Windows 10: Registry fix to set maximum screen size limit for a program

Discus and support Registry fix to set maximum screen size limit for a program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Registry Setting for Windows to Open Full Screen Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums I found the above in the sister site Seven Forums but have doubts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Registry fix to set maximum screen size limit for a program

Registry Setting for Windows to Open Full Screen Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

I found the above in the sister site Seven Forums but have doubts about it working in windows 10 (although i have not yet tried)

What would be nice is a way to set programs such that even when Maximized they do not fill the entire screen and leave enough of an edge to drag them back in. Or if there were other presets besides normal and maximized. I have had Outlook open new email so large that it fills the entire screen. I know how to change that back if it does but i don't know how to prevent it from happening in the first place.

The task-view button helps but it still wont "stagger" all open pages in a working overlay-ed manner such that you can get to the one you need if it is hidden behind others. Similarly is there any other way to access the "show desktop" 'sliver' at the right end of the task-bar?
    It would be nice if I were able to click any empty spot on the desktop itself to accomplish the same thing.

Maybe there a good program that offers multiple methods of managing the windows 10 display functions such as these? I would rather pay for it than to try to tweak what is probably hundreds of different registry settings.

:)

questorfla, Jun 23, 2016
  2. mccbleue Win User

N71 reduced size MMS

Most phones automatically reduce pictures to a maximum of 640x480 pixels (you can set the sending size in most phones to that size or to a size that fits to the phone screen).

It is important to note that whilst some phones support MMS messages up to 300Kb in size, many can only receive up to 100Kb and some networks also enforce lower limits.

mccbleue, Jun 23, 2016
  3. Rest of emails not downloading even when I select to

ActiveSync policy on the Exchange server might havesetting to limit the size of emails being sent to devices.

"• Limit email size Enter a limit for the size of email messages, in kilobytes (KB). Emails that are larger than the size you specify will be delivered, but they're truncated to the maximum size."

Read below for more information on other ActiveSync settings

Change an ActiveSync Device Policy

Joseph Leo Ndlovu, Jun 23, 2016
  4. Registry fix to set maximum screen size limit for a program

I have not found the WHOLE solution but was able to use a quick-fix to add "Show Desktop" to a right click anywhere on desktop. That is a start but a normal left click would have been better. If i could find where to set the default for left click on desktop as it does nothing now.. The same script added to the correct reg key would probably do it.

questorfla, Jun 24, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    By definition a maximized windows is one that covers the entire screen. If it were possible to change this it would cause compatibility problems for some applications. When a window is maximized it's owning application has every right to expect it to cover the entire screen because it is documented to be that way, it is part of the contract. Windows provides no means to do that. As a programmer (amateur) I would have a very poor opinion of any software that changed this. Thankfully I am not aware of any.

LMiller7, Jun 24, 2016
  6. As I have always felt it best to pass along knowledge as I find it and allow others to decide what they do or do not want to use, i wanted to say that i did find he solution to the show desktop by left clicking any open spot you can find to click on no matter how cluttered things have become. It works as a true Show_desktop function meaning all opened apps are minimized giving you instant access to your normal desktop without losing anything in all the multitudes of other open windows you may have.
    Of course, anything with all these nifty features is more than just a registry value edit. It is part of a developed 'tool-set' from a company at "www.12-ghosts.com".
    This specific feature in in the desktop tools and tweaks. I am passing along the knowledge in case it is of some use to others.

questorfla, Jun 24, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    You could also use WinKey+M or D
    or add a right click for directories entry
    or use the 'Show Desktop' Quick Launch:

Registry fix to set maximum screen size limit for a program [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 24, 2016
  8. Registry fix to set maximum screen size limit for a program

Correct! Thanks. I ran across those options as well but I was looking for "the lazy way" *Biggrin. (ie: mouse only)

Actually, this usually happens when I am 'mousing about'. While the winK+D would only take a second or two more, I was determined to find out why. Since there was no function set for left clicking on the desktop, why can't I make that be the way to activate "Show Desktop"? After finding the correct command was "%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop.lnk" all I need now is the right Registry key value to set that as default and have a free, easy, (and convenient) way to "Show-Desktop" in one click.

But the Search for that has turned up many other useful tools. Knowledge that one day I am certain will come in handy.
    Thanks for adding another contribution to the options lists!

questorfla, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Registry fix to set maximum screen size limit for a program

1. Registry fix to set maximum screen size limit for a program - Similar Threads - Registry fix set

2. Raid Size limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Raid Size limit: I need to create a 10TB raid 1 or 5, Does anyone know if this can be done In Windows 10/11 Pro.I need to have optimum read speed with hardware failure protection. I currently have 4 TB of files ranging in size from 50 to 2.5 GB so read speed is important to me. I am currently...
  3. Raid Size limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Raid Size limit: I need to create a 10TB raid 1 or 5, Does anyone know if this can be done In Windows 10/11 Pro.I need to have optimum read speed with hardware failure protection. I currently have 4 TB of files ranging in size from 50 to 2.5 GB so read speed is important to me. I am currently...
  4. Setting screen time limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting screen time limits: Hello, Two questions : Can i use any device using my credentials, to set screen time limits on a separate child's device or should i only do so on the actual device itself? I want to set a daily 3.5 hour time limit on the child's device. Do i have to specify exactly...
  5. Limit Maximum Volume on external speakers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limit Maximum Volume on external speakers: Is there any way I can limit the maximum volume on an external speaker. My dad likes turning the music super loud and I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow limit the maximum volume without him being able to turn it back up easily. A simple solution would be use headphones...
  6. How to limit or set Maximum CPU Usage for Windows Defender Scan

in Windows 10 News
    How to limit or set Maximum CPU Usage for Windows Defender Scan: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Defender Antivirus has a maximum 50% CPU usage for a scan by default in Windows 10. But, you can specify a percentage of CPU usage you want Windows Defender Antivirus to not exceed. In this post, we will show [...] This post How to limit or set...
  7. The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited: Windows 10 Pro 1803. The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited, although the "High performance" power plan is included and there are no limits. Sometimes when I change power plan and reboot PC, the limiter is remove, but not for long time.[ATTACH]...
  8. Maximum drive size in a dock?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Maximum drive size in a dock?: I have a Dell T3400 with SATA 3 drives internally, and an outboard drive dock connected via USB 3.0. How can I determine the maximum drive size I can use in the dock? (Dell--and my own experience--say the internal drives can be up to 2 TB, but I don't know if that's a real...
  9. Limit Size of Hiberfil.sys?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Limit Size of Hiberfil.sys?: Every time I try to do research about Hiberfil.sys, all I end up finding is a bunch of tutorials about how to delete it completely. However, in the event that I'm doing something extremely important and my laptop's battery does run out, I'd prefer not to lose everything I've...
  10. Tile Size limited

in Windows 10 Support
    Tile Size limited: Trying to resize some of my tiles on the Windows 10 start menu. I have added Outlook 2016 and want to set it to Wide but the only options are Small & Medium. How do I get all the options on the resize? 35119

Users found this page by searching for:

1. registry limit size to maximum

2. windows screen limit maximum expand size limit