Windows 10: regedit search broken again 14393.105

Discus and support regedit search broken again 14393.105 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just noticed regedit search is broken again like it was before. If you search for something that is not found it hangs. I tried regseeker to search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Ztruker Win User

regedit search broken again 14393.105

Just noticed regedit search is broken again like it was before. If you search for something that is not found it hangs.
    I tried regseeker to search and it also hung at 97%.

:)

Ztruker, Sep 2, 2016
  2. MasterDav Win User

Can't run msc or regedit from start menu search (cortana)

Well...

This time I didn't touch either user files or Windows search, and running msc/regedit from start menu search is broken again.

The cause is elsewhere.

Still digging...

MasterDav, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Disconnecting the internet breaks start menu search?

This is not helpful at all, the search feature is broken because it doesn't work without the internet. One cannot type "command" and expect "Command Prompt" or "regedit" to get regedit to open. There should NEVER be a need to connect to the internet
    to find things on the local computer. All workarounds DO NOT FIX THE ISSUE, they are hacks for Microsoft's breaking of the product, it has worked in all pre-cloud versions of Windows.

Alfred_929, Sep 2, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Not here Ztruker. Finished OK. Just quick question: where do you see %

Edit: never mind the % question - it's from regseeker *Smile
    And I'm on Insider, latest

Edit2: Checked on AU .105 and it works OK too.

AndreTen, Sep 2, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Yup, just tried it on IP 14915 and it works okay there. Anniversary + updates 14393.105 does not work, goes non responsive and you can't even Cancel it. Have to kill it via Task Manager.

Ztruker, Sep 4, 2016
  6. DooGie Win User
    Working fine here on 14393.105. So many random bugs cropping up on Windows 10 since the Anniversary update though.
    It looks like a case of rushing it out to meet the date *Sad

DooGie, Sep 4, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I'll try the DISM/SFC stuff and see what happens.

Ztruker, Sep 4, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Nope, no difference, still hangs.

Ztruker, Sep 4, 2016
  9. Gort Win User
    regedit search is working fine for me with 14393.105. Tried with search terms that weren't found and also that were found (using F3 to continue searching till the end), and they both worked as expected.

Gort, Sep 4, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Hmmmm, could I have a corrupted registry? When I get time, I'll try it in a Virtual Machine.

Edit: I tried it again and let it run, took almost 7 minutes then it finally completed with not found.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. regedit search broken again 14393.105 - Similar Threads - regedit search broken

2. Search Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Broken: When ever I press windows key and type my app name to search nothing just happen and edge is highlighted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-broken/d038d244-82fc-4d85-9887-06a3d5c930eb
  3. Search Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Broken: When ever I press windows key and type my app name to search nothing just happen and edge is highlighted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-broken/d038d244-82fc-4d85-9887-06a3d5c930eb
  4. regedit is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regedit is broken: Hello i upgraded my computer from win10 -> win11 but when i was trying to log into my fb i have 2fa here i saw that there is win10 then i opened regedit and there is that i have win10 but im using win11 can u help me how to update it or something...
  5. regedit is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regedit is broken: Hello i upgraded my computer from win10 -> win11 but when i was trying to log into my fb i have 2fa here i saw that there is win10 then i opened regedit and there is that i have win10 but im using win11 can u help me how to update it or something...
  6. Search is broken

in Cortana
    Search is broken: My search no longer works making it difficult to open programs I don't have pinned. Before you link me to generic stuff, here's what I've tried already. Restarting Cortana and the windows search services, and rebooting Running the ResetWindowsSearchBox.psq script and...
  7. Search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search broken?: Some strangeness going on with my PC. I was having a problem with our HP printer, and kept getting an 'error state'. I could not remedy the problem, so I restored the system back to an earlier point yesterday. Now, I have noticed when in the Windows Settings, typing...
  8. regedit crashes when searching

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    regedit crashes when searching: On one of my Win10 systems regedit crashes on any search I try. Sometimes it will find a match but then continuing the search for another instance will eventually lead to a regedit crash. The symptom is that regedit looks active and the task manager shows that it is using 25%...
  9. Is DISM "broken" again?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is DISM "broken" again?: It looks like DISM may be having some issues again. I recently upgraded to version 1703 build 15063.447. Previously, both SFC and DISM reported no integrity issues. Now, SFC reports none and DISM says the component is repairable. Can anyone shed some light on this? I have...
  10. Regedit can't finish searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Regedit can't finish searching: Was trying to scan my registry using "find" in regedit. I click on Edit\Find and to look at Keys and Match whole string only for "Run". It will a few entries but when it gets to Local Machine\software\wow6432Node\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Run and I do a F3 to...