Windows 10: Regarding Windows Recovery Partition

Discus and support Regarding Windows Recovery Partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, as you all know there is a bug in window system image backup restore which is made using windows's inbuilt backup utility. But somehow i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ryan1991, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Ryan1991 Win User

Regarding Windows Recovery Partition

Hi guys, as you all know there is a bug in window system image backup restore which is made using windows's inbuilt backup utility. But somehow i managed to restore my SIB using a method mentioned in Microsoft community but that method works only to restore the C: drive from your SIB, so now i have a working machine with everything from that SIB expect the recovery and efi partition from old backup.

And now if i try to reset my pc it says there was a problem resetting your pc and even i cannot use windows recovery because it asks me to login from a administration account which i already am. I think these issues are happening because i have a current system running without its original recovery partition.

So the thing i want to know is that, is there a method or procedure from which i can replace the files in my current recovery partition with the original recovery partition that i have in the SIB that i created earlier using windows inbuilt backup utility.

:)

Ryan1991, Mar 9, 2018

2. Move hidden OEM Windows Recovery Partition from on Hard disk to another Disk (HDD or SSD)

Hi,

You have to perform following steps

* Open AOMEI Partition Assistant.

* If the recovery partition is between the partition you want to extend and the unallocated space, just right click on the recovery partition and select Move Partition.

* Then you preview the partition layout after moving recovery partition in Windows 10. Now click Apply to apply changes.

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Mar 9, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - ID Old Partitions for Deletion

Hi Bull,

You can delete the 12.6GB Recovery Partition - that is the original Recovery Partition

With regards to the other 3 Recovery Partitions (265MB, 451MB and 1000MB) it would be impossible to know which 2 of these Windows 10 is actually using - either way these 2 only take up about 1.7GB in total . . .

DaveM121, Mar 9, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

I once restored a recovery partition I accidently deleted from a Reflect backup which worked. You might need to run the command reagentc / enable from an admin command prompt.

Steve C, Mar 9, 2018
  5. Ryan1991 Win User
    Would you mind sharing the instructions how you did it. I mean where you put the backed up recovery partation and other stuff. Thanks

Ryan1991, Mar 9, 2018
  6. Steve C Win User
    I used MiniTool Partition Wizard Free to shrink the C: system partition by 450Mb which is the size of my recovery partition. This left 450MB free space at the end of the drive which is the current recommended location for the recovery partition. I then restored the recovery partition to that free space from my Reflect backup.

Steve C, Mar 9, 2018
  7. Cliff S New Member
    First try opening an admin command prompt and running reagentc /info and see if your recovery partition is activated.

Regarding Windows Recovery Partition [​IMG]

If not, try running reagentc /enable to enable it.

If that fails, recreate your recovery partition using a copy of WinRE in C:\Windows\System32\Recovery, by following these instructions: Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10 - Page 4 - Windows 10 Tutorials

Cliff S, Mar 9, 2018
  8. Cliff S New Member

Ryan, if you have Win10 Pro 1709 16299.xxx installed, I can upload a copy of the WinRe for you.

Cliff S, Mar 9, 2018
  9. Ryan1991 Win User
    Yes i have the same window copy that you have mentioned. But just a question, by following the procedure you had mentioned in your previous post would i be able to rewrite the recovery partation i want to on top of the existing recovery partation?

Ryan1991, Mar 9, 2018
  10. Cliff S New Member
    As long as you have the recovery partition and EFI partition, and they're the same windows version, another words 162999.xxx in this case, recovery just needs to be reactivated and relinked.

If you are missing those two, then you need another solution.

No need to re-write anything, just activating.

Cliff S, Mar 9, 2018
  11. Ryan1991 Win User
    My recovery partationie from windows version 1699.192

Ryan1991, Mar 9, 2018
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Mar 9, 2018
  13. Ryan1991 Win User

Thanks mate. Will do and report back to you in some time when i get home.

Ryan1991, Mar 9, 2018
  14. Ryan1991 Win User
    I see. The thing is you created the system image backup using Reflect and that why you was able to restore the recovery partition from that SIB using reflect, but for me, i created the SIB using windows inbuilt backup utility and that's why i wont be able to restore the recovery partition using macrium reflect.

Ryan1991, Mar 9, 2018
  15. Ryan1991 Win User
    @Cliff S i have downloaded the file you sent me what am i suppose to do next? Just a heads up, i ran the reagentc /info ​command and my recovery partition is already activated.

Ryan1991, Mar 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Regarding Windows Recovery Partition - Similar Threads - Regarding Recovery Partition

2. regarding recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regarding recovery partition: how to create windows recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-recovery-partition/a9452104-8172-4faf-8497-26354e1cd7eb
  3. regarding recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regarding recovery partition: how to create windows recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-recovery-partition/a9452104-8172-4faf-8497-26354e1cd7eb
  4. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  5. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  6. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Recovery Partition

Windows Recovery Partition: As you can see in the image below, the Recovery partition automatically revealed itself. Now I want to hide it but there is now that I can do that. There is only a 'Help' option in Disk Management to that partition. I try to do that through CMD using Diskpart but when...
  8. Recovery Partition on Windows

Recovery Partition on Windows: Hi, I'm using Acer Predator Triton 500 and I had an issue regarding not being able to launch the factory default Predator Sense App. After trying every solution, I tried to restore the system to a time the app was functioning. In the process, an error occurred and I could no...
  9. Regarding Disk partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding Disk partition: Hi all, I am trying to Partition my disk in my desktop , i have 2 partitions in my Disk-0 (C-drive and D-drive), i have successfully shrinked my D-drive from disk management and it has created a unallocated space of 20 GB When i am trying to create a New partition with...
  10. Questions regarding the Windows Recovery Environment partition (WinRe)

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions regarding the Windows Recovery Environment partition (WinRe): These questions may be plainly obvious to many. However before now I have never copied partitions to a new drive and am approaching all of this from a position of ignorance. I recently installed a 250gb mSata SSD into my laptop meant to boot the operating system while the...