Windows 10: Registry error bsod

Discus and support Registry error bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm getting a bsod that says "registry_error" after about 3 minutes of being booted up. I've tried the sfc/scannow but it can't complete. It says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaynexus77, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Registry error bsod

I'm getting a bsod that says "registry_error" after about 3 minutes of being booted up. I've tried the sfc/scannow but it can't complete. It says "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. tried running sfc/scannow in safe mode as well with the same result. I've tried a system restore but it says that it can't access some files likely due to my anti-virus even though I have disabled it. My last chance was to do a clean install and that also could not be completed. I'm not sure on what I should do. Is my PC borked?

:)

Jaynexus77, Apr 25, 2016
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Apr 25, 2016
  3. BSOD when trying to update win 10 from 1703 to 1709 (creators update)

When updating to the latest version I get a BSOD when it is in the process of installing. When it gets to around 35% it will BSOD. This has happened 10 times now and I always get one of 2 errors:
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. / Error code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.

here is link to minidmp file and msinfo32 files

Shared items 3-17-2018 2

Here's what I've tried.

• Initial attempt. BSoD at 35% updating.
    • Ran Troubleshooting BSoD. No problems detected.
    • Troubleshooting Window Update failures. Corrupt registry key fixed; updates found. BSoD at 35% updating. Same error code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL.
    • Clean boot. Removed all startup apps. Did not work. BSoD at 35% updating. Error code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.
    • Ran verifier on all drivers. Did not find any unverified or out of date drivers. All checks passed.
    • Ran a hardware/memory check no problems were found.

asad_pasha, Apr 25, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Registry error bsod

Hi Jaynexus77,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Assuming your system does not crash in safe mode, could you run following command in an admin command prompt please.
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth[/quote] Take a pic of the result and post it.

I'd like to have some diagnostics data of your hard drive to see what the status is.

Registry error bsod [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Thema:

Registry error bsod

1. Registry error bsod - Similar Threads - Registry error bsod

2. BSOD REGISTRY ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD REGISTRY ERROR: I woke up and updated my windows 11 laptop and everything was normal. But when I came home my laptop took 10 minutes to show the boot logo and then I got a Registry Error bsod. I tried using cmd But it keeps saying that my drive is write protected and no other tutorial has a...
  3. BSOD registry error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD registry error: The power in my room switched off and i had an update pending for a couple weeks so when i went to turn my pc back on it started the update and i went to sleep, when i woke up hours later i realised my pc had been restarting as if it were booting up monitor not connecting to...
  4. BSOD registry error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD registry error: The power in my room switched off and i had an update pending for a couple weeks so when i went to turn my pc back on it started the update and i went to sleep, when i woke up hours later i realised my pc had been restarting as if it were booting up monitor not connecting to...
  5. BSOD registry error

BSOD registry error: I was just playing a game... All of a sudden my system crashed with error code REGISTRY_ERROR I don't know what caused it but I can't get back to the desktop, nor use chkdsk or DISM it just keeps crashing on and on...
  6. BSOD: Registry Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: Registry Error: Need help, nothing I tried worked:SFC: Errors found, after restart still the sameDISM: cleanup-image is option is unknownCHKDSK: Found the drive that had an error.Tried deleting the disk while reinstalling windows or formatting but just becomes an error. Tried clean in cmd...
  7. BSOD: Registry Error

BSOD: Registry Error: Need help, nothing I tried worked:SFC: Errors found, after restart still the sameDISM: cleanup-image is option is unknownCHKDSK: Found the drive that had an error.Tried deleting the disk while reinstalling windows or formatting but just becomes an error. Tried clean in cmd...
  8. bsod registry error

bsod registry error: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  9. bsod registry error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod registry error: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  10. BSOD Registry Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Registry Error: Dual boot, W7 is the default OS. Start up boots into W10TP instead of BIOS selection screen without asking for password. Chrome won't open, reboot, asks for password this time and get Chrome back, somehow! Posting in a forum, BSOD for registry error. This is the first BSOD...