Regedit Same Address Different Keys

Discus and support Regedit Same Address Different Keys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What am I missing. I have two instances of Regedit running and I go to the same address but different keys show in each instance. How is that even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tracit99, Jul 23, 2018.

1. tracit99 Win User

What am I missing. I have two instances of Regedit running and I go to the same address but different keys show in each instance. How is that even possible? It is like two different machines and two different registries, but both instances of Regedit are from the same machine. I must be overlooking something. Any explanation for this issue is most welcomed.

Regedit Same Address Different Keys [​IMG]

:)

tracit99, Jul 23, 2018
  2. justinmreina Win User

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    • Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    • Enter key in address bar
    • Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    • Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! *Smile

justinmreina, Jul 23, 2018
  3. njnitehawk Win User
    difference in regedit than the instructions

oh boy
    you better explain that one to me

i just followed your steps to get me C:\User\Frank
    never did anything else in regedit

njnitehawk, Jul 23, 2018
  4. RDrewD2 Win User

How to find--regedit

Just type regedit in your search Windows/Cortana box and hit return, or click it at the top of the results list.
    Or hit Windows key + R and in the box, type
    regedit and hit return or OK. Or in file explorer click to This PC> C:> Windows> regedit.

RDrewD2, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Regedit Same Address Different Keys - Similar Threads - Regedit Same Address

2. activte my windows and prodcut key

in Windows 10 Customization
    activte my windows and prodcut key: activte my windows and prodcut key activte my windows and prodcut key activte my windows and prodcut key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/activte-my-windows-and-prodcut-key/b15faf13-12ff-4005-b31f-d8ddbc409087
  3. regedit

regedit: Hi When try to run regedit I now get the following message please could someone give me a solution as I've been unable to resolve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/regedit/2051bdd6-6232-49fa-b2d1-1ee8b5f1ef18
  4. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...
  5. Backup Key

Backup Key: Is a backup key useless/even possible if I have my microsoft account linked with signing into my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-key/d27fcf92-e2a6-422b-a9a7-fe64b3970f29
  6. Lenovo MIIX 320-10ICR , Bitlocker keys not in Microsoft account

Lenovo MIIX 320-10ICR , Bitlocker keys not in Microsoft account: Newly bought 2 in 1 Laptop. Noticed that a upgrade was recommended by vendor. After downloading the BIO upgrade the PC screens requested the Bitlocker keys due to the upgrade. Since this was the first time no printed or backup was made of the key in the PC locally and is not...
  7. will microsft be able to help me locate my laptop trough the mac address and or serial number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    will microsft be able to help me locate my laptop trough the mac address and or serial number: if i have the serial number of mylaptop would microsoft be able or help me locate my computer even if they factory reset the laptop the serial number cant changed and that is something that microsoft collects ?>...
  8. Why did my Windows Spotlight get stuck on the same picture?

Why did my Windows Spotlight get stuck on the same picture?: My Windows Spotlight was working fine, I clicked on "like it" for the 'vote' for the picture, now it is stuck on the same picture for weeks! The picture used to change every couple of days at least....
  9. Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.: This is an issue I just discovered. I have a folder on my desktop that is 10.8GB. It has many files and folders inside of it. When I hover my mouse over it, it shows the correct total size of the contents of the folder i.e. 10.8GB. However, if I right click the folder and go...
  10. "Generic" Difference Between Samsung/ Toshiba 128GB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Generic" Difference Between Samsung/ Toshiba 128GB SSD: I'm looking at this model as a 2nd backup moderately inexpensive notebook. I also have about a $100.00 credit at Best Buy which is factoring in my decision. Notebook will be used for very light browsing and downloading. Not worried about size of SSD. I am also aware that the...