Windows 10: Registration Entry not executable from mapped network drive

Discus and support Registration Entry not executable from mapped network drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Hope someone knows a quick fix, this is a weird one. Win10 (obviously). Registry-File on a network share. If I execute it without mapped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kosta, Jul 31, 2016.

1. kosta Win User

Registration Entry not executable from mapped network drive

Hello,

Hope someone knows a quick fix, this is a weird one.

Win10 (obviously).
    Registry-File on a network share.
    If I execute it without mapped drive (ie directly through the share) - OK.
    If I map the share to a letter, and try to execute:
    Registry Editor
    Cannot import O:\test.reg: Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error.

I am a user and a member of the local Administrators group.
    UAC is turned off.

..and: I can execute executable files normally. Some need Admin rights, but not all.

Had previously Win7->Win10 upgrade, now decided to install clean.

Many thanks afront.

BR

:)

kosta, Jul 31, 2016

2. Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive

I receive the following error when I try to disconnect from a self mapped network drive: "network connection does not exist"

The network drive icon appears with a bid red x and says it is disconnected, yet I can double click on it to enter the mapped folder. Doing this does not reconnect the folder, and remains disconnected. This causes problems because programs that pointed
    to this path are unable to read the files. I am unable to remap this drive because the associated drive letter (ERegistration Entry not executable from mapped network drive :) and mapping no longer shows up in the list.

I've tried all the typical suggestions including:

--I tried to do it via the command prompt with the net use delete command, but it can't be found in there.

--Tried to above with the actual network path instead of the drive letter, did not work

--Tried to delete the registry entries from:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

HKEY_USERS\. Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Mountpoint2\

None of these solutions worked. Though deleting the registry entries momentarily hid the disconnected drive, the drive letter was still not available for mapping. I tried to force the drive letter (ERegistration Entry not executable from mapped network drive :) to map to my optical drive, which worryingly, pointed
    back to the mapped network location on the NAS instead of to the optical drive.

How do I get rid of this? Reformatting the computer is not an option.

RMI_Howard, Jul 31, 2016
  3. KL_7 Win User
    Cannot Map Drive using Windows Explorer after Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7

This is occurring on 2 out of 3 upgrades that I have performed in the last week. The only one that works correctly is a VM where I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

The two that are failing are Lenovo Laptops that were upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

The issue:

I cannot map a network drive using Windows Explorer. The resource that I am mapping to is through a VPN connection.

When I try to map the drive, I do the following:

1 - Establish the VPN connection

2 - Open Windows Explorer

3 - Right Click on "This PC" and choose "Map Network Drive"

4 - Choose a Drive Letter (have tried multiple letters)

5 - Enter the network path and share name

6 - "Reconnect at Sign-In" is already checked

7 - I also check "Connect using different credentials"

8 - I then click finish

After clicking finish, I do not receive a dialog box that would allow me to submit my credentials. Instead, a dialog box appears stating that it is attempting to connect to <my network path>

Windows Explorer then crashes and
    restarts

---------------

I have tried different drive letters.

I have cleared any previous mapped drives

I have tried checking and unchecking all options on the map drive screen

I can ping the resource

I have tried creating an entry in the HOSTS file instead of using an IP Address in the mapping

I have done a repair/reinstall Windows 10 from an ISO file (not a clean install)

I have cleared all saved credentials (web and windows) in Control Panel

The really odd thing is that I CAN execute a NET USE command at a command prompt and that will map the drive for me and I am then able to use the mapped drive (even from Windows Explorer) without
    issue except that the mapped connection is not persistent even though I am supplying the persistence parameter in my NET USE command.

Any ideas?

Thema:

Registration Entry not executable from mapped network drive

1. Registration Entry not executable from mapped network drive - Similar Threads - Registration Entry executable

2. Map network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map network drive: I have been trying to mount one of my home directory on my computer. For that , I have to use Map network drive but I could not find in my file explorer. Now, what should I do to get that option back on my computer?...
  3. Network drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive mappings: I have a vintage NAS: Blackarmor 220. I have to use drive mappings to access files on the drive because Microsoft decided I couldn't use what used to work. Periodically, a new version of Windows 11 is installed and all of my drive mappings to my NAS stop working. Often, I can...
  4. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  5. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  6. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a network drive: I'm trying to connect to a webdav server via the "map network drive feature". I feel like i've had success in the past with entering https://192.168.1.45:5201<---- thats not a real link I can connect to it everywhere else... submitted by /u/rexlx [link] [comments]...
  7. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  8. Error running executable using mapped drive letter on network drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Error running executable using mapped drive letter on network drive: I have been using VueMinder calendar software for years, but recently started getting an error preventing this software from loading, when using the mapped drive letter in the path. It runs fine when using the network path (IP). Have successfully run the caspol utility,...
  9. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  10. Map Network Drive

Map Network Drive: What to do with the following error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network...