Windows 10: RegEdit Editing synaptics setting - resets to default after login

Discus and support RegEdit Editing synaptics setting - resets to default after login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have searched all over the google and have not found yet why after logging into Windows, Synaptic setting Code: Windows Registry Editor Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoQsc, Mar 23, 2017.

1. BoQsc Win User

RegEdit Editing synaptics setting - resets to default after login

I have searched all over the google and have not found yet why after logging into Windows, Synaptic setting
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP]"MouseSpeedLevel"=dword:0000000c[/quote] Goes back to setting that was set manualy from Synaptic's pointing device settings.

I need it to be done using regkey or any other script-like way, so that I won't need to do it manualy.

:)

BoQsc, Mar 23, 2017

2. TouchPad Scroll Icon Stuck on Screen after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi... can you please give more details? I could find the synaptics in regedit, but it says "default".Don't know how to edit it further.

Thanks

Sudarshan

SudarshanKolar, Mar 23, 2017
  3. ~Skyfall Win User
    Disable Pinch Zoom Permanently

Hi there,

There seems to be an issue with the latest Synaptics driver resetting user settings on reboot. There's a workaround till Synaptics updates and fixes the issue:

• Hit Win + R > type "regedit" > hit OK. This will open Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install.
    • In the Install folder, you will find a key called DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade. Double-click on this key.
    • Set the value to 0. Click OK.
    • Go to Synaptics settings and set everything to the way you want. Reboot the computer.

~Skyfall, Mar 23, 2017
  4. RegEdit Editing synaptics setting - resets to default after login

Hi BoQsc. Welcome to the TenForums @BoQsc

I'm going to step on thin ice here. Have you tried using an older driver for your device, something the manufacture produced fro 8.1 or early 10. If not i owuld give it a try and see if this fixes the issue.

I would create a restore point and given the issue people have been having around System Restore I would also recommend having an Image. Macrium Reflect is a recommended product and there is a tutorial on the forum. You shouldn't need either but you always need a plan B.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 24, 2017
Thema:

RegEdit Editing synaptics setting - resets to default after login

1. RegEdit Editing synaptics setting - resets to default after login - Similar Threads - RegEdit Editing synaptics

2. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  3. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  4. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Potential problems after ProfileImagePath edit on regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Potential problems after ProfileImagePath edit on regedit: Hi, I tried changing the name of my user folder and edited the ProfileImagePath value on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList in regedit. Immediately upon doing so, the Start menu became really slow and the search wouldn't work. After...
  6. How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset REGEDIT to default in Windows 10: In this post, we will show you how to reset the Registry Editor window position, size, etc. to its default settings in Windows 10. Before you begin, close the Registry Editor, create a system restore point and then run the reg file that we have given below as a download....
  7. Will Factory Resetting my PC will reset to default my REGEDIT settings and Command prompt...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Factory Resetting my PC will reset to default my REGEDIT settings and Command prompt...: I kind of messed up and watched different videos of boosting my pc and I feel stupid, I want to reset all my REGEDIT settings and Command prompt commands i've used, will a factory reset through "Reset this PC" will do this ? submitted by /u/markrk12 [link] [comments]...
  8. Change Regedit "*.reg" default from Merge to Edit

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Regedit "*.reg" default from Merge to Edit: After upgrading to Win10, the default action for *.reg moved to "Merge" (in Win8 I had set it to "Edit", but don't recall how). What's the trick? If I associate *.reg with Notepad, I totally lose the "merge" capability in the context menu, so that's not the answer... I want...
  9. Regedit Defaults

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Regedit Defaults: Hello, i recently changed a few settings in regedit after been recommended. I have removed the restore point *Mad I'm looking for every default setting in Multimedia folder. In total 11 folders. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1803. OS build: 17143.753...
  10. Setting default login account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting default login account...: Forgive all the 'newbie' questions. Is there a way to set a certain account to be the default account when booting up? I'd like MY account to be the one that is waiting to be logged in when the system starts. Is this possible? If so, How? 52891

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad synaptics reset defaults regedit