Windows 10: Regedit Same Address Different Keys

Discus and support Regedit Same Address Different Keys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What am I missing. I have two instances of Regedit running and I go to the same address but different keys show in each instance. How is that even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tracit99, Jul 23, 2018.

1. tracit99 Win User

Regedit Same Address Different Keys

What am I missing. I have two instances of Regedit running and I go to the same address but different keys show in each instance. How is that even possible? It is like two different machines and two different registries, but both instances of Regedit are from the same machine. I must be overlooking something. Any explanation for this issue is most welcomed.

Regedit Same Address Different Keys [​IMG]

:)

tracit99, Jul 23, 2018

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    • Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    • Enter key in address bar
    • Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    • Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! *Smile

justinmreina, Jul 23, 2018
  3. difference in regedit than the instructions

oh boy
    you better explain that one to me

i just followed your steps to get me C:\User\Frank
    never did anything else in regedit

njnitehawk, Jul 23, 2018
  4. RDrewD2 Win User

How to find--regedit

Just type regedit in your search Windows/Cortana box and hit return, or click it at the top of the results list.
    Or hit Windows key + R and in the box, type
    regedit and hit return or OK. Or in file explorer click to This PC> C:> Windows> regedit.

RDrewD2, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Regedit Same Address Different Keys - Similar Threads - Regedit Same Address

2. Can we use different keys for the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we use different keys for the same Microsoft account?: Hi,I have a laptop which came along with an OEM version of Windows 11, and a desktop which I'm planning to buy a pro version of Windows 11 from a retailer. I'll use the same Microsoft account to sign in both of them. Is it okay to use different Windows keys for the same...
  3. Regedit Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regedit Key: Is is Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\UEFI\ESRT\{6246273b-248e-4da8-ac6b-b173178607cc}\version decimal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regedit-key/9a445763-564f-41ab-853f-02317a726688
  4. Different email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different email address: Sometimes when I send an email with the mail app my address gets changed to something like this: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** When people try to reply they get an error message!! Can someone help? Thanks...
  5. Same Product IDs, Different Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Same Product IDs, Different Keys: Hello, We have two Lenovo P330 Windows 10 Pro boxes with embedded keys. After setting up one of the units, we decided to clone it to the other new PC. The activation worked without issues, and I'm seeing the proper keys, but the product IDs are matching. This is causing...
  6. Are keys the same or different under CurrentVersion\Explorer vs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Are keys the same or different under CurrentVersion\Explorer vs...: There is a key under ...\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer that I want to change or add in order to get the Taskbar behave after reboot. But My Windows 10 OS does not have the ...\CurrentVersion\Policies folder showing in regedit. Will it have the same effect if I change...
  7. ProduKey is showing the same key after a clean install and activation with a different key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ProduKey is showing the same key after a clean install and activation with a different key: My laptop originally came with Windows 7, but I later bought and upgraded it to Windows 8.1 using a different product key, which I then upgraded to Windows 10 for free. I eventually lost both the Windows 7 product key sticker and 8.1 box. Now I'm selling this laptop, so the...
  8. aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)????: [ATTACH] I can see different local addresses for for different PIDs. I seems starnge. PIDs are definitely supposed to have different ports, but why the different IP addresses? Is it that my machine has multiple IP addresses?? which is impossible if I'm not wrong...
  9. Win 10 install on two different drives with same Win key in same computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 install on two different drives with same Win key in same computer?: I have a Win 10 computer (legal upgrade from Win 7) that gives me terrible problems booting up, re-starting, or shutting down. I would repair the install but I'd lose all/many of my other programs. So what I want to do is have a fresh Windows 10 bare install on a second...
  10. cannot delete key in regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete key in regedit: tried to delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360TotalSecurity Thought I had removed 360 Total Security from pc running Win 10. But it still appears in Task Manager as a Background process. Keep receiving message error while deleting key. My account set up as Administrator....