Windows 10: Registry setting to disable telemetry

Discus and support Registry setting to disable telemetry in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a registry setting that would disable telemetry to Microsoft - - without creating "Some settings are managed by your organization" problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Curious, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Curious Win User

Registry setting to disable telemetry

Is there a registry setting that would disable telemetry to Microsoft - - without creating "Some settings are managed by your organization" problem?

:)

Curious, Aug 6, 2016

2. Correct way to Permanently and Completely Prevent wermgr.exe instances via Registry

I found some useful links on www.thewindowsclub.com. Please reply as to whether any might have solved your issue.

Manage Windows 10 Telemetry and Data Collection settings

Manage Windows 10 Telemetry and Data Collection settings

Disable Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program using GPEDIT or Registry

Disable Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program

George's view, Aug 6, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Is Compatibility Telemetry required for Windows Security and Applicaion Updates?

For a full explanation of Compatibility Telemetry -
    Click HERE
    , and yes if you disable Compatibility Telemetry you will still receive all updates and Windows Store will continue to work!

To stop Compatibility Telemetry completely, go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services and find the Diagnostics Tracking Service, double click it, in the resulting dialog, stop the service and set startup to Disabled

DaveM121, Aug 6, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

It might be easier and safer if you used one of the miriad of programs that are available for free. You could try this one and see what you think.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2016
  5. Curious Win User
    Easier, but not necessarily safer. I used one of these tools and they created the "Some settings are managed by your organization" error. I was then told that everything they did could be done without them. I'm trying to learn how.

Curious, Aug 7, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    You have to leave the Insider Program.

Edwin, Aug 7, 2016
  7. Curious Win User
    Can't leave it because I never was part of the insider program. *Smile

Curious, Aug 7, 2016
  8. Registry setting to disable telemetry

Be careful though, some of those settings can disable more than you might want. Like the main service for "spying" is DiagTrack, but it also disables geolocation, apps like Weather and can cause problems with MS account.

That is not an error, that is what those settings (reg policies) do whenever you apply them manually or use a tool.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Registry setting to disable telemetry - Similar Threads - Registry setting disable

2. Cannot disable Microsoft C. Telemetry!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot disable Microsoft C. Telemetry!: Hi all,My laptop last 3-4 days suffer a lot because of telemetry, it runs 40-50% of CPU. My Laptop is quite hot as well. It effected many things. And it's really suddenly come out, before wasn't there at all. I tried many way already and successfully disabled telemetry by...
  3. Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/uQFu654.png Both the Group Policy setting (and its corresponding Registry Editor setting) are applied to the old "Disable Telemetry" option. (Setting the GPO also sets the Registry setting.) But look here, at least in Build 21H1, Option 0...
  4. Disabling Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Telemetry: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license and feel strongly that as a paying customer rather than someone that was "gifted" a copy of the Home edition when I bought my laptop, I should have a degree of control over the operating system. I've disabled telemetry every time W10 is...
  5. Telemetry Settings meaning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telemetry Settings meaning: In telemetry full settings its says itqq send advance diagnostic data which include the files and content ? Does it mean private files at the moment of crash ?...
  6. Telemetry settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Telemetry settings: What does it meaning of system state at the time of hang or crash, and the files and content, Files and content meaning.....[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telemetry-settings/2d3df6a7-8241-4fc7-b99c-d64b825e2cb6
  7. How to disable Updates, Telemetry and more?

How to disable Updates, Telemetry and more?: Hi, im tired of windows downloading stuff in the background every 10 mins. How do i disable Updates and any kind of information windows can download in the background? I have a 200kb/s connection and very limited, already set to metered connection but windows doesn't seem...
  8. Disable telemetry and keep Windows store working

Disable telemetry and keep Windows store working: So as the title suggests, I want to disable as much of the telemetry in Windows as possible while not breaking the Microsoft store so I can keep playing my games. I’ve tried looking up resources on what tasks are necessary to keep it running but I can’t find anything. Does...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable: I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the time the computer starts up again, it is back to factory "steal my data" settings. I consult on a wide range of projects, and...
  10. Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry: As per Gordon Kelly,Microsoft has decided to allow users to completely disable telemetry in a future update (later this year) as I see it,this is pretty big news! will Microsoft stick to their word? time will tell... http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#16deb9603974 40546

Users found this page by searching for:

1. registry file to disable telemetry

2. win 10 regedit disable telemetry