Windows 10: Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd

Discus and support Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have no idea what's making it not pop up im trying all the ways to get it to open, i tried: * regedit in run(win+r) * registry.exe in cmd with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Teletha, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Teletha Win User

Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd

i have no idea what's making it not pop up im trying all the ways to get it to open, i tried:

* regedit in run(win+r)
    * registry.exe in cmd with admin rights
    * clicking on the main .exe located in the windows folder

:)

Teletha, Aug 20, 2015

2. Windows Defender in Win10 blocking all exe, run, cmd, regedit, command prompt, and Falls update from running

So you are now back up and running?

Andre Da Costa, Aug 20, 2015
  3. AdeNorth Win User
    Windows Defender in Win10 blocking all exe, run, cmd, regedit, command prompt, and Falls update from running

Thanks for your reply.

I think your info is the fix for the problem.

Before receiving your reply I did a live chat with a Microsoft assistant who did a remote access.

I had to disable the secure boot in the bios to get what they were doing to work. Then re-enable secure boot afterwards.

Now everything is working correctly.

Cheers

AdeNorth, Aug 20, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Did you look at event viewer? It should tell you if it is crashing for some reason.

5. Teletha Win User
    no can't find anything there *Sad

Teletha, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Why are you trying to access it? Reason I ask is some malware will block regedit from running to prevent you from trying to remove the infection.

alphanumeric, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Teletha Win User

well i had a adware and i had to accesses the registry to see if the adware was in there doing some auto start but i manage to get rid of it with some adware cleaner so i then discovered that i couldn't get the registry up might be that adware or something that did it...

Teletha, Aug 20, 2015
  8. Some anti-malware tools are more dangerous, than a harmless adware. *Rolleyes
    It is preferable to get rid of it manually and use cleanup tools like CCleaner.

TairikuOkami, Aug 20, 2015
  9. Sounds like its very likely. Did you see if there is an actual regedit.exe file? It my have been deleted or renamed. You may have to run system file checker, sfc /scannow or do a Reset to fix it. Or system restore if its turned on.

alphanumeric, Aug 20, 2015
  10. Teletha Win User
    ye did it still no luck =/

Teletha, Aug 21, 2015
  11. Bazz Win User
  12. Teletha Win User

Teletha, Aug 21, 2015
  13. Bazz Win User
    Nice pleased you got sorted *Smile

Thema:

1. Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd - Similar Threads - Registry starting main

2. Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator: idk why this is but its annoyingwhen you start a cmd as admin you will execute "conhost.exe" / "cmd.exe"when you start a cmd without admin you will execute "windowsTerminal.exe" / "OpenConsole.exe"this leads for some reason to a discrepancy between starting size and font art...
  3. Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator: idk why this is but its annoyingwhen you start a cmd as admin you will execute "conhost.exe" / "cmd.exe"when you start a cmd without admin you will execute "windowsTerminal.exe" / "OpenConsole.exe"this leads for some reason to a discrepancy between starting size and font art...
  4. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  5. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  6. CMD not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD not running: I tried running CMD, and flashes and cloes in a instant in both normal, and run as administrator. I found a help forum which asked to try and run it in a different user account, for some reason this seems to work. However I am still unable to run CMD in the original user...
  7. Starting CMD from run dialogue is blank

Starting CMD from run dialogue is blank: Running CMD from the Run prompt Windows + R results in a blank cmd window. Otherwise I can access cmd from wsl or powershell by running cmd.exe . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/starting-cmd-from-run-dialogue-is-blank/30c1c708-2cc8-4188-ba20-3a5d9e6952a7
  8. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  9. What is Rundll32.exe and why has it started running in the background?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Rundll32.exe and why has it started running in the background?: Hello, From the last few days there is something bizarre happening with my Windows 10 Task Manager Rundll32.exe will start running in the background when I look at my Task Manager and will not disappear. I have Windows 10 1903 for the last 1 month and I never noticed this,...
  10. CMD run as administrator registry

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD run as administrator registry: We have an automated sysprep process that works fine for windows 8 but not in windows 10. The whole process runs when run manually through an elevated cmd prompt but after sysprep i need the cmd prompts to be automatically elevated to prompt for a computer name change....