Windows 10: Registry Question

Discus and support Registry Question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Run "Regedit". Right click on the registry areas noted below. Select "Permissions..." and the "Advanced" button. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY Type -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhillipLane1, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Registry Question

Run "Regedit".
    Right click on the registry areas noted below.
    Select "Permissions..." and the "Advanced" button.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY
    Type - "Allow" for all
    Inherited from - "None" for all
    Principal - Access - Applies to
    SYSTEM - Full Control - This key and subkeys
    Administrators - Special - This key and subkeys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
    Type - "Allow" for all
    Users - Read - This key and subkeys
    Administrators - Full Control - This key and subkeys
    CREATOR OWNER - Full Control - This key and subkeys
    ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES - Read - This key and subkeys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM
    Type - "Allow" for all
    Users - Read - This key and subkeys
    Administrators - Full Control - This key and subkeys
    CREATOR OWNER - Full Control - This key and subkeys
    ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES - Read - This key and subkeys

The issue I am having is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE, the following should be set CREATOR OWNER - Full Control - This key and subkeys, my CREATOR OWNER - Full Control – subkeys only and I cannot change this to the correct setting. When I edit the CREATOR OWNER and set the Applies to This key and subkeys I click apply and it reverts back to the subkey only setting. Any suggestions?

:)

PhillipLane1, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Jessen P Win User

Removing app from Windows registry

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Is the issue specific to a particular app?
    • What other steps have you tried before the registry step in order to uninstall that app?

Please reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Jerry8AB Win User

Registry Question

Registry Backup - Question

Registry Backup

I am reading a book, Windows 10 Anniversary Update. It makes these two statements.

• File History also keeps a copy of your Registry.
    • Every time you start your computer, it makes a backup copy of that Registry.
    Where and how do I find these copies?

Thanks,

Jerry

5/29/17

Jerry8AB, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Registry Question

1. Registry Question - Similar Threads - Registry Question

2. Windows Security Health Service Memory Usage and Registry Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Health Service Memory Usage and Registry Question: lately, the Windows Security Health Service process in Task Manager has been using the most memory out of all my other processes excluding Chrome on my Windows 10 22H2 PC. I want to preface that I have not done anything suspicious, downloaded anything, or visited any sited...
  3. Windows Security Health Service Memory Usage and Registry Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Health Service Memory Usage and Registry Question: lately, the Windows Security Health Service process in Task Manager has been using the most memory out of all my other processes excluding Chrome on my Windows 10 22H2 PC. I want to preface that I have not done anything suspicious, downloaded anything, or visited any sited...
  4. Windows Security Health Service Memory Usage and Registry Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Registry question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry question: I was editing my registry specifically to change the path for my documents folder but later reverted the changes by importing a backup I made beforehand, but it said "not all data was successfully written to the registry" should I be worried, or not? Looking at the one thing...
  6. Registry question

Registry question: I was editing my registry specifically to change the path for my documents folder but later reverted the changes by importing a backup I made beforehand, but it said "not all data was successfully written to the registry" should I be worried, or not? Looking at the one thing...
  7. Registry question

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.: Dear Teamthis is IT. Our user require to change lock screen Spotlight to Local 5 Picture and Automatically change one by one every day in WIN10_21h1. Have you advice? Can we change to local 5 picture? If yes, could you kindly advise how to do from registry since 100+ PCs need...
  9. Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.: Dear Teamthis is IT. Our user require to change lock screen Spotlight to Local 5 Picture and Automatically change one by one every day in WIN10_21h1. Have you advice? Can we change to local 5 picture? If yes, could you kindly advise how to do from registry since 100+ PCs need...
  10. Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.