Windows 10: Region Resetting Not Working

Discus and support Region Resetting Not Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After doing a Dell Reset (W10 reinstall) my region shows as Afghanistan when I am really in United States and changing region does not get executed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rcten, Aug 29, 2017.

1. rcten Win User

Region Resetting Not Working

After doing a Dell Reset (W10 reinstall) my region shows as Afghanistan when I am really in United States and changing region does not get executed, nor am I allowed to add a language. W10 is all English, nevertheless.
    This is messing up my time of day when my zone is set to UTC -5:00 Eastern Time (USA & Canada).
    Need to fix this since I suspect it impacts other functions.
    Help?

:)

rcten, Aug 29, 2017

2. Call + SMS blocker filter not wokring

Yes.. Region Changed to US for cortana.

so what is next step?

shall i chage the region and reset phone again!!!

or just soft reset will work?

Krishna Parab, Aug 29, 2017
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    Resetting language and regions

Hi,

Thank you for providing more details about your concern. We would like to verify the exact build of the Windows 10 that you're using. To get this information, go to
    Windows Settings > System > About. You can also do this:

1. Hit Start.

2. Type winver.

3. Press Enter.

Meanwhile, if you only have one user account on your PC, try creating another local user or administrator account to check if the same issue persists. In this way, we can
    identify if the issue is related with a corrupted user profile.

Here are the steps on how to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

We look forward to your response.

Kris Ver, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Region Resetting Not Working

TairikuOkami, Aug 29, 2017
  5. rcten Win User
    This what I get back after pasting the cmd:
    Region Resetting Not Working [​IMG]

I have also set Privacy Location and turned Location Service to On

rcten, Aug 29, 2017
  6. Gordon7 Win User
    Right-click your start button and select CMD Promt (Admin) - see screenshot, - then copy paste again the hole CMD and
    click OK.

If it work this time without error - then you have log off and log back on - for changes to take effect.

Gordon7, Aug 29, 2017
  7. rcten Win User
    Still won't work.

I also signed out of this session and had to sign in again with my password

rcten, Aug 30, 2017
  8. Gordon7 Win User

Hey, your Win+X menu (my screenshot) is different from mine, because you run the Creators version of Windows, I'm still
    on the AU version (of my own choice) - so your problem is caused by a permission issue!

You have to run Windows PowerShell (Admin) then it should work.

Gordon7, Aug 30, 2017
  9. rcten Win User
    Windows PowerShell (Admin)

My Win+X window is slightly different than yours but I don't know how to take a picture of it with Snipping Tool. The first choice on top of the windows begins with "Apps and Features" instead of "Programs and Features".
    Thank so much to trying to help.

rcten, Aug 30, 2017
  10. Gordon7 Win User
    Gordon7, Aug 30, 2017
  11. rcten Win User
    None of the three, Settings, Control Panel or Registry Editor allowed me to change, country or region. I am surprised the Registry Editor didn't work either.
    Settings I can choose USA but it doesn't execute:

Control Panel. Region Change Location doesn't open another window:

Registry Editor. International doesn't have a sub for Geo, nor any of the others under Control Panel.

I am discovering that there are other issues after this Dell Reset. It's not a clean install of W10 as I hoped. It's missing some apps, KickStartUI doesn't start, Aps fail to open, Chrome opens with a black screen most of the time, etc. I come from pc which I put together and lasted many years to this Dell Desktop which has many quirks
    apparently.
    I need to find a way to clean install of W10 Home. What do you think?

rcten, Aug 31, 2017
  12. Gordon7 Win User
    If you have all your private files and programs backed up, then you could try a new reset via Dell's app.

Make a reboot first! Did you get any "Acces denied" prompt while working with the region settings?

You could allso try running " SFC /scannow " (without " "), then hit ENTER in a CMD (Admin).
    let it run, could take little while, it will tell
    you if it found something and the fix it makes. (PowerShell Admin can run the CMD).

Gordon7, Aug 31, 2017
  13. rcten Win User

No "Access Denied" via region settings, it just reverts to Afghanistan automatically.

rcten, Aug 31, 2017
  14. Gordon7 Win User
    Did you notice I update my last post just before your last post?

Let us now how it vent. If you want a "Clean install" you will loose evt. Dell applications and you own installed do.

Gordon7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Region Resetting Not Working - Similar Threads - Region Resetting Working

2. Mouse not working in a region of my pc screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working in a region of my pc screen.: My mouse is not working in a specific part of the screen which is the middle-upper right part. I don't find any issue because the pc is new, and I have done a reset also....
  3. Mouse not working in a region of my pc screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working in a region of my pc screen.: My mouse is not working in a specific part of the screen which is the middle-upper right part. I don't find any issue because the pc is new, and I have done a reset also....
  4. Country/Region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Country/Region: I want to buy minecraft windows 10 but I cannot change my country/region to Canada when as it is greyed out and locked as Us. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/countryregion/87298b0f-e9fb-44b3-83b1-80d535f47e02
  5. CORTANA NOT WORKING AFTER REGION CHANGE TOO

in Cortana
    CORTANA NOT WORKING AFTER REGION CHANGE TOO: Hi Mahroof here. i am using windows 10 home edition. i tried to use the function of cortana. unfortunately its doesnt work after region change as well. i need a solution. thank you...
  6. Microsoft Store Region Billing not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Region Billing not Working: I have bought things from Microsoft Store on this exact PC in CAD, and now it won't seem to let me change my country billing locked to USD. I have never changed my country and have always lived in Canada. I am trying to gift a game to a friend over email. If I try to gift...
  7. No region date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No region date: I work on server 2012 clients cant work bcuz of region time and date it needs to be dd/mm/yyyy but that aint an option region is dutch and so is the language submitted by /u/Saibotnl1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ew56qt/no_region_date/
  8. Changing region

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing region: Hey, I'm having problems changing the country/region when filling the shipping category. It's on USA and it won't let to change it to anything else. I'd be very glad if somebody could help....
  9. DVD Regions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Regions: So I can only change the DVD region setting 3 times ?? How can that still be? Is there a way around this restriction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-regions/e47ab9aa-5388-4349-b5ac-f6606cc5beb0
  10. Region and language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Region and language: I want to change my language to English, however when I go to the Region and Language section nothing appears what can i do to fix this? Here is a screenshot to see what happens [ATTACH]...