Windows 10: Regarding watching video from ACER Hard Drive USB Device.

Discus and support Regarding watching video from ACER Hard Drive USB Device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I don't know if anyone has post about this matter before but I already tried googling it a bit and didn't find any solution to my problem ><;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nami, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Nami Win User

Regarding watching video from ACER Hard Drive USB Device.

Hello, I don't know if anyone has post about this matter before but I already tried googling it a bit and didn't find any solution to my problem ><;

So, after upgrading to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) whenever I pause and play the video again it will freeze for a few minutes and the video will fast forward.

I thought it's because of the player, so I change to 5KPlayer (previously PotPlayer) but still no luck. Sometimes, whenever I open my hard drive ( H: ) it will freeze and stop responding.

I hope there is a solution to this problem *cry. Thank you in advance and please excuse my poor grammar.

:)

2. Brand New USB Hard Drive Not Accessible on Windows 10

This problem due to a Drive Letter missing

Please use this useful video...

USB Hard Drive not Accessible on Windows 10

Infovision Media, Jan 31, 2016
  3. pandrao Win User
    How can I access my external hard drive in Windows 10?

I just bought an Acer Aspire E 15 laptop using Windows 10. I started moving files from my old HP laptop running Windows 7. I used my
    Seagate® Backup Plus Slim 2TB Portable External Hard Drive, USB 3.0, Black.
    Specifically, I copied the files from the HP laptop onto the hard drive. I then plugged the hard drive into the Acer, and started copying the files from the hard drive into the new computer. There seemed to be no problem. First, I copied
    the documents. Then the pictures. Then the music. Then I started on the videos. Things seemed to be working when I got the error message that one of the files no longer existed. I entered "Skip" and the hard drive disappeared. On the Acer I now have
    the files I had gotten copied, but only a fraction of the videos, and I can no longer access the disk drive.

I've run the complete troubleshooting option in Windows 10, and restarted the computer as instructed by the option. No change. I can see the drive under the Disk Management setting, which says that the drive is working fine. At one point (sorry if I'm
    vague, but I've spent HOURS on this nonsense, and seeing from this community that accessing external hard drives has been a problem for Windows 10 for over two years, I really think this is inexcusable), I got to a screen that showed the hard drive, but said
    it had to be initialized. Since I can always go back and recopy the files from the HP, I tried to initialize the drive. The procedure failed because of an "I/O error".

Here's another procedure. I go to "Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Devices and Printers". The external hard drive shows up as "BUP Slim". When I right click and select "Properties", I get a box that shows "Device Functions", and lists two: the "Seagate
    BUP Slim", and "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Compatible Device". The properties of each say that each is working properly. When I go to "Events" for the BUP Slim, I get a list of things that happened apparently while I was trying and failing to access the drive:
    "Device configured", "Device started (disk)", and so on. So something is happening with the hard drive. How the dickens can I use the thing? If Windows 10 does not allow backups off the computer, there's a serious problem here.

pandrao, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Regarding watching video from ACER Hard Drive USB Device.

Hello Nami Welcome to the Ten Forums!

One thing I have learned over the years is never expect to play any video file even a Youtube clip that could be downloaded from any secondary drive especially from any usb or drive in a usb enclosure since the sluggishness can be unbearable! The problem with playback become too apparent when you see dropoffs and freeze ups during playback due to this.

The best possible performance is at least seeing the file on the main C drive for playback if not planning to keep any files there as video files will tend to chew up hard drive space. But by having the files on the main drive especially here where video is captured live for temp storage on C and then backed up on a secondary storage drive for so long which includes surveillance footage from testing security systems as well as analog captures since digital is most easier to simply upload from a camera.

The end result however is what you are looking for there as far as smooth playback free of issues as well as getting the best viewing!

Night Hawk, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

Regarding watching video from ACER Hard Drive USB Device.

1. Regarding watching video from ACER Hard Drive USB Device. - Similar Threads - Regarding watching video

2. Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives: I have Windows 7 Ultimate computer and copied MP4 videos from my hard drive to Lenovo USB flash drives that I recently purchased which are 1TB and 500GB in size. When I go to play the movies I get a pop up message saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. etc... This...
  3. Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives: I have Windows 7 Ultimate computer and copied MP4 videos from my hard drive to Lenovo USB flash drives that I recently purchased which are 1TB and 500GB in size. When I go to play the movies I get a pop up message saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. etc... This...
  4. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding a hard drive problem: Hi!!I have a hp pavilion p214dx. It's about 6 years old now and I haven't changed any hardware of the laptop. Now I hear a small clicking noise when i keep my ear close to it. so I downloaded crystal disk info and here wt it shows. Please explain to me wt it shows. I will be...
  5. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding a hard drive problem: Hi!!I have a hp pavilion p214dx. It's about 6 years old now and I haven't changed any hardware of the laptop. Now I hear a small clicking noise when i keep my ear close to it. so I downloaded crystal disk info and here wt it shows. Please explain to me wt it shows. I will be...
  6. Regarding a hard drive problem

7. USB Drives no longer functional on ACER laptop - but USB devices work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drives no longer functional on ACER laptop - but USB devices work?: Hi, Hoping someone has run across this particular issue and has a fix because it's not something any of the standard recommended steps I've taken have remedied. I've tried resetting fast start up, I've gone into USB properties and disabled the sleep feature. I've been through...
  8. Help regarding hard drive....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help regarding hard drive....: So my laptop went through hardrive test before booting into windows and it took it's own time I didn't worry about it and carried on...... It still works fine TBH. So to clear my suspicion I did a diagnostic test it spit out some code and told me to check in HP website, which...
  9. Regarding External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding External hard drive: Hello everyone, May you all help me with one thing? My external hard drive normally worked as usual. However, it stopped showing in my computer since many days ago even though I try to plug it in every port and even try to initialize it. Yet it still does not work. All your...
  10. How watch videos backed up to hard drive?

How watch videos backed up to hard drive?: Hi folks the absolute IMO 100% easiest way for watching videos or listening to music from HDD is simply to install KODI - it will play things that VLC won't even do at times. Also KODI works on phones, tablets etc too. If you have an amazon fire TV stick you can...