Windows 10: Regaining Administrator Access

Discus and support Regaining Administrator Access in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't seem to download anything because I no longer have permission. I'll try to set up a bootable drive from my Mac and plug... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by miza84, Sep 8, 2016.

1. miza84 Win User

Regaining Administrator Access

Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't seem to download anything because I no longer have permission. I'll try to set up a bootable drive from my Mac and plug it in once it's ready.

Wish I knew how I ended up in this mess...

miza84, Sep 8, 2016
  2. simrick Win User

This sounds to me like an infection of some sort. I suggest you download Kyhi's bootable PE rescue media and run a Malwarebytes scan on your system. Update the virus definitions and be sure to select Custom Scan and select the box to scan for rootkits (it's unchecked by default).
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Sep 8, 2016
  3. simrick Win User
    You can format the USB to FAT32 on the MAC, download Kyhi's PE ISO onto the MAC, mount the ISO to see the files in it, and copy the files over to the USB stick. Then boot the Windows system to the USB stick and run Malwarebytes.

simrick, Sep 8, 2016
  4. miza84 Win User

Thanks a bunch, everyone! I'll try to get the PE rescue media first. If that doesn't work I'll have to boot back up from the USB.

miza84, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Vesao Win User
    Or burn the ISO file to CD using the built-in Disk Utility on your Mac.
    As far as I know, just copy the contents of the ISO file to USB and it might doesn't work.

Vesao, Sep 8, 2016
  6. miza84 Win User
    It appears I have fixed the problem.

I accessed command prompt and typed "shutdown /r /o". From there, I went into safe mode, and was able to restore administrative access to my main account. Everything seems to more or less work.

miza84, Sep 9, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Good news. *Smile I hope everything's working properly now for you. If you're satisfied, please go ahead and mark the thread as solved. Cheers!

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Regaining Administrator Access - Similar Threads - Regaining Administrator Access

2. Regain access to Onedrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regain access to Onedrive: Hackers have access to my passwords and have secured access to my Onedrive account, but not my Microsoft account. I am entirely blocked out of my Onedrive and cannot log in. Now I am getting notifications that my account is so full that I cannot use my email unless I buy more...
  3. Regain access to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regain access to Onedrive: Hackers have access to my passwords and have secured access to my Onedrive account, but not my Microsoft account. I am entirely blocked out of my Onedrive and cannot log in. Now I am getting notifications that my account is so full that I cannot use my email unless I buy more...
  4. Regain access to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to regain access to pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain access to pc?: I was unable to connect to wifiongoing issue so in efforts to troubleshoot i disabled all startup programs. Now I'm unable to login as my finger print reader doesn't work and the pin doesn't work. I'm in panic mode at this point because of all my files on this laptop. I'm...
  6. How to regain access to pc?

How to regain access to pc?: I was unable to connect to wifiongoing issue so in efforts to troubleshoot i disabled all startup programs. Now I'm unable to login as my finger print reader doesn't work and the pin doesn't work. I'm in panic mode at this point because of all my files on this laptop. I'm...
  7. How to regain access to my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain access to my files?: HP Sure Sense is tagging my files as malware and preventing me access from them, I can in no way find a way to re-access them. When I try to uninstall HP Sure Sense by removing 'HP Sure Sense Installer' as HP suggests doing on their support page, it displays the following...
  8. How to regain access to my files?

How to regain access to my files?: HP Sure Sense is tagging my files as malware and preventing me access from them, I can in no way find a way to re-access them. When I try to uninstall HP Sure Sense by removing 'HP Sure Sense Installer' as HP suggests doing on their support page, it displays the following...
  9. How to regain access to my files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. regaining access of a folder owned by System

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    regaining access of a folder owned by System: Hi One of my family members has installed Your Phone on my pc in order to remotely control my pc. I believe they are using it to remotely copy teamviewer or equivulent on my pc. Despite trying to uninstall it it's still on my pc and they have manually locked me out of the...