Windows 10: Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning"

Discus and support Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, Is there a reg/batch script or group policy to turn off this annoying screen in Windows 10? [img] I know it can be disabled somewehre... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Martinz, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Martinz Win User

Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning"

Hi guys,
    Is there a reg/batch script or group policy to turn off this annoying screen in Windows 10?

Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning" [​IMG]

I know it can be disabled somewehre in IE options but I need it to be a a script or something.

:)

Martinz, Mar 27, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Mar 27, 2016
  3. st2567E72 Win User
    OPEN File - Security Warning

Window 10

When I try to open a shortcut pointing to an executable on a Network Storage device (DROBO5N) on my network I get the following message:

How do I disable this warning message. Local shortcuts work fine.

st2567E72, Mar 27, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Try this reg to ignore warning for .exe;.bat;.cmd;.vbs:
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\{E2F13B98-650F-47DB-845A-420A1ED34EC7}User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations] "LowRiskFileTypes"=".exe;.bat;.cmd;.vbs" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations] "LowRiskFileTypes"=".exe;.bat;.cmd;.vbs"[/quote]

topgundcp, Mar 27, 2016
  5. Martinz Win User
    Hmm cool! Thanks.
    I just applied it but had no effect. I guess it need a restart to apply.

Martinz, Mar 27, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 27, 2016
  7. Silvera Win User
    I'm trying to get Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 but all links to keep going to other things. Does it exist somewhere ligament for downloading?

Silvera, Jan 14, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Silvera, *Smile

If you're trying to open Registry Editor, see if opening its .exe file directly at C:\Windows\regedit.exe may work.

Brink, Jan 14, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    When I save a key I right-click the file and choose Edit. It comes up with this example text:
    So basically Registry Editor 5 is built into the latest RTM version of Win10. Usually when functions don't work properly/as expected things have gotten changed by an infection but so far I've been able to avoid a clean reinstall.

Berton, Jan 14, 2017
  10. Silvera Win User
    Thank you Both for your quick response. I keep been sent to another area away from this thread.

Silvera, Jan 14, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 14, 2017
  12. Silvera Win User
    The last automatic update from Microsoft really messed up my machine! The error message never occurred before it. I tried to get to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\ but the tree root (since it progressed down) for me only went to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\. So I tried the other line [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations] and that stopped at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\.

I'm think that MS 's latest "update" did a lot of registry changes.

Silvera, Jan 14, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

This would be normal if you haven't already set the group policies that would add those keys and values to the registry.

Brink, Jan 14, 2017
  14. Silvera Win User
    I guess I do not understand enough. I only did Regestry editing that was given to me on the forum. I program/write databases in MS office and use Excel spreadsheets basic tracking and loading tables in a database. I have no idea what a group policy is. If I could reset the machine back to before the last MS update I would but they automatic. I was not given a choice.

Silvera, Jan 14, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's ok. To help clarify for everyone, which registry editing did you use and apply?

In addition, what error message are you trying to get rid of?

If you mean for the "Open-File Security Warning" message, then you could use the download in step 5 of OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to disable it.

Open File Security Warning - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Jan 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning" - Similar Threads - Reg batch disable

2. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  3. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  4. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": How to disable this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-this-security-message-open-file/180ff989-b733-43cb-949c-20cf04bed0c6
  6. Open File - Security Warning ~ how to remove

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open File - Security Warning ~ how to remove: Hi all, If I save a file such as an image to my hard drive, when I open it later from explorer I get the pop-up box for a Security Warning. It's obvious why, just protecting me from bad guys. However, this box requires me to unclick 'Always ask before opening this file'...
  7. When you open a file there's a "security warning". I always uncheck/disable this, but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When you open a file there's a "security warning". I always uncheck/disable this, but it...: When you open a file there's a "security warning". I always uncheck/disable this, but it keeps doing that every time. Is this unchecking per app/company? How do you do a global uncheck/disable of this? Thanks! submitted by /u/happypuppy100 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I disable Open File - security warnings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable Open File - security warnings?: I want to disable security warnings when I open new files I download. I already know if I go to internet options in the control panel and change the security settings for different "zones", I can do that, but for some reason setting a custom level for these zones is greyed...
  9. Import reg file in a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Import reg file in a batch file: Hi, i've a reg file to mod windows 10 that works properly, but if i import it in a batch file it doesn't work. this is the reg file i've called Windows10.reg Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  10. Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder: Hi I found this, which I added to the registry but the right click option to unblock files / folders hasnt appeared any help please [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\unblockfile]@=”Unblock file”[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\unblockfile\command]@=”cmd /c streams -d...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .reg file to disable open file security

2. group policy open file - security warning we cant verify who created this file