a new GPU for my rig, Been looking into refurbished cards due to the price drop, I can get a GTX 1080 refurbished for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Devlin1888, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions

Hi all,
    Currently saving for a new GPU for my rig, Been looking into refurbished cards due to the price drop,
    I can get a GTX 1080 refurbished for about £370. I've never really had any experience with a refurbished card before, Is it a massive no no?
    Its either that or a new gtx 1070 for about the same price as the refurbished 1080.
    Just wondering if it'd be worth the gamble or not.

Thanks
    Michael

:)

Devlin1888, Apr 22, 2017

2. Refurbished Windows 7 with Windows 10 installed

Thanks Mark

I did as you suggested but nothing changed.

I will now give full story in case it will help.

My old PC packed up so I bought a refurbished tower. It was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and add-in graphics card was inserted by refurbisher. The tower is rigged for HD but my Moniter is not.

Does this information help in any way?

Thanks

Martin

MartinYolland, Apr 22, 2017
  3. Jtelia Win User
    XFX One Plus Edition Graphics Card stopping pc from booting

Hello,

I recently installed an xfx one graphics card on my Windows 10 machine and it won't boot. The fans will kick on and it sounds normal, but then the fans go into full speed and the computer will shut off and power on by itself. My monitor shows no signal when
    plugged in and I checked to see if I installed it right and it looks right to me. The pc will work without the graphics card in, it is a refurbished Lenovo m58 with an intel core 2 duo @ 3.00 GHZ. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Jtelia, Apr 22, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions

Don't know about Europe but in the USA I've purchased Refurbished and done okay. Part of the refurb process is that anything carrying a Serial Number is entered into the cash register/computer at the time of the sale. If it is subsequently returned within the allowed time, usually 15 days, it cannot then be resold again as new hence the refurb label on it. I don't concern myself if the same warranty is offered as when originally sold, usually 1 year.

If a product has been returned to the manufacturer it may have been repaired but may not carry the full warranty.

Refurbs, especially electronic add-ins, can be hit or miss but usually there is a good savings. Be sure the warranty whether original or shorter is known and put the product into use to find any problems right away. How products are handled before returning is an issue.

Berton, Apr 22, 2017
  5. Yeah man, I'll 100% be making sure its original warranty which on the one im looking at is 1 year, Will be put into use straight away and tested anyway. Thanks !

Devlin1888, Apr 22, 2017
  6. bobkn Win User
    If you send in a defective card under warranty, it's common for the warrantor to send a refurb as a replacement.

In other words, I think that it's sensible to buy a refurb.

Does that £370 include VAT? If not, it's probably not a bargain.

bobkn, Apr 22, 2017
  7. In the UK buddy so all VAT is included in the price already

Devlin1888, Apr 22, 2017
  8. Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions

Not a fan of refurbished myself, but to each their own as they say. Me? I'd just do with what you have if at all possible and use the money saved by saving up for a new card. I just feel that spending anything more than a few dollars warrant's "new".

indianacarnie, Apr 22, 2017
  9. bobkn Win User
    Yeah, believe it or not, I noticed the price in GBP.

I looked at the UK version of newegg.com. The prices listed there don't include VAT, although the tax shows up at some point in the shopping cart. The least expensive new 1080 there was £375, not including VAT. I don't recall the tax, but it may have been about £84. Dunno if the extra would be worth it to you, to get a longer warranty (I imagine).

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions

1. Refurbished Graphics Card Suggestions - Similar Threads - Refurbished Graphics Card

2. Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card: Windows 11 recognizes that I have a graphics card but cannot tell what kind. When I try to install the Nvidia driver it says no Nvidia card detected.Card: NVIDIA QUADRO 2000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/3fce5390-78e0-4cc2-b185-6b8afc2feb93
  3. Need a new graphic card, any suggestion?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need a new graphic card, any suggestion?: Hello all, I have a HP - Compaq HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Small Form Factor, in which a NVIDIA gt 1030 was running the graphics until it died on Wednesday. I am wondering if any of you have suggestions for a replacement, given the small form factor of the desktop, and the need for...
  4. Graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics card: I was playing a game and everything ws fine and then i got a black screen out of know where i couldnt tab out and i couldnt force quit the game so i unplugged my computer. Now when i load it up it says checking for media presence then loads to the blue windows screen that...
  5. Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card: I have a gpu with is GTX 1050ti it has hdmi port do I need to buy a motherboard that has a hdmi??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/76c70aeb-bc05-436e-918a-783004ed6c57
  6. graphic card

graphic card: I have Toshiba netbook NB 305 with windows 10. I wanted to download for windows 10 ookla speedtest which is offered free in Microsoft store. After installation when I click on launch I got message "failed to initialize direct3D. At least Direct 11 feature level 9.3 is...
  7. graphics card

graphics card: how do I find out which graphic card I have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/ce87d398-8667-4c3a-985c-96a6c9defdf6
  8. Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card: How do I find the graphic card data installed on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/graphic-card/9c222831-7ddf-4e28-9f0c-c4518df153df
  9. Low priced Graphics card for windows 10 suggestions

Low priced Graphics card for windows 10 suggestions: Hi All Just joined Tenforums and was wondering if anyone might be able to direct me to some info about graphics cards. I have the hardware below that runs Win 7 Ultimate fine, but I'm planning on doing a fresh install of Win 10 Pro on this PC: Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3 (Circa...
  10. graphics cards

graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...